You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Message On The Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Message On The Mirror

 

My girlfriend and I have lived in our apartment for over a year now and nothing has really happened out of the ordinary that couldn't be dismissed by reason.

My girlfriend's cousin died almost 2 years ago and never lived in this apartment but we have both always felt as though she may be here with us. We write sweet notes to each other on our mirror in our bathroom with a dry-erase marker. We had just cleaned all the messages off (with Windex) except for a countdown of our move to the beach. The day before yesterday I had written her a lyric on the mirror reading "Aint no woman like the one I got" on 2 separate lines written slightly at an angle. Yesterday evening I took a shower and when I got out I noticed there wasn't condensation on the centre section, and naturally I dismissed it. I also noticed that the last letter of each line I had written were slightly turned maybe as if I had written it off because it was at an angle.

After I got out of the shower I got dressed and went to the couch to relax with my dogs. About 30 to 45 minutes later my girlfriend left for a few minutes to get the mail and when she got back she went to use the bathroom. She came out and asked me if I had re-written what I had wrote. I told her no, I hadn't even been to the bathroom since I had taken a shower, and was still on the couch. She made me swear to her I didn't change it and that's when I realized something was wrong. So she brought me to the bathroom to show me. When I looked at the mirror every single letter I wrote was turned at different angles, completely different from the way I had written it. In shock we erased it immediately, scared of what it was. Now we wished we would have taken a picture.

To me it looked as though someone had taken each individual letter and just threw them on the mirror at random. My girlfriend swears it wasn't my handwriting anymore and when she erased it, it was hard to erase as if it had been on the mirror for days. What does it mean and should we write back?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, elvis213, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tara2renee (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-22)
This just happened to my family. I wrote chores on the mirror for my cousin to do yesterday. I went up there this morning and wrote him another, more angry message about following directions on the chore list. He woke up at around 11:45 and took a 25 minute shower. I was home the entire time. The markers were in my office an not in an obvious place, they are new. He went and got lunch and when he came back he went up stairs to use the restroom and called me to come check out the mirror. At first he thought he was having some sort of reaction to a migraine medicine, or that I was tricking him. Basically all the letters looked exactly as elvis had described, but they were my handwriting. It was very strange. Can letters slide around on a mirror. Than the message, the angrier one I wrote was completely unreadable, like the letters were made out of string and had been moved in odd directions. I am not scared but very confused. We have been in this for three years now. I have pictures, but can't find a place to post them. Any suggestions? COULD THIS JUST BE BECAUSE OF THE CHEMICALS IN THE MARKER, with the steam?
SafetyTorch (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
I like this story, very interesting. I don't know, I wouldn't know what to do. Maybe out of curiosity I would wright back. But whatever you feel comfertable doing c:
elvis213 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-21)
so the mirror incident happened so many weeks ago- we have kept our youngest dog ady in the bathroom while we are work since she was a puppy. The past week and a half straight she is out of her kennel when we get home... We check it everyday to make sure there is no way it isn't closing and her paws are definitly too big to fit through the holes, despite the fact the latch is too tricky for a dog to figure out let alone open with their paw. So we tested it yesterday and put her in the bedroom in her kennel and when we got home she was still in it. Is this spirit letting her out in the bathroom? And my dog has been really horse lately... Wondering if this spirit is playing with my dog or messing with her. & why does it just happen in the bathroom?
elvis213 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
We both made the decision to stop writing on the mirror. Not sure who it was and honestly we just don't know what we would do if there was a response. Even with all the questions we have we know it won't necessarily give us answers. & darkness- I understand that logic says condensation, but we have been writing on the mirror for months now and nothing has ever happened. And this wasn't smudged letters or runny letter, it was the letters in different places, definitely something I couldn't explain myself and I am a very level headed person. Thank you for your responses! We appreciate other opinions when we don't completely understand what happened
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Darkness- dry erase marker wouldn't slide around. If anything the letters might run, but it seems unlikely with dry erase.

Elvis- without writing on the mirrior again, have you tried talking to him/her/it? In some cultures mirrors are seen as gateways to other worlds.

I'd avoid writing on the mirror for a while, although I do think it's cool that you and your other half were doing that for each other. DOn't go the route of a ouija board or anything like that... It's asking for trouble. If you have other weird happenings away from the mirror thing I'd say start asking questions of him/her/it, but remember not to ask a question you really don't want to know the answer to.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
elvis213: Looking at this from a differant perspective is it possible the condensation in the bathroom from the steam could have caused the letters to slide or move perhaps? Just a thought to consider!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
amandariot (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
I think it would be interesting to see what the ghost has to say but you have to be careful. If you start writing to it, you are inviting it in and it may never leave. It may not be your girlfriend's cousin, therefore, it could be dangerous to communicate with it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do (:
diana_eldridge44 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Yes! If there is a ghost in your house and you want to know, then go ahead! The ghost may be friendly and want to communicate.

Diana ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: