You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Woman in my Closet

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman in my Closet

 

This happened when I was 9 years old. My parents and I had moved to this house that summer. The house was an original coal miners house. I guess my parents have lived there when my mother was pregnant with me and they moved when I was 1 1/2 years old.

My room had a closet that had a sliding door on it, but the closet door didn't go all the way to the floor. It was at least two feet from the ground before the door on it started. But that closet door seemed to never shut right. It was always open about an inch or two. My bed sat right across from the closet, so every time I went to bed, I could stare directly at the closet.

One night I woke up for no reason at all that I remember and the closet door was open about six inches to a foot. And there was a woman in the closet staring at me. It freaked me out, so I ended up screaming for my parents and they came running in to see what was the matter. I told them that there was a old woman in my closet staring at me. My dad dismissed it and said I was dreaming but my mom said she would talk to me in the morning about it.

The next morning she asked me what she looked like. I told her it looked like a woman with gray hair, and beady eyes. Then I asked her why she asked. My mom told me that two years before I was born, her and my dad were taking care of my grandmother (my mom's mom). She lost her hair in that house from cancer and then died a year before I was born. My mom told me it was probably her just checking on me.

Now, I think my mom was right about it being my grandmother but I can't sleep with any kind of closet open. I'm half expecting someone to be there.

Other hauntings by evilblackwidow9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, evilblackwidow9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-14)
I hate closet too I always keep it open when I use to live in other house but now I keep open cause of junk or something so closet is scary.
xXitsaXsecretXx (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-28)
I know what you mean about being afraid of closets. I switched my room with my sister because of mine. It was a walk in closet that never closed, it was always opened at least an inch or 2. I started having really bad feeling of being watched and that something was in there. (something evil) then I started getting really horrible dreams. After a while my closet would start opening by itself. I use to put a chair in front of it to keep it in place but it never seemed to work. My family never believed me about it. My sister ended up switching rooms with me. After a couple of months, the same thing started happening to her. She ended up moving out of that room to... A lot of stuff happen in my house... Its very creepy...
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-26)
Dear evilblackwidow9, Anna,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I do understand what you are saying. I apologize in my error of communication to you. What matters is that at some time you will have to face these dark entities, whether it is gradually or immediately, like the gradual close of a closet door or the immediate closing of a closet door, all at once. The dark entities or even our darkest part of our selves, our fears will not go away until we confront them, but then you already know all of this, and so it shall be.

Welcome to this site, it is good to have you and your coven sister and friend here contributing your stories, sharing your Wiccan knowledge and your comments. You remind me of a fellow poster and Wiccan nicknamed, Brittany. You are much like her in the way you also roll with the punches and are a lovely spitfire of a soul.
She "felt" to me like a person who was all hard shelled on the outside, but on the inside she had that marshmallow soft spot and heart. Life has a way of making us hard shelled at times, because the pain is great and difficult to experience over and over again. One then learns to build defenses of armor to protect oneself from those we have experienced pain from. In all honesty, I must say that I have found this earth plane to be a very harsh human grounds of learning and survival. I commend you and all other humans who travel down the same paths of trials and tribulation. The journey can be rough, but it tempers us and teaches us.

Again, welcome and thank you for your presence, Abby
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
Abby. As I said thank you for your advice. Its not that I am afraid of the closet its self. I'm yet to put more stories up here about my many experiences. It is what is lurking in my closet that bothers me. Not the closet itself. I have had problem with dark forces in the dark. It seems like for years they have been around me. And I don't trust them.
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-20)
Abby= I agree to all your comments. I have questions which you can answer. Sometimes I tell people about my occurances, and they give me unbelieable answers. I know what is credible and not credible. But you have answer to many of my doubts through other comments.
Rose
rospie [at] santandernet.com
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-20)
Dear ebw9 Anna, I know you are a regular and Thank you for your appreciation of my advice. Yesterday (10 years ago) or today, my advice still stands.

The end of your story states as follows, and I quote: Now, I think my mom was right about it being my grandmother but I can't sleep with any kind of closet open. I'm half expecting someone to be there.

All is well.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
I haven't lived in that house in over 10 years now. I never had a problem with closets anywhere else. But being that young, I didn't understand it. Some think I'm weird but, I do have the ability to talk to spirits. But I do appreciate your advice greatly.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Dear ebw9 Anna, Talk to your grandmother as if she were in the physical and tell her that you love her and you know she loves you. You appreciate her visits, but would like her not to show up in your closet. You can also ask her not to show herself as it scares you. If you wish her to show herself, tell her she can come and visit you like when she was young and healthy. You may want to find photos of your grandmother at various ages in her life, get to know her, talk to your mom about her. You can also state the above to her photo in place of not having her there physically.

Those who love us mean us no harm, but if we feel intruded upon we have a right as the living to ask loved ones or others to meet our requests. They are afterall visitors in our physical realm and majority of the time use our energy to manifest within our lives.

Truly, I don't think most people like to sleep with closet doors open, but the way to overcome a fear is to conquer it. You may try leaving your closet door open a crack, and keep opening it wider night by night until you are used to it being open completely.

Remember, our loved ones would never want to harm us. Many spirits mean well. For me a lot of my fears and grief have come from those who are living than those who are dead.

Peaceful dreams as grandma watches over you with love.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: