You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Creepy Wailing Woman

Real Ghost Stories

A Creepy Wailing Woman

 

It has been a while since I last posted a story. Work has been hectic but at least I've 'earned' a few experiences to share.

This particular one happened fairly recently, around June 2010, when my husband and I had our master's bedroom repainted. Because of the strong odour from the paint, my husband and I decided to sleep in the guest room which was right next to our dining area. After reading a book and exchanging stories for a bit, we were both asleep. Around half past two, I felt aware of my surroundings and I started hearing a woman's voice. I then opened my eyes and listened in, trying to make out what she was saying. I can't say exactly if she was singing a melancholy tune or if she was crying. Worse of all, her voice sounded ethereal that I immediately knew she wasn't of this world anymore. One minute she'd sound nearby and another minute, her voice would suddenly sound distant. It even came to a point that she sounded like she was right outside my bedroom window. The thing is we live on the 4th floor! I decided not to tell my husband about it because I knew he'd probably think I was nuts. Days later, after having convinced myself that I probably dreamt about her, I heard her again.

I was having lunch with my hubby and dad-in-law when I suddenly heard the same ethereal wail-singing. I was creeped out but I chose to keep quiet about it. After lunch, I couldn't take it anymore! I went straight to the kitchen to ask our maid if she was hearing what I was hearing. To my surprise she said: "Alin po? Yung babaeng kumakanta na parang umiiyak? Opo ate, naririnig ko sya gabi gabi." (Do you mean the woman who sounds like she's singing or crying? Yes mam, I hear her every night.) My jaws almost dropped. At the same time, I was also happy to realize that what I was hearing was real! (Considering the fact that I only asked her if she was hearing anything strange yet she described what I was hearing accurately!) She then went on to tell me how the woman's voice would sometimes sound like its right outside her bedroom door! She even told me how she'd deliberately play praise songs on her CD player in an attempt to keep herself safe and at around 2 or 3 in the morning, she'd find the CD player unplugged!

We have no idea who she could be or what she needs, but I think she needs help. I've also tried burning incense in every room of the house but it only seemed to keep her away for a few days. One other strange fact about the whole experience is that I never hear her when I'm at the master's bedroom, which is only a few feet away!

Any thoughts?

Other hauntings by Fuchsia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fuchsia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

momoisapanda (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-04)
Could she be really needing help? Because if she is, why would she unplug your maid's CD player, which was playing praise songs? Those songs should be able to help her be at peace.
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
Thanks for all the comments! I haven't posted in a while. I have never heard her again after the last time. Since that time, I heard various stories about the history of the place. Some say that before the condominium building was constructed, there had been a brothel there. I don't know what happened to the brothel or the women who worked there, but I have a feeling that the woman I heard may have been related to the old brothel.
coverboy9001 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
TO RLA15-my albulario (like Shaman) grandpa told us that once you hear singing like that outside your house (at that sleeping hours at night), never try to look outside because you will loose your mind, it's like you will going to be crazy if you see what's outside...
coverboy9001 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
it also happened to me. Actually with my friends, we heard a woman singing a lullaby and the voice is coming, like it is in front of us... We run as fast as we can
BitterSweetMissy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Yes. Prayers really can help. I'm glad to know that she's in peace now.
aQua05 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
She really needs help. Try to communicate with her? If you are brave enough, then why not. But if you hesitate or not too sure what to do try to ask a priest, or something like that. They do listen and believe in spirits. So they might can help you. 😐
RLA15 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-11)
Hello Fuscia. I just read your story and I have the same experience when I was in my third year of highschool. This is what happen. My house was newly renovated and I got a bigger room. At exactly 2:00 am I hear a woman singing while crying. Like she was singing a llulaby only she was unhappy to do it. I hear it comming out of my window but I don't want to look outside. It went on for a few months and my mom started to notice the dark shadows in my eyes because I couldn't get enough sleep so I told her what is happening. She said I got it from reading too much Harry Potter because J.K. Rowling mentioned "Banshee" in second and third book. I told my friends too and they said maybe we need house blessing. I ask my dad but he said its not a new house and I'm just making an excuse to have a party. Anyway, it get into the point that I was more irritated with this crying sound that one night while I was reviewing for my midterm tests, I plucked the courage to open my window and yelled at the owner of the voice. I Ithink I scared her off because I never heard it ever since.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
I'm loving these stories from the Phillipines. I feel bad for your spirit if she's crying. I hope she's not stuck in constant saddness. 😢 Have you ever tried singing with her? (just any old song?)
Francis700ClubResearcher (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Can I get your contact number? I'm interested to know more about your story...
shinobi_girl07 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
prayers will still be a good thing to do. Pray that this woman may rest in peace. As long as it doesn't do any harm. But better pray for her soul. Maybe, that's all she needs. Keep safe. 😊
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
[at] aquatica7: Prayers CAN and DO move mountains! I actually prayed for her soul, so she may find peace in the arms of the Lord Jesus!:) I haven't heard her wailing since...:) Thanks for comment! GOD bless you! ❤
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
[at] kamui: Hmmm... I haven't really tried to contact her because the mere wailing is already freaking me out!:) I mean come on, would you try to? I know I wouldn't! Hahaha... Seriously though, I only prayed for her, that she may find peace in the afterlife. Thanks for the comment!:) Blessed be! ❤
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
[at] kazenichi: Thanks for the comment!:) My first instinct would be to see if the maid was playing mind tricks on me. The thing is, my only question to her (to validate whether I was the only one hearing the wailing) was if she was hearing something, without giving particular details. And my jaws almost dropped when she described exactly what I was hearing! A woman who was either singing or wailing! Weird huh?
kazenichi (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
I know that this comment is way past the deadline but I've read something related to an Irish folklore as well as history about what they call a banshee which is a spirit of a wailing woman that signifies an omen of death or misfortune. But I hope it isn't anything like that and I hope you find the cause of the wailing. Maybe your maid is just playing tricks on you... 😆
kamui (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
have you tried contacting this " wailing woman" I have heard a wailing woman before at it freaked me out... Just we could know somehow if this was residual haunting or an intelligent one...
aquatica7 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-03)
I know something that will get rid of her. When you hear her wail again you must say in a commanding voice "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ". After saying this you MUST believe that Jesus will take care of the situation and he will. This had worked for me in two different situations. God Bless
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
It could be attatched to the land, but you said it was on the 4th floor that all this was happening so I'm inclined to believe something brought into the house is the cause. It may not be apparent, but I'd almost bet anything on that. Like I said, it could be a piece of furnature aquired from a friend/relative, a piece of jewlery, a CD player, an article of clothes from an ancester... Anything really.

This woman may have something to say or some unfinished business in this world which would explain why she's still around. Your only options (as I see them) would be talk to her directly to find out what she has to say, follow your personal beliefs on a ritual of sending, attempt to cleanse the house, or ignore her in hopes she might give up. There are more options, but these would be what I'd consider myself.
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
[at] SmokeyKnight: Not really, most of the things we placed in our house are newly built items. Could it be attached to the land? The building though is fairly new, about 12 years old. Plus, she has, at one point came very close to our maid's sleeping quarters. The maid said the wailing woman sounded like she was right outside the door. She has turned off her CD player (she played praise songs to keep her from getting scared) and unplugged the maid's electric fan. She obviously wants attention, doesn't she?
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Many Wiccans greet and bid farewell to one another will "Blessed be". Lol.

Have you or your husband recently purchased something "old" or you're unsure of it's origins? The spirit (or whatever name you want to call it) may be attatched to a specific item in the house. So cleansing the whole place may not help you if it's a specific item being haunted. It may be something like a dresser, or something small like earrings. Then again, it could be something that attatched itself to you or your family because someone is a sensitive and that spirit feels the need to be noticed.
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
[at] 510mot: As far as I know, as of yet, only me and my maid have heard it. My previous maid has heard her too but chose to ignore her. My husband and father in law are totally oblivious to it! And like I said, I never hear her when I'm at the living room area or the master's bedroom. Also, I can't make out what she's saying (don't know if she's speaking in tagalog or other local dialect from my country). She just seems to be wailing or 'humming" an unfamiliar tune. Creepy huh?
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
[at] SmokeyKnight: Hi there! Is "Blessed be" a Wiccan greeting? (wow, learned something new today!) I just used it because it sounds calming and peaceful to bestow blessings...:) Hmmm, it's a good thing you told me about that automatic writing...I'm too terrified to try it anyways heehee! Any idea what she could possibly want?
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
[at] Mab_Sith_Lord: She sure was musical! But it wasn't one to hear again and again, that's for sure! LOL We had our condo unit blest by a priest that's why it baffled me to hear something like that. I've always felt like I'm being watched and even heard phantom footsteps (like the wood tile cracking or something) but always thought it was all in my head too! 😊
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
Be careful with automatic writing, you're opening yourself up to who and whatever it is.

By your signing of your last comment Fuchsia, I'd guess you're Wiccan (or at least some denomination of Pagan)? If so I might have a few ideas for you to try.
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
[at] ClaudiaLove & redphx: Thanks for the comments! It was actually unnerving to hear it! At first, I thought it was a passing firetruck but realized it wasn't when I listened in. Peace & love to both of you! ❤
Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-10)
[at] Melimee: Honestly, I'm terrified at the thought of talking to her! (heehee, call me chicken)... The building is fairly new, about 12 years old and never heard of a murder happening in it or even close to it. My dad even told me to try automatic writing (talk to her and leave a pen and paper on the table, see what she has to say). Thanks for the tip! Blessed be! ❤
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-09)
I am curious as to how long your maid had been hearing the singing? Did it sound to her like a familiar dialect? Do the men ever hear it or does it only manifest around women?
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Sounds like a musical ghost to me! Lol! Seriously though, what you are hearing is NOT of this world. It IS a spirit, of what kind I do not know, whether benevolent or malevolent. As a child I too used to hear music coming from our living room at around 2.30 - 3.00 in the morning, the 'witching hour'.

I would hear music from our toy piano. I once asked my mum about it she too said she heard it aswell! Spooky huh?

I would try and find out the history of the place. And if this is affecting you, then see a learned scholar or psychic. They should be able to help. But only go to someone who you know to be a genuine helper not a charlatan.

Cheers.

PS, try getting your house blessed by your priest or whoever is your spiritual advisor in your faith. Incense is not the answer trust me.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
that would piss me off! I don't like to be woken up. I would tell her to shut up and go away.
ClaudiaLove (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
A similar thing has happened to me! Around a week or two before christmas I was sleeping over my friend Bailey's house and around 8 AM I woke up to the sound of christmas music being sung, in a male voice! At first I was annoyed because I hate christmas music and I though Bailey's dad was just being annoying. So I just tried to ignore it and we went back to sleep but when I woke up a few hours later I realized her dad leaves for work at about 6 AM and she only lives with her dad. So we were alone after 6 AM. At first it sounded like it was outside her door, then right outside her bedroom window!
Thank you for posting this, it gives me reassurance that it wasn't just all in my head.
😊 ❤
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
Maybe you could try and communicate with her? Ask her why she is here, and why she is singing/crying, and offer her help? Could be worth a try, good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: