You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirit Friend Or Foe?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Friend Or Foe?

 

Ever since I was a child, I have been obsessed with the unknown, the supernatural, the paranormal or whatever it is that you choose to label it. I always read, researched, and learned as much as I could about paranormal activity. Despite my interest, I have never had an encounter with the unknown until recently.

Here's the back story...

I left my Fall Semester of school to work during the Winter Break. As I was home this past break, I have fallen into a string of unfortunate events, you can say. I lost all three jobs that I held; I currently face a lawsuit for dropping out of an apartment lease, roommate troubles, family, et cetera and so forth. Just everything that can go wrong in December 2010 went wrong. So here I am twenty years old and trying to figure out what in the world I can do to fix my situation and trying to keep composed throughout it.

I like to believe that my terrible luck is what has spurred, this "interaction" with the supernatural. Why? It was soon after my downfall of luck, that I began to sense a presence that was watching me. It was sporadic at first, only when I was alone and trying not to get upset by my turn of events. For example: I will be in my room at home going through work that I wanted to finish before the new semester and plan ahead. While being alone, I would feel icy without provocation - no wind, no one lowered the heat, just a random freezing sensation. At this point in time I could feel the eyes of something watching me, observing me ever so slightly as I try to work. No interactions, just the presence of something greater.

This presence soon picked up from every so often to daily after I moved back to school for the Spring Semester. Yet this became more than just watching. Over the past week, as I waited for a friend to visit (*very important to note - my friend had previous experience with dark magic, he once told me that he attempted to make a trade with some entity to gain the ability to control and manipulate people. This friend of mine has also been brought up in conversations by my friend who a spiritually sensitive. They have all warned me before that he can be dangerous and that I should stay far away from him) the presence increased.

This went from a guardian to more of a "companion," if you will. Such instances consist of...

- Walking alone, in the broad daylight or night, it feels that there is someone next to me and watching out for me.

- Anytime I am in my room alone it feels as if something is watching me and in relatively close distance (sense of coolness has sparked).

- When I go to bed, I feel like I am sleeping next to someone. There have been several points during the night were I can feel someone next to me without someone being there. I can trace the cold points across my back as if someone is cuddling me in the middle of the night.

- There have been interactions that it has made with my roommate. The entity seems to be picking up on the playful jokes that my roommate and I play. Example: When my roommate unlocks the door to enter, I will allow her to enter it, but apply force to the door to mess with her. A few days ago I was not in my dorm and something was doing that to her, as if I was the one to fool around with her.

- Eerie noises in the proximity of the room without anything happening (footsteps, ruffling, et cetera).

Perhaps, "companion" was not the term to use, but it is the best way I can describe it. I feel less lonely when the entity is around. I am able to clear my head and not worry. There have been no evil images or bad thoughts that have crossed my mind, only the fear of the visiting friend.

This weekend when he came into town, things seemed off. He felt as if he was outside of his own body, but maybe I have never picked up on this before. Whenever he was around, it felt as if this guardian shielded me from getting too close to him. It felt as if my friend, or thought to be friend, was going to do something evil. From this weekend, I had only felt paranoia towards the behaviours of my friend. I was always questioning why he was doing something (mainly following me everywhere) and what is making him do this. No matter how comfortable I became, it felt like my protector was constantly pushing me further from my friend.

I am not certain how to interpret any of this, seeing that I have no past experience with a supernatural entity - only the things I have read. Is it possible for me to have a spirit protector? Is this normal to feel their presence? Can it be possible that the presence of the entity was only to be felt because of my "troubles" or because of my, possible dark, friend or a combination of both? What else could be happening to me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, everlastingwhim, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Everlastingwhim,
The feeling of paranoia that you got from your "friend" visiting over the weekend? And the way you felt that your "guardian" was trying to shield you from this person? I'm having a hard time finding a question that you haven't already answered for yourself.
The only thing that bothers me is that no matter who told you, or how many times they told you about this person's proclivities to the darker side of the paranormal realm, you just charged ahead and made plans for the weekend visit. I didn't read where you say at any time that you felt you may have made a mistake ignoring the advice of those other friends, you know, the ones who have gone out of their way to urge you to take care in your dealings with this unfortunate person. What kind of advice do you expect to recieve after telling everyone how you've blatantly ignored the advice given to you already? 😕 I don't get it. What could anyone say that would do any good, you don't listen anyway. Sorry, but why are you here asking for something you'll never use?
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
It is quite possible you have a spirit protector. Though I would not trust it entirely just yet. Whatever it may be, it's for sure attached to you. Also, I agree with scrapmetalkitten, stay away from the friend you feel uncomfortable around. Talk to your other friend who you say is spiritually sensitive, they may be able to help or know someone who can help you directly. Good luck!
butthead (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
perhaps this presence you feel is someone protecting you, it would make sense at such a time in your life when too many occourances are not going well for you in the space of some time.
It has been known too though that dark enteties will attach themselves to the seemingly vulnerable, though while some might say you are vulnerable, I don't think that is the vibe you give off. You sound like you are coping well, and I highly admire that in you.

Pushing you away from this person who has as you say, attempted to make interact with bad entities suggest's that even further, in my opinion.

If it were something bad, then it wanting you to be pushed away from this "friend" you speak of would only suggest I think, that the friend can help you remove it's attraction towards you (which it would not want).

With all due respect, I wouldn't be suprised if it was a family member watching over you or a very close friend who had passed, and trying to comfort you through a bad period in your life. That is not uncommon.

Yet this is only my opinion and please don't assume that the entity has complete good intentions. It's just the feeling I get from the story of which you wrote.

Though my answer to the title/question = friend. Though I will ask that you don't assume this through my words, as the darker enteties can be very cunning indeed.

I would suggest that, if you want to learn more, that you could seek the help of credited mediums/pshycic's, and see what they have to say about you (it would help not mentioning what you have wrote here, and perhaps visit more than one)

They may enlighten you as to something being around you and possibly reassure you of it being someone protecting you. It's at least a safer way to understand the intentions of the spirit, than it would be to communicate with it directly. As evil spirits will take communication as a form of acceptance to its presence, thus giving it a further grip on who'm it is attached to.
But as the other comment suggests I think, your gut is very powerful indeed, and can often sense the nature of evil and good.



Thanks for sharing.

❤ 😊
secrets (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
okay first off stay away from black magic or anyone who has used it yeah its fun to mess around with stuff like that but you lose something inside you and gain a more powerfull evil thing and this companion is I think trying to keep you safe from your friend that's what I think
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
I would stay away from the friend you feel uncomfortable around. If you have a gut feeling about something, then listen to it! Everyone has times in life where everything seems to go wrong that can possibly go wrong, but remember to hang in there because it does get better. It sounds like you do have some entity attached to you. If it doesn't bother you now than I wouldn't worry about it. I have had many ghostly encounters over the years, and have also had some spirits that seem to follow me around for a while. Usually they'll leave on their own as mysteriously as they came. However, there were a few negative entities I had to force to leave, but most spirits seem benign or ambivalent in my experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: