Ever since I was a child, I have been obsessed with the unknown, the supernatural, the paranormal or whatever it is that you choose to label it. I always read, researched, and learned as much as I could about paranormal activity. Despite my interest, I have never had an encounter with the unknown until recently.
Here's the back story...
I left my Fall Semester of school to work during the Winter Break. As I was home this past break, I have fallen into a string of unfortunate events, you can say. I lost all three jobs that I held; I currently face a lawsuit for dropping out of an apartment lease, roommate troubles, family, et cetera and so forth. Just everything that can go wrong in December 2010 went wrong. So here I am twenty years old and trying to figure out what in the world I can do to fix my situation and trying to keep composed throughout it.
I like to believe that my terrible luck is what has spurred, this "interaction" with the supernatural. Why? It was soon after my downfall of luck, that I began to sense a presence that was watching me. It was sporadic at first, only when I was alone and trying not to get upset by my turn of events. For example: I will be in my room at home going through work that I wanted to finish before the new semester and plan ahead. While being alone, I would feel icy without provocation - no wind, no one lowered the heat, just a random freezing sensation. At this point in time I could feel the eyes of something watching me, observing me ever so slightly as I try to work. No interactions, just the presence of something greater.
This presence soon picked up from every so often to daily after I moved back to school for the Spring Semester. Yet this became more than just watching. Over the past week, as I waited for a friend to visit (*very important to note - my friend had previous experience with dark magic, he once told me that he attempted to make a trade with some entity to gain the ability to control and manipulate people. This friend of mine has also been brought up in conversations by my friend who a spiritually sensitive. They have all warned me before that he can be dangerous and that I should stay far away from him) the presence increased.
This went from a guardian to more of a "companion," if you will. Such instances consist of...
- Walking alone, in the broad daylight or night, it feels that there is someone next to me and watching out for me.
- Anytime I am in my room alone it feels as if something is watching me and in relatively close distance (sense of coolness has sparked).
- When I go to bed, I feel like I am sleeping next to someone. There have been several points during the night were I can feel someone next to me without someone being there. I can trace the cold points across my back as if someone is cuddling me in the middle of the night.
- There have been interactions that it has made with my roommate. The entity seems to be picking up on the playful jokes that my roommate and I play. Example: When my roommate unlocks the door to enter, I will allow her to enter it, but apply force to the door to mess with her. A few days ago I was not in my dorm and something was doing that to her, as if I was the one to fool around with her.
- Eerie noises in the proximity of the room without anything happening (footsteps, ruffling, et cetera).
Perhaps, "companion" was not the term to use, but it is the best way I can describe it. I feel less lonely when the entity is around. I am able to clear my head and not worry. There have been no evil images or bad thoughts that have crossed my mind, only the fear of the visiting friend.
This weekend when he came into town, things seemed off. He felt as if he was outside of his own body, but maybe I have never picked up on this before. Whenever he was around, it felt as if this guardian shielded me from getting too close to him. It felt as if my friend, or thought to be friend, was going to do something evil. From this weekend, I had only felt paranoia towards the behaviours of my friend. I was always questioning why he was doing something (mainly following me everywhere) and what is making him do this. No matter how comfortable I became, it felt like my protector was constantly pushing me further from my friend.
I am not certain how to interpret any of this, seeing that I have no past experience with a supernatural entity - only the things I have read. Is it possible for me to have a spirit protector? Is this normal to feel their presence? Can it be possible that the presence of the entity was only to be felt because of my "troubles" or because of my, possible dark, friend or a combination of both? What else could be happening to me?