You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Ghost Derek

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Derek

 

This is my second story.

These occurrences have only been happening since May 10.

I moved into an army married quarter with my husband in May 2010. At first all seemed normal. My husband went away on a course and it was quiet until the night before he was due back when I heard footsteps upstairs. Now there was only me and my cat in the house and we were both sat on the sofa, and then it went quiet and a picture came flying off my wall in my living room and smashed my lamp into pieces.

I hear footsteps nearly every night since my husband went to Afghanistan.

Me and my sister were talking about it on Saturday night and she thinks it maybe a soldier who has been killed at war protecting me. I don't know what to make of this.

I have jokingly nicknamed the ghost Derek and I even say hello to him when I walk in the house now.

He was in my room at the same time as me last night next to my bed. My cat Evie started going mad and hissing at "Derek".

I don't know why he is there but I never feel scared at all and he has never touched me.

Last night I did have a dream that felt so real. I was asleep in bed and all of a sudden I felt a touch on my shoulder that woke me, when I looked at the side of my bed there was a mass there just looking at me. I have ever experienced this before and it shocked me but still I didn't feel scared.

Thank you for taking time to read my second story.

Other hauntings by Codd2712

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Codd2712, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Codd2712 (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
Dan- I thought the same. It moved a picture in my room last night. I am going to staert researching the home I live in today.

Serenity- My sister thinks its there to protect me while my husband is away. I don't know what to think. It seems harmless enough.
Serenity (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-03)
I think it might be something to do with your anxiety over your husband - it's either some kind of nervous telekinesis, or your anxiety has attracted something to you either to comfort you or feed off your fear.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Well I'm glad that you do not feel threatened or scared by his presence, but the whole throwing of the picture at your lamp is a bit over the top to get your attention when I think about it. I would approach this one with a bit more caution he may very well be harmless, although you do not fully know its intentions, maybe a bit of home history could shed a bit of light on your situation. Good luck to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: