You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Night of the Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

The Night of the Spirits

 

This story occurred on a warm summer night in 2000. I was 16 years old at this time. My friend Mike, his friend Matt, my step dad Paulie, and I decided to cast some spells that night. This was the first time I met Matt too. We decided to cast our spell down at the old basketball court that was overgrown and not used for years. It was such a beautiful clear night too.

We went down there and set up. You know, the usual candles. We had the candles set up in a pentagram form. I was to lead our circle in our magical workings. I all of a sudden heard words in my head in a different language that sounded like Latin. So I decided to go with it and I repeated what I heard. The next thing we knew was lightening cracked across the sky. It was so bright it lit up the town.

After that happened, we started to see ghosts everywhere. Anywhere you looked, you would see someone that had passed. About 15 minutes later, there were people"s names appearing in our hands. This was freaking everyone out but me, I was unusually calm.

So whe ended up going back to my house and sitting on my porch. As I stated before, I did not know Matt. When we were sitting on my porch, I was telling Matt about when his grandmother died, what she was wearing when she was buried, where she was buried and how old he was at the time. It freaked him out so bad that he was crying.

Around one o'clock in the morning, Mike was begging me to walk him and Matt to his house (which he lived right next to my house). So I obliged him and walked them across the yard.

I don't know what I said that night, I can't remember it at all. But I suggest that if I remembered it, that no one attempt it that isn't magically strong enough for it.

Other hauntings by evilblackwidow9

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, evilblackwidow9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-19)
I don't wish to sound rude but lightnening cracked along the sky, Latin was spoken through you, ghosts were everywhere and names of the dead appeared in your hands? 😲

Why exactly did you share that story with the rest of us mortals? Do you really believe that all of these happened?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
This really goes along with your last post, EBW9. I am in a bit of a bind. I have a question whose answer lies deep within your religion, I believe. Forgive me for asking, but it is needed. Do you practice lineage Wicca or eclectic Wicca? You speak of your sisters, but that is no real clue. If you would not mind... Could you please respond? Thank you in advance.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-24)
If there is anything that our help is needed on...don't hesitate to ask... We will be more than happy to help...
thank you for understanding...
blessed be you
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-24)
Completely understand, just wanted to make sure is all. You never know around here when a wiccan can answer a question better than I can. Before you all came along there was a couple of stories that I remember where a wiccan would have been invaluable. I think every person regardless of faith or beliefs who has some knowledge of the paranormal can offer help to those in need of it.

Lady/Lord be with you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you always.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-24)
Well my coven is kind of my family, not by blood, but they are my sisters. They circle that was in the story was a one time thing with them. Mike I did practice with for about 2 years. We really do a bit of everything. So that we can be able to handle almost anything. One of my sisters is redone1867.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-24)
Ah, so I take it you are wiccan? Is your family your coven or do you have a local coven you practice with? Which form of wicca do you practice?

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: