You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Encounters of Marie

Real Ghost Stories

Encounters of Marie

 

I have just moved into my new house and I've overheard my mom talking about a ghost in our house named Marie. I didn't believe her, but one night, I was having trouble sleeping, so I went to the bathroom. It was a warm, spring night, so there was no cold feeling in the air. I walk back into my room, and it was very cold in a part of my room, near the closet. I just ignored it. A while later, I saw her, standing next to the closet. I got scared and ran into my mom's room. During another day, me and my friends were having an iced tea sale in front of my house. My sister ran into the house for some more mix and I was trying to scare her by spraying the window with the hose. I have realized that she walked back outside. So I dropped the hose and looked back at the window. All of the sudden, I see an old lady shaking her finger at me. Marie died in my house in her sleep at an old age. The same night, I hear a whisper in my ear: "Get out." We also found out that she died in my room!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

nikko (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
hi... I know this story is nearly 5 years old, and nobody has commented on it in 3 years... But I stumbled across it today while reading this site... And upon reading the comments, I found myself laughing. PrincessKatie is DEAD wrong about ghosts. The house I currently live in, was my grandparents home... My grandfather built it in 1970... Anyway... The land the house is sitting on, used to be a hayfield... And the former landowner was plowing the hayfield one day, and had a stroke and died... A few hours later, his sister found him... The horse that was guiding the plow was turning in circles because of where Andy had a stroke and was paralyzed on one side of his body. He died in 1932 I believe. He still roams the property... ESPECIALLY the house. Cabinets open... Doors open (even when deadbolted shut) I'm not afraid of him... I never have been... He's just an unseen member of the household. I can remember even when I was just a girl, my grandpa shrugging off some mysterious happening in the house or on the land by saying 'Oh, Andy must want attention today" or just simply "hi Andy" I really want to write my stories... I've seen and felt spirits my whole life...
Vannarra (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Oh, and Ghosts can show up plenty of times. There are also stories of those who see ghosts (the same ones) on a regular basis.)
Sorry PrincessKatie, but just because you've only seen them once or at different times doesn't mean that it's not possible. It is I assure you. Maybe he is lying, maybe not,
But you're not entirely right either.
❤ -Vannarra
Vannarra (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Wow. That's some serious negative energy there, granny. Lol
But on a serious note.
I would understand if someone was in my room where I died, I wouldn't like it either, but Marie has to know that that's your house and room now, not hers anymore. Tell her that. Say "You will not get out this is y our room and your house" and tell her to leave. Make sure you're forceful. (She needs to know you mean business)

Hope it helps
❤ -Vannarra
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Ghost don't show up loads of times. I have seen ghosts and I have only seen 3 this years and heard the 4th one and all those ghosts were different they only showed up once then went and never came back. 😐your making out a ghost can show itself loads of times . There saying your lying your a lier that what they are telling me. Sorry
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-31)
Oh wow, I also too would be totally scared if I found some lady died in my house(in my room!!)and most of all if I didn't even know her. I believe you completely because I've been through that before. Even if that lady died in your room, she doesn't have the right to scare the living daylight outa you and tell you to Get out!! That's not right and fair, but still, maybe she's had a bad torrturing past in that room and you should pray for her so that she could go to heaven and not bother you anymore.
Ratterrier68 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-28)
Omg, thats a scary story...i would be soo scared to sleep in my room, if that happened to me.
Good Luck and if you can comment on my ghost story..."the little girl that walked the house."
Thanx
Allison (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-16)
Guess the ghost didnt like you all that much. did you stay in the house and the room?


allie
Matthew (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-04)
Wow, that is scary. Its a good thing that you are still brave enough to stay in your room eventhough you know that there is a history of a person dying there. Did you guys move houses already??? or you guys still live there???

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: