You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Night Crawler

Real Ghost Stories

Night Crawler

 

For this story I'll have to jump back a few years to when I was 17 and living with my father. I had been with him for a year. My father and I lived in a little 2 bedroom unit behind my Nana's house. In the main house (as we called it) lived Nana, a handful of my cousins, my uncle and my younger sister Samantha. My Nana had owned that house for 30 or so years and pretty much everyone in the family had lived there with her at some point. Now it was my turn.

When I first went to live with my Dad I had the end bedroom in main house next to Nana's room. It didn't bother me in the slightest that my great grandfather had died in that room. The house had a very safe, nurturing feel to it. I never felt threatened in there. Perhaps it had something to do with Nana and her Mormon ways.

I was only in the house for a few months before I moved into the unit out back with Dad and Sam moved into my old room. I noticed the odd shadow flit past me and got strange feelings of not being alone in my room but nothing really happened until I had been in the unit for a year.

My sister Jess was visiting for the weekend as usual. She was staying in my room, on a mattress on the floor. It had been the same old routine during the day, nothing amazing. We went to bed late as we always did, around midnight. We both fell asleep without any trouble. I found myself awake suddenly after being asleep for maybe 2 or 3 hours (an estimate, I have no actual idea of the time). I had snapped wide awake for reasons unknown to me. I glanced down at my sister on the floor, thinking maybe she had said something or woken me up. She was sleeping peacefully. I lifted my eyes to my doorway and nearly wet myself in horror. Very slowly a figure on all fours was crawling right past my open door.

The figure was hunched forward, head down. Clearly female to me, she was dressed in a white gown that seemed to fade out into a mist and had long straight dark hair that hung over her face so that I couldn't see it. She herself was silvery and pale. She appeared young, definitely no older than me. Alarm bells were going off in my head. I did NOT want her to come into my room and I was silently praying she wouldn't. I was terrified of what would happen if she did. My room was small, you could fit a double bed in it and you'd barely have room to walk in. All that lay between me and 'her' was my sleeping sister.

Much to my relief she crawled past my door, impossibly slow. When her head was about to pass the door frame she stopped crawling. She turned her head slowly and looked straight at me. It was as if she was saying "I know you see me and I see you too." This time I got a little look at her face. Her eyes, if she actually had any, were large black pits. It looked like her eye sockets had sunk right into her skull. They were little more than pools of darkness in her head. Her mouth was closed but I felt she had horrible sharp teeth. She stared at me, still hunched, for no more than a few seconds before continuing crawling past the door out of my view. My father's room was right next to mine. Our doors were next to each other and I'm certain she went into his room. I saw her for all of a minute if that but it felt like hours had gone by while she was there.

The whole time I had been lying in my bed barely breathing and not daring to move for fear of provoking her. Even once she was gone I couldn't get to sleep because I was worried she'd come back. Exhaustion won in the end but in the morning I felt as if I hadn't slept at all. I asked my sister if she'd had a good sleep and she said yes, she didn't wake once in the night. I decided not to tell her what had happened so she wouldn't freak out like I knew she would. I didn't ask my father anything about it because he doesn't like talking about such things. Makes him really uncomfortable and a little fearful I suspect.

The whole thing slipped to the back of my mind as months went by and I didn't see her again. I even started wondering if I had even seen anything at all. Maybe I wasn't fully awake and dreamed her up? Of course once I start doubting these things I always get confirmation that they were real... So as luck would have it, she came back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SpookyEbony, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nurse1992 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Nearly peed my pants when the phone rung while I was reading this.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-07)
I have to ask, are we being drug through another "see how maky chapters I can stretch this" story? Because I fell for it last time. I will not fall for this if it's going down the road of 'The Grudge'. 😠
ghost-luver101 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
ok that story was the creepiest one yet! I hope that never happens to me!😨
❤ ghost-luver101 ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
This account was believable, right up until the cliffhanger at the end. Hm. Kind of like the Little Red Imp epic.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-04)
My goodness, that apparition almost sounds like something out of 'The Ring', or Shutter. What an interesting coincidence.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: