You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Gotta Get Out

Real Ghost Stories

Gotta Get Out

 

SO I was having a shower this morning, as you do, and I was wide awake; and I saw the door open. When doors open it doesn't normally bother me all that much, because it's Nate coming or going somewhere; but this was different. The bathroom door was LOCKED and it's a hard wooden door that SLIDES; but only if you use enough force. Nobody was awake at the time, so I quickly left the shower running and wrapped myself in a towel, and I went off to investigate. I went to everybody's room and nothing was out of place; my family were all there and accounted for.

Confused, I made my way back to the bathroom and got into the shower again, closing the door; but I didn't lock it for a second time. It took me a while to notice the writing on the glass in a spidery hand. "RUN" I freaked out and asked why, but there was no reply. See, I normally listen to Nate, and I've come to believe he's like a spirit guide or something, but when he said 'run' I wasn't sure what to make of it. Normally I can figure out why he's doing what he is, but this one really stumped me. So I closed my eyes to rinse the bubbles out of my hair, and when I opened them there was a face on the glass, its mouth wide and gaping like in a silent scream; with eyebrows knitted together and big black and empty eyes, he was peering in at me. Not as in smiley face, but a pale see through face of a man, who looked in his mid 20's or early 30's, glaring angrily at me. I screamed and ran out, my towel forgotten in my panic, and I stood staring into the bathroom for a good half hour, hearing muffled noises of things falling on the floor. It died down after a while, and I had already drip dried; so I hadn't had the need to get back into the bathroom.

Who could that have been because it WASN'T NATE. I've seen his face, and he's in his teen years, not the time period the face looked like. I'm seriously freaking out right now, and struggling to write this, because my bathroom opens out onto my bed. I could feel anger and hatred in that room, but I know Nate is sat with me, because I can feel his hand on the small of my back. (He always does it when I'm scared) But I don't know what was in that room; I can't go in there yet...

HELP?!

Other hauntings by Frankie_Elise

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Frankie_Elise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TwilightGirl90 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
Listen. I like Nate and think he's extremely nice, but maybe he's just going to "protect" you until his attachment, which is you, is his age. He might decide that you're old enough to be on your own. But again, he might be pretending to protect you and befriend you, he might just be the evil one, and the others trying to warn you. Might not be, just saying. 😁
joseph_joseph1 (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Frankie Elise,
Your experiences in your stories concerning the spirit you call "Nate" are exactly like what is detailed in the book "Hostage to the Devil" by Malachi Martin. The book depicts 5 seperate stories of encounters with the demonic, and one of them relates exactly to your experinces with "Nate".

"Nate" as you call him is what is called a "familiar spirit" AND FAMILIAR SPIRITS ARE EVIL SPIRITS WHO TRY TO BEFRIEND YOU AND EVENTUALLY LEAD YOU DOWN THE WRONG PATH TO DEPAIR.

Familiar spirits are evil spirits filled with deception... They seek to befriend you and slowly alienate you from friends and family and will slowly drive you to depression and despair.

You need to get the book I mentioned above, and read the true story about David and "Uncle Poncho" who was his familiar spirit... And you will see how at first uncle poncho was seemingly kind, but eventually he grew nastier and nastier.

May God guide and help you,
Joseph
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
So I was having a shower last night, and my boyfriend was visiting our neighbours so I was in the house alone, and then I remembered reading this story, and was suddenly very freaked out. I didn't dare shut my eyes in case I opened them to see a scary ghost face, consequently I ended up with A LOT of blueberry shampoo in my eyes. Ouchie.

Must stop reading the scary ones... 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Thank you for sharing your experience. I had a similar thing happen to me recently, which I posted about. I really don't appreciate this whole being accosted by spirits while in the shower thing!

However, I do believe that you should reconsider allowing Nate to hang around. I just feel... Unsafe about the way he acts around you. If he were a helpful spirit, he would be fighting for you rather than telling you to RUN. It sounds like he is probably playing nice and feeding off of not only your belief in him but your fear when he so-called "protects" you from "other spirits". I think this is all his doing, to be honest.

I think you should ask him to leave and move on. It isn't right for him to hang around anyway, unless he has a very good reason for not crossing over... Which right now, might be YOU.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Oh wow, that was really creepy. I think I would have just fainted and drowned in the shower or something. 😨 Good thing the bathroom opens up into your bedroom, or else you would have been standing around in your birthday suit in front of your whole family. 😲 From what I know about spirits and I'm no expert or anything, but sometimes one spirit can fear another. If Nate warned you by writing Run then this entity was most likely stronger than him and mean. That is why he couldn't help you out like he normally does. Like WBC said, it might be a good idea to do a cleansing, burn some sage to block this spirit from getting back in. I wish you the best. Good luck!
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
There have been cases of spirits pretending to be one or more people, attempting to get close to another person or trying to trick them for some reason or another.

Nate could be another spirit, trying to pose as a different one to gain your trust. Or perhaps Nate was trying to warn you of another possibly potentially dangerous spirit in the house.

To be perfectly honest though, manifestations of these magnitudes don't happen all that often and to hear of a entity that is in constant interaction with a living person is... Well to be honest outside of movies or literature; I've never heard of it. For this reason I am finding this all very implausible.

Anyways, whatever it may be I hope you find help.
Findaway (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
Why do they alwas have to have black eyes/no eyes and opened mouths?It's like they know how much it freaks people out!
amk86 (2 stories) (21 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-20)
Sounds like you have an attachment to "Nate", however this isn't a good idea. Whether he is just a earthbound spirit (ghost) or something more sinister, you should not be befriending it but instead trying to help send them where they belong. I think you should be looking iinto ways to send "Nate" on his way home. That would make you a TRUE friend to him.
markj7 (3 stories) (19 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
I agree with a lot of the previous comments. My question; is Nate doing this to scare you to reassure your relationship/freindship? Can you really trust him without question? Good luck trying to work this out. I'd be very cautious. You really never know the true intention of a spririt.
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
I understand why you didn't run.
It's never a fun expirence. Try telling the other thing in the bathroom to leave, it isn't welcome.
Maybe try getting Nate to give some kind of Clue as to why it is there. Goodluck.
Frankie_Elise (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-19)
Alot of you guys have been asking why I didn't "RUN!" when Nate recomended it, but I couldn't just run out covered in bubbles. Plus, I wasn't getting a freaky atmosphere at the time.
Nate sometimes plays tricks on me, like hides my stuff or just screamed randomly really loud behind me; so I though he was joking.

Hope this helps you if you're about to ask a question (:

Frankie_Elise x
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
That seems really scary! Maybe this new spirit is an evil spirit. But I don't know why this spirit would suddenly turn up now. I agree with the other posters, that you should pray to God and ask Him (and possibly other Angels) to protect you and your house and the people you love from negative spirits and harm.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Hey Frankie_Elise,

Like some other posters I to think this is another ghost with less friendly intentions then Nate's. Just tell this one to get lost and try talking to God.

Greetings,
Peter
XDGabRDJAXD (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
The one who wrote RUN was probably another ghost because when 'Nate' told you to RUN, you said you weren't sure to make of it; which means it's another one.
Lynrinth: Wow! I never thought that we would be thinking of the same thing... Ghosts that pretend to be friendly, but is actually not.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Hmmm... I'm sorry but I am getting a little bit more sceptical of these encounters.

Anyway yeah if someone wrote the word run and there were no physical humans around I wouldn't ponder it for a second. I would run! I also don't know why Nate wouldn't try to intercept the other ghost from you when Nate seems to try and intercept the physical people in your life from getting to you. That is why I don't know if I believe the encounters 100%. I'm sorry to be skeptical but it comes with the territory.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Can somebody tell me why people seem to always do the opposite of what they're told?
"RUN!" and you don't run.
"DUCK!" nobody ducks until it's too late.
"Don't look" and everybody turns to look.
If you trust this guy so much, why didn't you get out of there?
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
I must admit I was surprise to find a ghost regularly interacts with you. Not many people do this. So you think Nate wrote 'Run', and then you saw this other spirit? Sometimes when one spirit is inhabiting a dwelling, it may attract others. I hate to mention this...um, have you ever thought Nate was doing it? I mean, how long have you lived in the house? Did Nate come with the house? Or was he usually around even before? Could he be a spirit pretending to be friendly, maybe lulling you into some sort of security, thinking you see him as a 'friend'? Some, uh, unfriendly spirits have been known to seem one way, are actually pretending to be that way. Just one possibility. Or, since it could be a evil spirit, maybe it's time to have your house bless. Pray, firmly tell the negative spirit to go, and maybe someone who could just listen and know someone who could help you. Be watchful, and especially careful. Good luck.
jinkies0x (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
That's terrifying! I'm new here, so I've never really read your ghost stories, so I'm not exactly "up to par", but I'm assuming Nate is a ghost you befriended? I can't believe you didn't "RUN"! I would've been terrified! And if a face appeared at my shower, I would've ran away screaming out of my house (of course, with a towel on).

I would probably never take a shower as long as someone sits next to me on the toilet (every time I visit my friend, she makes me do that lol)
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
Wow! I wouldn't have gone back to the shower after that! 😨
Im glad Nate tried to warned you. Do you still feel negativity in your bathroom? If you do talk to Nate I'm sure he'll be a great help. If not then maybe you can leave a note and pen in the bathroom over night, ask a question and see if it answers in the morning. My friend tried it and it worked!
Please be very careful and try to bless the house!

Hope this helps a bit.

Keep us posted.

Looney.
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-18)
That would have scared the hell out of me! Can you talk to Nate? Ask him what's going on? I don't think I can be much help here, but maybe get the house blessed or smudge or something?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: