You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ghost Messing With My Alarm Clock?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Messing With My Alarm Clock?

 

This happened to me recently, so about 1 week ago. I was sitting in my room writing a song (I sing). There was no noise at all, suddenly I hear a meow. Oh phew I think to myself, just the cat outside. Okay, so I sit back down in my room trying to think of the next verse to write.

Suddenly my alarm clock goes off. My alarm clock is the type that you can record your own messages to wake you up. As in, if I record me saying this: "Time to wake up sunshine," it would wake me up saying that exact thing in the morning (depending what time I set it for).

So anyway, I had recorded my alarm for 6:30 in the morning. My alarm noise was time to get up. Just before it went off I felt a chill go right past me THEN it went off. Now usually it repeats until you hit the snooze button, but this time it just went off once. As I was so scared I ran into the kitchen to my mum and I told her what had happened. My mum has experienced many ghost and spirit encounters (which I will tell you about in other stories) so she said to "ignore it and if it keeps happening just tell the ghost, out loud, that you don't like it and want it to stop".

So I went back to my room. I have a guitar in my room that is leaning on the wall with to things next to it to stop it from falling over. The only way for it to fall over would be for someone to push it over, which means it would fall forward. I was almost finished my song, when my guitar fell forward.

I was getting annoyed with the ghost. I left it alone though, thinking that if things start to get worse to try and tell it off. Nothing happened.

After dinner I went to brush my teeth and then I went to bed. I was about 20 seconds off from falling asleep when another chill went past me. I heard the alarm button being pressed but it didn't go off. I then re-heard the button being pushed and my alarm went off. But my alarm didn't go off as I had recorded it, it went off as "gnaw gnaw gnaw."

I decided that things weren't that bad compared to other things so I left it alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Starshipz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

daviddugger25 (1 posts)
 
1 year ago (2022-10-31)
I woke up this morning and my alarm clock was behind exactly one hour than my other clocks. For the last couple days, I have been dreaming about my dead friends. This really freaked me out. I have been trying to find an answer for this but have come up with nothing.
Starshipz (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
There have been other things that have happened, thinking the ghost wants to get my attention to tell me something? I finished my song but all it is about a guy that died and left the girl and his footsteps are still in her heart.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Starshipz,

Have you completed the song you were writing? And have there been any further occurrences since you posted this account?

Jav
Starshipz (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Well one bit of my song I sang: he left mee, but the footsteps are still in my heart.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
If it were not for the second time the alarm clock went up, I wouldn't have believed the story. The pressing of the button is quite interesting. The guitar part, well, probably, the spirit wanted to remind you of something, perhaps to the song you have been writing or the music you wanted to compose.

Nice story. Keep sharing your further experiences.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
That 'gnaw gnaw gnaw' part was funny, because at first I thought this spirit recorded the 'gnaw gnaw gnaw' sound. I tried hard to hold that laugh in, because i'm at school. I enjoyed the story, and thank you for sharing.

JS aka Brandon 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Think about the song you were writing. Perhaps you struck a chord (no pun intended) with something from the spirits life in the words you were writing?

Jav
AelouaOfTheClouds (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
I told my mom about this. She told me about one of the last houses we lived in, where we heard footsteps on the staires, whispering in the hall, but mostly the alarm clocks. They were always set to 6:30 am, so we could get up for school. The alarms would sometimes go off when the power went off, then came back on. But on the 14th of every month, the alarms would go off at 5:47pm. Every 14th at 5:47pm.

This sort of thing is pretty common... Or so I've read.

The ghost does not seem hostile to me, just likes your music, I suppose.

Best of Luck to You, Starshipz.

~Aeloua~
Starshipz (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Rook- in the case of the alarm clock my alarm was very aloud so I could hear it properly though it is a thought. And with the guitar I think you are right, but I'm not sure. The alarm noise "it" did for me was very scary and uncomfortable though. Hmm I wonder what's going on.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Starshipz,

I have found that most of the time the the obvious answer is the correct answer... So in the 'case' of your guitar the spirit liked music... Your music... And simply wanted to hear more.

In the case of the Alarm Clock... Perhaps the spirit was worried that your chosen 'alarm sound' would not wake you, so it changed it to something 'it' thought would.

Respectfully,

Rook
Starshipz (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Kryodrache- maybe it wad trying to show appreciation or trying to help me with my song! I'll try and think that though I don't know why it made the gnaw gnaw sound.

Love starshipz
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
It's so creepy, all the little tiny things a ghost can do to get your attention. The 'gnaw gnaw gnaw' sounds (the way I mentally recall it, anyway) a lot like an old alarm clock I had... That thing scared the heck outta me every day for a year until I finally got a different one. Hate that sound.

I wonder why it pushed over your guitar. Maybe it wanted to help with your song, or show it's appreciation! 😜
Starshipz (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Rook- don't worry! I wasn't taking it as offense as it was just a question. I'm sorry if the way I wrote if it made you feel that I'm upset. LOL I love questions as they are fun to answer!

❤ Starshipz
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Starshipz,

No offence meant, it just struck me as odd the way you worded it. Looking forward to your other submissions.

Respectfully,

Rook
Starshipz (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
Rook- I was about 20 seconds off from falling asleep as in I was feeling really sleepy and that my eyes wouldn't open as I was tired. 20 seconds off like as probably 20 seconds off. And I said ABOUT 20 seconds off which I probably was. Thanks for the question though. I will be writing more stories soon and thanks for reading.

❤ Starshipz
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
UMMMmmmm? All due respect but I have a question...

How did you know you were?

"I was about 20 seconds off from falling asleep..."

Just curious.

Respectfully,

Rook
Reza84 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-27)
hearing the buttons being pressed would be a pretty creepy experience. I was going to suggest human error or faulty electronics before I read that.
TessaTeddyBear (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
i agree with west coast prince that part scared the sh out of me 😲
WestCoastPrince (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
That's crazy! I got the chills at the "gnaw gnaw gnaw" part. Good story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: