You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Something In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Something In My House

 

In my house I have always had a weird feeling but the last few months are really making me wonder about this place. I am fairly inexperienced with this kind of thing so pardon the awkwardness of my story.

Lets start about 2 months ago. I came home from school, stressed out as usual and fell asleep. When I woke up it was about 11pm. Most people in my home were asleep, so I began walking to my room which is located at the end of the hall (I fell asleep on the living room couch) and as I walked I felt a stinging sensation on my left arm. I thought, "Ok, something is stuck to my shirt and scratched me," but when I checked the scratch after entering my room I couldn't find any explanation for what scratched me. I just saw 3 scratch marks (not very deep mind you, just scratches) still I was skeptical. Until a few weeks later I started feeling like there was always something looming over me whenever I would enter my home. Then one day me and my grandmother were sitting on the couch and a few books just shot off the bookshelf reaching the middle of the room. Needless to say I was scared shiatless. But I still didn't think much of it. Then these scratches, like the ones mentioned earlier, started apearing on me. I wouldn't feel it but when I would shower I would notice three scratch marks (always 3 and always never more, never less) and I began to become afraid.

Then about a month ago I kept hearing this BOOM BOOM BOOM coming from my hall. Whenever I tried to ignore it, it would just seem to get closer and louder. Once it even woke up my grandfather (its always at night, it usually starts at about 10pm and ends around 5 am

-Although it seems at its zenith around 12-4AM) Two days ago I was sitting on my computer checking my myspace and I hear a gravelly voice behind me say "you." It scared the crap out of me. Last weekend I had some friends staying over (all my friends have had at least 1 personal expierence at my house) and we were in the kitchen looking for food and we heard "BAM" and my grandmother in the living room said, "what was that?" When we went and looked the calculator (which was in the middle of the table) was in the middle of the room.

What could this be? A ghost? A demon? Poltergeist? What? Its probably worth mentioning that I used to dabble in the occult (ouija boards and the like. I used to constantly talk to a being named Izmaniel) until recently so please if you can offer any advice email me at RRolfes@live.com. I appreciate any advice you can offer and any information you may have thank you -Talitus

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Talitus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Talitus (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
Religion is a crucial part of the paranormal in some aspects but by no means in all. I would thank you to keep your nonsensical religious debates off my page not because I am against them but because it is pointless to argue on such matters when all are entitled to their own opinion.
Jitow (362 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
Darizuka, this is a spiritual site and religion is a crucial part. If there is anything that you hate about this site, stay off of it and in indonesia.
Talitus (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
Because in all honesty he was quite the conversationalist though now I know it probably wasn't a good idea to talk to a being with such a name and a few mildly outlandish things to say
sawwheeler (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Izmaniel uh... Sounds like a demon name to me not a human name I don't know why you would talk to him
Talitus (1 stories) (22 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-03)
its ok. You are correct. Adolphos has no clue what he is talking about.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-01-03)
Talitus - sorry for taking up so much time on your story. I just felt like this needed to be said.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-03)
Adolphos - I followed the link you provided and read both her profile and her story and did not find anything that supported your claim that she expresses a similar point of view. She does say be assertive, that I agree with. A person with a ghost in their home can lay down some rules if necessary, guidelines in a way to help maintain a peaceful existence in the home.

She ALSO says be respectful, and commanding a ghost to do your chores is NOT respectful no matter how you look at it. It's demeaning and you'd probably end up with trash all over your house. If I was a ghost, that's how I'd react.

She admits to being 56 years old and seeing ghosts for the last 4 years (as of the date of her story). I'm 45 years old and have been seeing and hearing ghosts since I was 13. And in my experience, and this just my experience here, there is no need to be antagonistic with ghosts. Why start off a relationship being a jerk? Having a ghost in the house is pretty much like having a living, breathing person (except for the living, breathing part LOL). You treat them with respect and you're going to get it back. You come at them with attitude and demands and treat them like they are some kind of lower level being here to do your bidding, which they are NOT, and you're going to get all kinds of crazy back. Not a good situation to be in and not good advice to give to people.

Listen, I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm just trying to make you understand that ghosts, for the most part, aren't here to cause trouble. The little bumps and knocks and moans and groans are to get attention.

I won't sit here and tell you all ghosts are good ghosts because that would be an out-and-out lie and a stupid thing to say, simply because all people are not good and when bad people die and don't cross over, I (personally) think they retain their bad personality, giving you a bad ghost.

Adolphos, there is no really good reason for you to keep telling people this stuff unless you have a true experience of your own that backs it up. It seems to me that you are asking people to experiment and provide you with the feedback. That is reckless and is possibly putting people in danger. Not good, not good at all.
Talitus (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-03)
if anything telling it that I am the boss would result in more bodily harm. And I must also say adolphos. Using disny movies in your comments to try and prove a point does not by any means help people take you seriously.
Talitus (1 stories) (22 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-03)
adolphos I have to say that I cannot take your comments seriously but can refer you to a good shrink.
Adolphos (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-02)
The Aladdin story (based on which Disney made the film) serves to illustrate a point. It's not useful to be submissive and passive with ghosts, but be in command. A person who has seen spirits for several years also expresses a similar point of view: http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=29620
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-01-02)
Adolphos - really? That's your advice? A Disney story? I noticed you've used Disney stories a couple of times in your comments. Not very good advice, actually.
freddysgirl1984 (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-02)
Seems to me like this spirit, be it whatever it is, is REALLY trying to get your attention... Some people think that using methods like house cleansing and candles will get rid of these kinds of things, but it's on more higher state of mentally than just sprinkling salt and saying abra cadbra.

Take Care,
Darby ❤
Adolphos (62 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-01-02)
Tell it decidedly and firmly that you are its master, that it must obey you from now on. Then give it any task to do or perform any wish. Leave a reply on how it works!

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyW2FvrKHVg
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-02)
Oh hooray! I'm a religious nut case. That's ALWAYS wanted to be when I grew up. We will see in the end. Bless you & yours, MCL>3

~LSD~ ❤
Talitus (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-02)
I can not say I do believe in djinn or jin or what have you. But I do appreciate your comment. And will look into your advice
Ghostified (1 stories) (14 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-01-01)
A poltergeist definitley! And I wonder if it has something to do with the scratches that appear on me?
aragorn988 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-01)
Dear Talitus;

Well the thing you have mentioned in your story is really disturbing and dangerous. I don't know whether you believe in JIN or not but reading your story, there is a very high chance that its a JIN. Because Ghosts don't hurt and they have no reason to hurt you because you haven't hurt someone that may appear as a ghost or is related to a ghost. But if its JIN then you should be extremely cautious, because they don't hurt in start. They will satrt by making you feel that someone is there but with time they gain strength and start to appear openly (the books case, the kitchen story, calling from back). I don't want to scare you but this thing might also appear in front of you after some time. The only way to deal with them (JINs) is a religiuos matter. I know that some people have mentioned it has not anything to do with religion but to my knowledge it has everything to do with religion. So my advice to you will be that you should consult some religious person and discuss this matter in deatil with him.

Regards

Aragorn
Talitus (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-31)
I don't mind if you submit religious solutions... But at least make them viable. I mean really? Burn the ouija board and sprinkle some salt in your door ways. That will stop the being that scratches and batters you. For real?
Darizuka (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
Man... What I hate most in this site... Are the religious nutheads who throw testaments and parables from the Bible which has absolutely no relation to the topic at hand... E.g savvylady and etc...

-_-"
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-25)
Talitus- You are right about that. However, the plainchant is what you should really be worried about, on the basis that more energy from the entity is transferred, in order for them to move it.

Take care. 😊 ❤
Talitus (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-25)
And for the record burning a ouija board sounds like an absolutely TERRIBLE idea. No offense to your beliefs but burning and breaking a ouija board is an absolutely horrible idea
Talitus (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-25)
I have a friend who was into wicca and did all of that salt and sage stuff. None of it had the slightest effect.
ebony1997 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-25)
well I know something that might help. To stop things from being thrown. All you have to do is sprinkle salt around your skirting boards (bottom of your walls) and stick some garlic bread on your windowsill and the top of your doorframe. You then must sprinkle holy water around the room. Hope this helps. And perhaps you could set up a camera do a voice recording. And another tip: if playing with a ouija board, when it starts to make an eight shape you must snap the oard and burn it immediately because a bad spirit is trying to get out. Also wear things realted to god or something such as the crucifix hung above your bed.
Talitus (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-23)
there have been no murders here. Yes I have looked at history of my home. 3 suicides on the property however. 1 in 1951 another in 1967 and the last in 1982 the first was a woman that slit her wrist in the bathroom in the hall. The second was a man who hung himself in a tree in the backyard the third was a 16 year old boy who hung himself from the ceiling fan in the living room
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-23)
Hi

I'm back from the exorcism, and all went well. The home is now consecrated and sealed. It is now up to God what occurs, but the family will get more rest and peace now. I am sure of this. I'm exhausted and may call it an early night. God bless you all. Jim
Ikatsu (3 stories) (24 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-23)
Jitow, (and I have no time right now to read your full comment), I am by no means an expert. JimD, of course, is, and he's helped me also. I'm just here if you need anyone to talk to because right now I'm going through issues with demons and the paranormal, (if you've read one story of mine). If anything just to relate to someone if they need it to know they're not alone. That is my goal:3
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-23)
Jim, you are so right about around Christmas time. I was to lead worship & teach for the youth group on Christmas day while my dad did the same for the adults, you know? Well I'm losing my voice my dad just got into new mexico last night, they moved there. & there's so much spiritual warfare goin on with them & he has to come back here Christmas day to do this. Lol. For a big church. So I know what you mean & concur. Keep Jesus in Christmas y'all!

~LSD~
sensitive (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-23)
i didn't read all the comments, so I don't now if someone said this already, but have you looked up the history of the house? There may have been a murder there and someone if trying to contact you. Also more likely, it could be a demon. Have a priest come and bless the house. Say prayers every night and keep a cross and holy water close at hand. Also, if it is a demon, they usually scratch 3 marks. That's there evil number like 6 repeated 3 times is the devils number. Search history on you and the house. God bless hope everything gets better.
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-23)
Hi to all;

Thank you for your kind words; they mean more to me than you know!

Jitow; Thanks, and I've been saying in my own home "Jesus take this from us now" and things do settle down by about 75% immediately. I may institute a specific prayer for me with Holy water, when leaving a case, and prior to entering my own home.

BadJuuJuu: Also, thanks. Yes, I've been quite busy lately. 'The Work' naturally drops off immediately after Christmas day. It does not pick up again until immediately prior to Easter. I may take the month of January off and not enter any of these infested homes.

Granny: Thanks also. I guess I do need a braek to clear my head. It's easy to diagnose other people's situations, but not nearly so simplistic to self diagnose.

By the way, 99% of the people here are good people. There are also others here working for something very bad. A few months ago, my partner in the Work received an email, which asked very personal questions about us, our families, where we live, our team, and exactly how we know so much,, i.e. Where did we receive our training. Regretably, if you help others, the people serving these spirits come to keep an eye on you. No way around it. I post this simply to inform everyone of the gravity of this ministry.

Well, thanks for the support. I think January, 2011, will be my time to decompress, and to step back from The Work. Please pray for me today. This one's low level, but it'll still fight - they almost always do, and they always loose - thanks not to me but to Jesus and Mary. God bless you all, Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays. Jim
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-23)
Talitus: It's my belief that sometimes spirits who have been brought into our realm via an Ouija board get stuck here because the board wasn't closed properly, and in some instances become upset because they can't find their way back to their own realm... They will do anything to get your attention, even if it means physical contact... You haven't mentioned what other forms of occult you've dabbled in, black or white, but I'd venture to guess it was black?...

I think in this instance the advice of JimD should be followed... Even if it's not a demon, it is angry and wants your attention...However, one little shot won't do trick... Do it every night... If it doesn't work, then you'll know that this is just a stuck spirit in need of getting home...

Jim, you need a break!...I totally agree with BJJ... Talk about "taking your work home with you"! 😊...Live to fight another day, good motto... Know that you're in our thoughts, and are willing to help if we can... Just be careful, and stay healthy... Happy holidays to you and yours 😊 ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: