You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Wall Crawler

Real Ghost Stories

Wall Crawler

 

About five years ago I was at my parent's house waiting for my kids to come home from a birthday party. I was sitting in the dining room facing the window, reading from my Kindle, when I caught movement in front of me. I looked up and saw this guy in the yard jump up and climb a 15' (guessing on the height, could be higher) concrete wall that separates our yard from the neighbor's.

I ran out of the house thinking I had an intruder but the guy was nowhere to be seen. I ran out to my neighbor's house to see if I could catch the guy. I practically ran into the neighbor's yard uninvited and saw about 15 people having a cookout. I told them what had happened and they told me they didn't see or hear anyone. I kept insisting that I saw a guy with blue jeans and a white and blue striped t-shirt climb over the wall to their yard. They started searching, mainly just to humor me, but didn't find anyone.

The intruder would have had to cross the yard to get out or climb up to the roof of the house and walk across to the other side. Some of the ladies were inside the house preparing food and they said they didn't hear any footsteps on the roof. I went back to my parent's house feeling confused and embarrassed. When I told my family they all thought I imagined it, I'm 100% sure I did not.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. Adrian (my roommate) was talking on the phone with a friend (Mario) that lives across from us, his house is the one next to the one that is directly across from mine. It was around midnight, Mario had just gotten back from a party and called Adrian when he saw his bedroom light was on. Mario's was standing on the balcony looking over the neighborhood, just chatting away. Anyway, they were in the middle of a conversation when Adrian hears Mario gasp. When asked what was wrong Mario said there was a black shadow in the shape of a man climbing up the wall in my yard. Adrian said he was going to check it out but Mario told him not to, he said it looked creepy because the shadow stopped and was just stuck to the wall like a spider, he said no human can do that.

Of course as soon as Adrian told me I thought about what I had seen before. Not sure if both sightings are related, my guy was solid and I remember the color clothing he wore, Mario's guy was more like a dark shadow or silhouette of a man. I saw my guy in plain day light, Mario saw his around midnight. Then again, how common is it to see "people" crawling up walls.

I also don't know if Mario's sighting has anything to do with the weird stuff going around in my house the last few weeks, I wasn't living in this house at the time I saw my guy so I'm not sure if my parents were experiencing anything at the time. I do know we've always heard and seen things off and on in that house, it goes away on its own and then it starts happening again, nothing too scary. Lately, it has gotten very active, all the clichΓ© hauntings you've heard about, we have.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Haven

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-07)
Hi, Silverknight -

Thanks for the advise, I will be careful.
silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-07)
Hi there Haven. I think that wasn't Spiderman, it was most likely Venon. The arch enemy of Spiderman. 😁 Ok enough joking and time to get serious. What you and your friend saw was black and most circumstances black equates to no good. At least nothing bad has happened to you or your friend from that yet, but it would be safe to put up your guard a little. It might be something evil testing the waters to enter your home.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-13)
LadyGlow - you have me cracking up over here. Now I won't be able to get that song out of my head. Thank you for that 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
"Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can
Spins a web any size, catches thieves just like flies
Look out, here comes the Spiderman"

Haven - I hope he's a guardian and not a creepy crawler.
Keep us posted of your findings.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-12)
Hi Dee -

I saw this person walk across the window in front of me and kind of jump or leap onto the wall, it was almost like he stuck to it, he stood there for maybe two seconds and then just started climbing. I didn't even think about what I was seeing, I got up from where I was sitting and ran out after him, by the time I ran out of the house I couldn't see him any more. Not sure how he "landed" on the other side.

The wall is made of concrete (cement), it is smooth.

Besides paranormal, parkour or freerunning theory is the only possible explanation so I'll keep that in mind. What I saw could be something different than what Mario saw, he swears that what he saw was not human.

Thanks for reading!
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-11)
Haven,

Definitely a strange sighting. Can you elaborate more on how the man was climbing the wall (with both hands and feet, or did he just sort of vault over it, etc)? Did he jump over once reaching the top or did he roll over the top (to climb down the other side)? Are there any places in the wall that one could use to put there foot or hand in to help climb up it?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to picture what happened. I would also consider someone practicing parkour or freerunning (similar to parkour).

😊 Dee
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-11)
BeautInside and Sushantkar - thank you for commenting. It never crossed my mind to think parkour. I'm still not 100% percent convinced though, and it will always nag me. How did the guy get across the neighbor's yard? Besides the wall that separates both properties, there's nothing else he could have climbed. The neighbor's yard was full of people yet no one saw him. If there were anybody around my neighborhood that could do parkour this well, trust me, he would be a legend and I would have heard about him. I have a lot of nosy neighbors that like to communicate and I've never heard of anyone talking about ever seeing anything like this. Yet, this is a valid theory so I will keep it as a possibility.

Take Care!
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-09-11)
Hi Sushantkar,

" I used to think climbing stairs are super human work...", something I can easily understand and relate to! 😁

Once I saw a documentary about parkour, I just thought how is that physically possible? You know, we are just not talking about running and jumping, it's free climbing, even jumping rooftop through rooftop! 😳

I completely understand Haven. You didn't need to be embarassed because you certainly saw someone and truth to be told people who practice parkour can easily disappear in a blink of an eye.

Take care. ❀
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-09-11)
I think I have to agree with BeautInside that what you saw may be a person practicing parkour/freerunning.
God! I used to think climbing stairs are super human work but here people are jumping over a 15-foot wall that easily 😭 😭

Regards
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+3
6 years ago (2018-09-11)
Hi Haven,

I wonder if your experience and Mario's are 2 separate things. The guy you saw reminds me of someone practicing parkour (the sport of running through city streets and jumping between buildings). They are so fast that it's easy to lose track of them, sometimes they can even jump from roof to roof.

It's a very dangerous modality, in my opinion, but I have to admitt that sometimes it looks like they have super powers! 😲

In Mario's case, if he's sure the guy/thing stopped in the middle of the Wall, it does look super-human or non-human. That is not a parkour's ability. Those who practice it are humans, after all.

They might be different things, as I said. Especially if you have other weird things going on. And now I'm looking forward for you to share those experiences. 😁

Thank you for sharing. ❀

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: