You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Things That Haunt Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Things That Haunt Me

 

I've had various supernatural experiences my entire life, but for the purpose of this post, I've chosen to write about the most recent. Before I begin, I'd just like to say that I've read many of the posts on this site, and feel that my own experiences are somewhat benign (but no less disturbing) than most of those I have read. I want you all to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I think that is only fair that after reading so many of your posts, I should post something of my own. I really wanted to state the facts here. I will not play the role of Dickensian wordsmith and spin you a riveting yarn. Just the facts.

Things began when I went through a particularly messy divorce. I moved into a family owned house due to my financial situation. It's a good deal for me; cost of living in insanely high in Hawaii, and the rent is reasonable. The problems started to arise as soon as I moved in.

One day, the first week after moving in, I was dancing about the apartment, singing a Billy Idol tune when a disembodied voice in the kitchen told me "Shhh. Quite _______. The people-" the rest of the message was lost on me as I had a DVD playing in the living room. At first I thought it was the DVD. I ran in the living room and rewound it to see if there was any dialogue matching what I heard and there was none. I immediately knew something was not right in this place.

The next incident occurred perhaps a week later. I was outside one night talking on the phone when suddenly I heard a harsh breath in my ear. I ran back down to the lighted area of the yard. Two or three days later, I hear the same breath in my kitchen. Raspy and long, it feels threatening, as if it was meant to scare me.

After that, things started happening in my bedroom. These events would always occur while I was lying in bed, half awake, never asleep. I have had the covers on my bed pulled. The mattress has been kicked several times in the vicinity of my head. I've been poked in private places. I heard a dog growling right next to my bed. These things occur at night and during the day.

The most disturbing things are the voices. Whatever this thing is, it can mimic my mother and my aunties. At night, I can sometimes hear my auntie's and my mom speaking my name.

I've also seen things as well. Shadows out of the corner of my eye ducking away or fleeting in the night and day. I see "impressions" of spirits in my room all the time (I've always been able to see spirits or feel when spirits were about). I've seen a dark haired lady standing in my hallway and a "blue" man approaching me only to disappear. These apparitions appeared quickly, so I was unable to make out any features.

I can hear knocking sounds coming from the vicinity of the kitchen at all times of the day, even as I am writing this.

We finally called a man who is said to be spiritually powerful. During our phone conversation, the phone was garbled with static, and he told me that it was an entity that didn't want him talking to me. He said he sensed through the phone that there were many burials up here (I guess from the time of the ancient Hawaiians). He told me to buy some frankincense oil so he could do a blessing. He blessed the oil over the phone and had me anoint myself with it. He said a prayer and said things should be alright.

One night later, it was around midnight; I was outside smoking a cigarette. Now, I live on a mountain and it gets very dark and creepy here at night. As I was smoking, something from the shadows called my name. The thing was it sounded just like my mom. I ran back inside and bolted the door. Silly, I know, but I was told the next day that things might actually get worse after the blessing.

And now there is a strange whooshing sound that seems to follow me. I don't know how else to describe it. I've heard it twice now, and I'm convinced it's connected to these occurrences.

I don't know what the future holds. I still get an uneasy feeling here. I want to feel comfortable in my own house, especially as, for the time being, I have nowhere else to go.

Thanks for reading. I anyone knows anything that can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by iwanttobelieve808

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iwanttobelieve808, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PyroGirl (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
Have you tried conversing with it? If you haven't, I would try. I've done it before, and I have made friends, one or two enemies, (But that's a different story) and have gotten information on historical moments. I've gotten several A's and F's because the textbooks are always wrong. Conversing is good if you would like to know how it died. I really hope this helps! 😁 ❤
totpokin (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
I think you should confront the ghost, maybe you should try to talk to it to let it know that you know it's there. If it talks back, try to find out why it's there. This ghost doesn't seem like it will harm you, just don't harm the ghost. Good luck and I hope you get out of this mess.
iwanttobelieve808 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
Thanks for the comments guys. The house was built in the late 50s by my great grandmother. Apparently, it was built on an old Hawaiian trail. This trail was used by Ancient Hawaiian's on their way to a temple. The Night Marcher's, or spirits of the ancestral dead, still walk this trail (I'll write a story about my first encounter later).
I think I do have to get in touch with that gentleman again, and soon. I don't know what will happen next.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
I don't think your experiences are any less disturbing than anyone else's. In fact, I find them quite creepy. Especially the voices that sound like your mom calling your name. Gives me the shivers... 😨 Is there any way the person you spoke to on the phone can come over and do a proper blessing? I hope you find the help you need soon. Keep us posted.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Firstly, scrapmetalkitten has a very good idea about a traditional Hawaiian ritual. The spirits would probably be more responsive to a ritual they can understand.
It really does sound like someone is trying to chase you out. How long has your family owned this property? Has anyone else had experiences there? I'm wondering if it could be previous owners unwilling to see their home inhabited by someone else.
Keep us informed of what's going on there.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
I might try a cleansing ritual specifically from native Hawaiian tradition if you believe it might be a burial place. Those events sound scary to me, and it seems like something is determined to chase you out. But...why?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: