You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something Messing With Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Something Messing With Me?

 

I recently moved into a new apartment on February 1, 2011. It is a newly renovated apartment complex, and it seems to be a popular place for college students to live, me included. It is a nice, comfortable place to live very homie and vibrant with greenery. I moved in with my boyfriend, and am allowing my friend and former roommate to stay with us until she graduates.

When I was moving from my previous apartment, my roommate and I shared a box filled with both of our clothes. She quickly unpacked her items and transferred my clothing into two smaller boxes, which she then placed in my room on the floor against the wall. I was aware of the boxes, but I didn't have time to unpack them right away, with school and work being my first priority. A few days later, I found sitting right on top of one of my boxes something that had been missing for about a month.

I had thought I had gotten a job which I was later refused because my boyfriend worked there. I had come in with my valid driver's license, my social security card, and a void check for the owner to scan for my almost job. Afterwards, my boyfriend and I left together, and I neatly folded everything together and placed it in my wallet. So I thought. We went straight to his place and within the short car ride, my important documents were missing. I didn't sweat it, assuming it fell in my car. But after a thorough cleaning, since the car was due back, my important information was nowhere to be found. Not in the car, my boyfriend's room, and defiantly not in my old apartment.

When I saw my things on top of the box just as I folded it, my assumption was that my boyfriend, or friend found it and placed it there, but none of them even knew it had been missing, nevertheless placed it where I found it.

A few days later, I went to make my meal supplement shake for lunch, and was shocked to find the lid missing from the blender when it was placed tightly onto before I had left for school. Every time I seem to speak about what happened, I get terrible phone interruptions, even with full phone reception. It tends to only be my phone as well. Even my boyfriend's old Nokia sounds better than my new windows smart phone.

A few weeks go by with nothing new, so naturally I brushed the activity off of my shoulder until today, March 14, 2011.

While getting ready in my bathroom, I started to hear some tapping. Unsure of what was causing it or where it came from I ignored the sound. Once I was done with what I was doing, I realized the tapping was coming from the top right corner of my closet door. Thinking it was shaking, I placed my hand on the door to make it stopped, but it continued. I finally opened the door to see if the air vent was facing the door. The tapping stopped, and the vent was facing the back of the closet, nowhere near the door. I then proceeded to close the door as it was, but no more tapping keeping in mind that there is nothing above me to cause rattling.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GaliDanielle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

earthalien (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
Hi Gali,

I've had something similar happen to me many years ago. I had lost a necklace and found it two weeks later, neatly placed IN a pile of clothes that I personally had washed and folded. There was no logical explanation for this. Before everyone else launches into "maybe it was this, that or anything but paranormal", please don't bother. I already asked all those questions years ago when it happened. Nobody around knew anything about a necklace, and I was the only person in contact with those clothes.

It was a one-off, weird, unexplained thing. Though I left the house either that day or the next, it's my parents' house and I've spent a lot of time there over the years, with no other strange occurrences.

I hope your other experiences become explained in time, maybe with a bit more investigation? The people here do genuinely want to help, but I think a lot of them are very guarded in what they're willing to believe. And if they've convinced themselves that you're false or just plain stupid, it can get quite vicious. But if the activity in your apartment becomes increasingly undeniable, I hope you don't hesitate to come back and ask for help, even if half the comments people don't believe you. Just ignore them, it's not your job to prove anything to them.
GaliDanielle (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Im not sitting here trying to make things up. The only reason I made an effort to write something is simply because I feel that it was something unnatural. I never labeled it. I wasn't looking for ridicule. Just seeing if there was a possibility of it being something other then my mind playing tricks on me.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
It seems that the activity could be paranormal. A spirit interfering with supposedly better technology. Spirit will play tricks on you, but I honestly don't know if they would follow you and steal your paperwork and then return it in your place. Usually spirits are connected with a house, but possibly this spirit is connected to you. Good luck.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Ok, all that aside... I still don't get how anything you've described makes the experience a paranormal one. You've got a lid from a blender that somehow popped up and off said blender. That could simply be atmospheric. Closet door? You've got an air vent inside the closet, it doesn't matter which direction the vent is pointing in a closet. Try blowing into a paper cup, same thing. Your papers? You misplaced them, they were found, you got lucky. That's all. No mystery here, sorry.
GaliDanielle (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
I was actually living with my boyfriend for the last few months of my lease. I kept some clothes over at his place, and the rest of my clothes were things I barely ever wore. I honestly never really needed my ID, unless cops were involved, which never really happened.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Gali,
Are there any clothes of yours that your roommate is not supposed to wear?
I find it a bit curious that you spent the day with your boyfriend and lived with your roommate at the time that your items went missing but never mentioned to them that you had lost these items. Then you and your roomamate packed up all of your belongings and you never mentioned, "Oh, by the way... If you see my extrememly important personal paperwork, let me know."
It has been a few years, but it seems to me that I recall photo ID's being pretty important to college students. Seems like you would have needed that at some point and would have enlisted the two people you are closest with to help you find it.
As for my first question: Your roommate wore your favorite jeans and found your paperwork in the pocket.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: