You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Crippled

Real Ghost Stories

The Crippled

 

Ever wondered how things came to the way they are? Why some places give us this eerie feeling when we pass through it. Why we meet people who give us this uncomfortable feeling even if they are not doing anything. Ever picked up money on the street or on a side walk? Lucky huh! But did you ever wonder who it belonged to and why it was lying there in the first place? History was never my thing, for me everything and anything bad from the past should be left there and should be forgotten through time. But what if you had a thing or an object that links you to an event that has happened in the past. Would you let it go, or would you be thankful that you have it.

This story took place on my grandmother's house, where I had my summer vacation. I love spending time there because there is a lot that a person can do inside and outside of her house. She has a big pool, a big flat screen T.V., tennis and basket ball court, and all the amenities you could think of that is, or should be found in your modern home. That is why the 1980's looking cabinet she had on the living room seemed a bit off or out of place. So I asked my grandmother where she got the cabinet and if it was new. She made a joke about it and told me, "it's from the 80's dear, I doubt that is new". With a smile on her face, she told me that she just passed by an antique shop two weeks ago when the cabinet caught her eyes. She thought it was pretty so she bought it.

I was having the time of my life and everything was great. I had 2 weeks vacation time and I was only on my third day. Everything was okay except for the loud thuds that kept me awake at night. I did not pay much attention to it though, because when I asked what that was, it turned out that some men were working on some renovations to the house next door. They were on a tight schedule so some of the men work even at night. And even though the sound seemed different, I just took their word for it. I didn't want to ruin my time with thinking there were ghosts in the house.

One evening I was watching a late night movie when I heard the loud thuds again. This time it seemed as if they were coming inside the house. I was worried thinking it might be someone trying to break in, so I followed the sound to have a look. The sound seemed to be coming from the living room. The weird thing was as I got closer to the sound I could hear some screeching and scratching sounds after the thuds. What I saw next was the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. No amount of scary movies or Hollywood effects could have prepared me for what I saw that night. It was an old lady soaked with blood. I thought the loud thuds were footsteps, but it turned out those were her hands banging on the floor. The scratching sounds were from her long nails as she scratched dragged herself across the room. She was crippled and couldn't walk, it also seemed as if some of her bones were out of place because some of her body parts were deformed. She was crying out for help, had no eyes and only had a blue eerie light that seemed to be coming from the back of her head, that lit her eye sockets.

I ran to the maids quarters given the fact that it was closer than where my grandmother's room was located. I woke everyone up and told them what I saw. When we came back the floor was spotless clean and nothing was there. Next day I convinced my grandmother of returning the old cabinet to the store. Upon returning the cabinet, my grandmother asked who was the previous owner. It turned out that an old woman used to own the cabinet. One day, she just disappeared. Some say she went back to the states without anyone knowing, some say she was brutally murdered, some say she was beaten to death and was stashed somewhere. "But no one actually knows what became of her", "No evidence was located, and no body was found as well." said the vendor. Neither my grandmother nor I said a word. We were speechless and couldn't figure out what to do. We just left the cabinet there and went home.

The weird thing about the story of the old lady, was that no one even bothered to investigate on her case to know the truth. Her family just tried to make some money out of her belongings and that was it. But the weirdest part of all is the people who hear this story sometimes claim that they see the old woman every now and then, asking for help, crying out, curled up inside their own cabinets.... FREAKY!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

bettinawesome (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
Wow you've got to be a good writer. Great introduction and details. This story will be in my favorites:)
Ace45 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
Van has the best comment. Hehe Peanut Butter. I like how this is a true story but at the end you twist it into a near fiction. Very well written Props.
jelk (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
its really a scary and sad story at the same time. The fact that the old lady just disappeared and no one bothered to investigate to know what really happened... 😢 Its creepy in a way how the old lady looks like 😨
Charlemagne (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Nice story... Thank you for sharing.

I find it sad, though, that while the old lady is unable to find peace, no one, not even her family, seems to care what happened to her or find her.
Krista (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
great story, I would of passed out if I seen something like that.

And I would just like to add lol at Vannarra's comment 😆
clamgirl1234 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
Whoa, this really freaked me out. This is one of the best stories I have read. This is DEFINATLEY my favorite. I think I know why when you bought the cupboard, the lady came. It might be because they MIGHT have stashed her body in there for a pretty long time and because of that (since the cupboard might be small) she must have had her body deformed or something. But I am truly guessing this. This story deserves an award for the way it is written and details given! Bravo Matthew!
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
Whoa, this really freaked me out. This is one of the best stories I have read. This is DEFINATLEY my favorite. I think I know why when you bought the cupboard, the lady came. It might be because they MIGHT have stashed her body in there for a pretty long time and because of that (since the cupboard might be small) she must have had her body deformed or something. But I am truly guessing this. This story deserves an award for the way it is written and details given! Bravo Matthew! 😲 😁!
Biemaster
muahh (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-03)
waaah! It gave me goosebumps myself! I can almost imagine the old lady... Crippled... Blood all over... Gah!

last part's funny... Made it look like a chain letter lol 😆
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-20)
Very scary if it was indeed a true experience and an awful death for a helpless old woman or any person for that matter but Matthew, you said you "enhanced" a few details. You're not supposed to do that, you're supposed to narrate the event as it happened and even add the feelings it provoked. Sometimes even our feelings are enough to "blur" the reality of an event, let alone the extras that you confessed. I'm afraid you've lost your wider audience that way.
philippinegirl (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
lol...pinoy na pinoy ang dating ng kwento... Anyweiz I like the story... Americans are really scareddddddd!... 😜
Vannarra (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Great I can just imagine it now...
"Hey Mom? Have you sen the peanut butte-AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
❤ -Vannarra
elner (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-10)
GOD you scared the crap out of me! 🤔 because when you said that the lady will come out our cabinets and there's a cabinet near me I thought shes there I scared the shiat out of me 😆
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
This is a truly frightening tale! I have heard of objects (and dealth with an object myself) that the owners stay 'attached'. How horrifying to witness, but even more horrifying is the fact that this poor women is missing and who knows what and nothing was done! That is absolutely shameful! I do hope she is abole to cross over and find peace instead of enduring this suffering again and again!

I will say a prayer for her,
Gid Bless!
multo...... (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-08)
hey if anybody here experienced what this person experienced report back here ASAP! If you are alive from fear...
babyd (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-22)
I think your story is very interesting and I believe that every thing you said is true because iv had a lot of things happen to me in my parents home also but its a damn good story
Jen (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-18)
Hey matthew. Your story is interesting. I just can't believe this could really happen in real life! :). Well... if this is just an imagination, YOU'RE AN AMAZING WRITER! :)
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-31)
Wow, this sounds like something right out of a movie, but hey I'm not gonna say I don't believe you because I wasn't there to experience it and I've(to tell you the truth)never seen that lady or anything else like it, but are you sure that it just wasn't your imagination or bad luck or something? Hey, I'm not judging you, I'm just saying. Well, maybe your right or maybe you made this up completely but yet, I don't know and I'm not gonna just assume your lieing, but hey I've been reading all your stories on this site and every single one of them is very interesting.
Matthew (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-18)
well you better believe it Jim. It was the most horrifying day of my life. But maybe I did take things to far. But yes it did happen that way, maybe I just enhanced the details too much. But thank you for the comment, I appreciate it.
Jim (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-18)
I don't know man...this kind of sounds too good to be true. I honestly try to have a very open mind, bu t this sounds like it came from a Goosebumps book or something. If it is true...it's a damn good and scary story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: