You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unseen Weekend Guests

Real Ghost Stories

Unseen Weekend Guests

 

About twenty years ago, I lived in an old apartment building in downtown Lorain; much of the time, I was the only tenant. Over the four years that I lived there, dozens of unusual occurrences happened to me and others... This is but one.

On a summer Friday night, I was sitting in my apartment, waiting for my friend, Dave and his wife, Buddi, to arrive; they often came down to spend the night or the weekend with me. It was about eight-thirty, just starting to get dark.

My three room apartment was at the very front of the upstairs, the first floor taken up by a TV repair shop, closed for over a year. There was a staircase in the front, a single room, and then my apartment across the hall. There was another three room apartment across the long hall from mine, two bathrooms opposite that, then another single room near the rear door. The rear door itself had an old-fashioned candy store bell over it, which I could hear from my place.

I was sitting there, reading, when I heard the rear door open, the bell jingling, two sets of footsteps, and the voices of a man and a woman coming down the hall toward my door. Figuring it to be Dave and Buddi, I called out a greeting, set down my book, crossed the living room, and opened the door. When I looked down the hall, there was nothing to be seen; the door was closed, and not a living soul in sight.

My friends arrived about a half-hour later, for real.

Other hauntings by alandhopewell

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alandhopewell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
There were a number of incidents involving sounds there, a couple where voices of people present were mimicked precisely.

A side note to this and other stories dealing with this location... The building itself dated to the late Twenties; Lorain experienced a severe tornado in '24. Prior to the place being built, there had been a house on that site... In 1918, the house was used as a temporary morgue during the Flu Epidemic.
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Yes, very interesting. I've had a similar experience but I'm still not sure if it really happened, if you know what I mean. Thanks for the story.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
Thank you dreamer, haha... (Sorry for hijacking your page, alandhopewell!)
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
hi alandhopewell broken record time lol definatly a replay haunting, with the appartment building being old it is not surprising there was this happening.
Great post and a interesting experiance to have too.
Carl
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
I agree with Deviousangel By the way I like that Name... Its might be the Resident Haunted kind of like Film Replaying when you want to watch again just the thought to explain.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
This sounds like it could have been a residual haunting; likely a replay of common events in your home, since you mentioned these two came over frequently. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: