You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our House

Real Ghost Stories

Our House

 

It seems that every single residency my family has lived in; there was always some sort of paranormal activity going on, it never failed. Sometimes it would take a while for it to start happening, but once it did, it was usually constant.

We were living in Michigan for a while when one day we got a notice from our landlord, the letter stated that because our landlord had lost his house, he would be evicting us from the house we were renting so he could stay there, and we had 30 days to find a new home. Finding a new place in 30 days can be a challenge and for whatever reason, that month the market was just bad for house hunting. My Mother flat out refused to rent an apartment and eventually out of simple need for finding a new home, she actually bought a house. It was a spur of the moment kind of deal but at the same time it was kind of cool because we had never owned a house before this. The house was big and roomy and it simply felt good, which was a weird change of pace for us. Everything went well for months. Then things started to happen. It started of really small, keys would go missing, or sometimes the TV would just turn on and off by itself. All of these things are easy to explain so we just kind of brushed it off. Then things started to slowly progress in activity.

Chairs started to move on their own, doors would open and close on their own, that sort of deal. These were things we were already used to, so it wasn't that much of a concern to any of us but the problem is the activity continued to get worse and worse. It started to happen mostly to me. I would wake up in the middle of the night and hear voices coming from the living room. These voices were loud enough for me to hear down the hall and clear enough for me to hear conversations being held. I'd get up, open my door and look down the hall and all the lights would be off and the house would be silent. After a while I'd start waking up to other noises as well, someone or something was scratching on the inside of my bedroom walls. It was a spastic, random scratching like the sound of a mouse or a bat in the wall; it was long, low, audible sounds of someone slowly scratching down the walls. Often at times it disturbed me so much I'd have to leave the room and sleep somewhere else.

I remember one day I had taken a nap upstairs in the family room when my Mother suddenly came home, she was upset and started to talk to me, "You know if you're going to use the stereo in the basement, that's fine, but don't crack it up all the way and then walk away!", I had no idea what she was talking about and no one else had been home at the time. This continued to happen so often that they had to pull the stereo out of the workshop in the basement.

These things continued to happen until I graduated high school and moved out of the house. What was more disturbing to me was when my Mom had informed me no one in the house wanted my room even though it was the biggest one and that, at least a few times a week, something would walk around in my room and slam my doors. My bedroom eventually became a storage room and in order to prevent the doors from opening and closing, were constantly kept locked.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JarMan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

senshiofmars (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Wow, JarMan, you were a very brave child to be able to act so calmly most of the time!

I feel somewhat related to you because in my family, only Mum and I have had experiences like yours, although ours were never as drastic.

Do you know whether there is/are any reason (s) as to why not everyone has such experiences?
JarMan (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
I'd like to add for those of you intrested, my Mother still lives in the house. In 2009 I moved back up North to be with my family and brought my (ex) girlfriend with me.

There were a few times she had to stay at my Mother's house. One day when I picked her up she told me about how she was sleeping on the couch downstairs when something opened the door from the kitchen, walked in and tossed keys on the table and then walked upstairs and proceeded to slam doors on and off for about an hour.

Besides her, my Mother was the only other person home and she was sleeping.

For about 6 months I had to move back into my Mother's house. Before I moved in I went to the house to clean my room and move out a bunch of storage stuff, when I got there I waited until everyone was gone and went into my room.

I walked into the middle of the room and said, "It's been a long time since I've lived here, but I refuse to put up with bad behavior, we need to get along, you be nice and I'll be nice, deal?"

In the 6 months I stayed there, nothing happened. Not once. But as soon as I moved out my Mom said the door opening and closing and something walking around stared up again.
JarMan (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
I'll be honest Miracles51031, for the most part I am like more of a ex-ghost hunter. It's been almost a year and a half now since my last "investigation", most of my experiences have settled down since 2009. I don't have too many troubles these days except horrible panic attacks on occasion. I chalk it up to working at Walmart and having too little money.

Also, as far as personal experiences go, I have never investigated them or tried to understand them too well. Being out in the field, away from home is one thing, but being home, alone, at night and just thinking about these things, in all honesty it bothers me. I always tried to keep it away from my house.

My Mother always claimed she had a physic streak and she said I did too. I never once bothered to try and induce anything or encourage this ability, as much as the paranormal interests me, I'd never want to open that door in my life.

Kind of odd right? A paranormal enthusist who wants nothing to do with it at home.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
JarMan - I have to say I feel very "at home" in your mom's house 😊 or houses LOL! Actually, your first sentence is one I've said many times. 😆

The voices and conversations that go on until you open the door? Yeah, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Actually, zzsgranny can validate this one for me, can't you, Granny?

Sorry folks, but JarMan, here's my same speach and recommendation. Since you've had experiences in just about every place you've lived, do you keep a journal? If not, I highly recommend doing so. I would think, by reading your profile, that you already do, but it's not something everyone thinks about. This journal is a very important "tool" to have.

I've enjoyed both your stories, by the way. Very well written and they weren't filled with "overlydramatic crap" to try and make them more believable.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-27)
Great story! Seems you and your family are lightening rods when it comes to ghosts. Keep us informed on anything else that happens. We'd love to hear more.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
JarMan: Well, this story explains why you wanted to become a paranormal investigator! 😆...From the sounds of it, your whole family has had experiences, am I right?...I believe that your entire family is open to the paranormal, and that's why you had occurances everywhere you went!

Another great story! 😊...Keep them coming ❤
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
A lot of the talking was very dull mumbling, just low enough to where I couldn't understand it.

Other times the voices were having conversations about having to go to the doctors office or how their day went. There was at least 3 unique voices, one of them was feminine.

I forgot to mention one night around 2:30AM or 3:00AM I woke up, went to the bathroom and then went back to bed, while I was trying to go back to sleep I suddenly started to hear the voice of a female singing. I kind of freaked out and put my pillow over my head and counted until I fell asleep.

The talking only happened a handful of times, while the scratching happened constantly until I moved out.

Trust me, at the time I wasn't very brave at all and I was simply "dealing". A lot of times when it got too much I'd go sleep downstairs on a couch.
hagi (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-26)
JarMan,

Nice story. It looks like you guys have had some bad luck in finding homes. I know that if the house is abandoned for a while unwanted entities are very likely to move in. You are very brave to just sit there and listen to the "spirits" talk and scratch on your wall. Can you tell us what they talking about and how many different voices you heard?
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
My Mother still lives in the house, she refuses to go into my room unless she has to. When the holiday seasons rolls around she actually has one of us kids or something go collect the stuff out of that room.

My Mother claims to have a bit of the physic in her and she says she dislikes the feeling of the room and doesn't care to go in there.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-25)
So your mum still lives in this house? And maybe the same ghost has been folllowing your family around? It sure likes attention 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: