You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mommy. Mommy. I Gotta Go Potty, Mommy

Real Ghost Stories

Mommy. Mommy. I Gotta Go Potty, Mommy

 

Since I've gotten pregnant, I've noticed I've been more sensitive than usual. Where something wouldn't stand out to me normally, I find it standing out and beyond the crowd. My homes have always active. Every single one I've moved into, new or not, has had someone/something move in with me. It's always been this way, and normally I pay no mind to the spirits around me. Most aren't there to hurt us anyhow. They just want to exist, or they're residue of what was left from their life they left behind upon going home.

We moved into our current home the better part of two years ago now. Before ever setting foot in the home, I had it blessed and cleansed. I planted stones on the four corners of the yard to help with protection, and walked through with a bundle of sage and told all that was left over from the previous owner, "This was our house now and anything that meant us harm or ill will would NOT be tolerated."

The first year was filled with the normal, "lesser" spirits moving around our home. We live near a old Indian burial ground. I paid no mind as they are a part of the land itself. I planted small herbs as an offering of peace. And so we had that for a while.

I noticed that there were three that followed me to my new home. 1) a young man, well built, short hair, tall and wide. He doesn't do anything. Doesn't talk to anyone. He just watches. So I ignore him. It never hurt anyone to look, and he's not hurting my husband, my children, or me. So I let him be. 2) is the little girl. She's got long dark hair about to her waist, wears a pair of pants and a shirt. She plays a lot with my little girl like Mary did with me. Though I've not had to worry about poltergeist activity so far. She likes to talk though and ever now and then I'll hear her laugh or talking when I know my little one is sleeping or away.

The last and latest one to our home is a small toddler boy. I saw him first the other night. Which is whom I came to write about today.

Now in all fairness I should say my sleep has been a little erratic since I've gotten pregnant, so I'm up at odd times of the night. I'll do something simple to tire me back out then go back to bed and sleep a little while longer.

Two nights ago, I had just finished a glass of chocolate milk and checking on the kids when I climbed back into bed. Both were sound asleep, my son gently snoring away into dream land. I laid down and had just closed my eyes when I heard from the door, "Momma, Momma." Thinking it was my little man, I automatically set up and saw something a little shorter than him. The spirit was actually around my daughter's size, which would put him closer to 3 maybe 3 1/2. I realized this right away, but not wanting to scare the child I just sat there.

He turned and walked away, so I laid back down. About five minuets later I heard again, this time from my husband's side of the bed in the room, "Momma, Momma." I decided he wasn't going to go away without an answer, so I'd answer and see what he wanted. "What is it?" I asked. It took a few moments, but just as I thought he wasn't going to answer me back, from the end of the bed on my side I heard, "Momma, I gotta go potty. Momma... Momma, I gotta go potty, Momma." Surprised at the sound being so close, I jerked up right immediately into a half sitting position and looked at the end of the bed. No one was there. I looked at my husband's side. No one was there. I looked at the door... No one.

I shook my husband awake and asked him to go check the kids with me. After a few moments, he complied and walked through the house with me while I looked through every room for the little boy. No one was up. Both my children were asleep.

Walking back through the house I stopped at the door of the bathroom and calmly said "Look. I have two children to take care of tomorrow morning. If you have to go potty, it's right there. Feel free to use it. Just put stuff back the way you found it when you're done. Don't go waking the others over this either. They both have school in the morning. No more sneaking up on me either. If you have something to say, make yourself known first. Don't just sneak up on people. It's not nice. And if you can't be nice, then you're not welcome here. Which means you have to leave. But if you can follow the house rules and be nice, you're welcome to stay for as long as you need."

We went back to bed that night... No more interruptions with our sleep. Just quiet. I woke the next morning expecting to see the little boy at least once when the kids went off to school, but that didn't happen. So I assumed the rules were too much and he just left after the night.

The next morning my husband rolled over and looked at me. "Your little boy came back for a visit last night." I looked at him and asked what he meant, and he told me. "I woke up and he was sitting on the dumbbell petting Obie (our poodle). It took me a while. I couldn't find the phone. But one moment he was there and I grabbed the phone looked away, and when I looked back, he was gone. Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up." I smiled and told him simply he was nothing to worry over. He hadn't shown any aggression. He was probably just curious.

We haven't heard from him again as of yet, but I have a feeling he is staying for a little while at the very least.

I don't mind spirits living in our home when they're peaceful. It's kind of like having a house guest you don't have to feed. But this new addition to our home made me a little curious because, simply, we are expecting another little one in under three months. I look forward in seeing what he needs, or if we are just one stop on his way home.

No help necessary, though comments are always welcome.

Other hauntings by SilverBear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SilverBear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gymnasticslover12399 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
like some people maybe its your baby boy trying to tell you the future maybe and congrats on the baby boy 😊
SilverBear (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-27)
[at] Andrea22- I don't think they do, but it is a habit of a toddler to ask to go potty... Something they do repeditivly. My son is 5 and still asks to go potty sometimes.

[at] Jennz- That's a posability.

[at] LillyPieLindsay-He usually ignores the spirits that walk through the house. He catches a glance every now and then... But ignores them for the most part. He's somewhat sensitive, but doesn't exucursie the ablity.

[at] lady-glow -Obie loves to be petted, and though active, he just laid there. When Adam finally showed the light on Obie from his phone, obie picked his head up, but nothing more. I was curiouse about this too... I asked after I had posted the story.

[at] DARKNESS- Thankyou... I think of interaction as, I wouldn't want to be ignored if I was trying to get someones attention. So why should I ignore them?

[at] Qua- This isn't the first encounter I've had, nor the scariest. But I can understand why.

[at] geetha50-Very true. And the baby is a boy. We found out a few days ago.

To everyone, thankyou for the well wishes and blessings on my newest child. We both thank you very much.
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
congrats, wait the boy can be your child 😲
OH my gosh, this can tell you the future.

Thank you
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
First of all, congrats on your latest child... Boy or girl?

It's a good thing that you acknowledge the little boy. Personally, I don't think he needed to pee, I think he just wanted to be known that he was there.

I would like to know your answer to lady-glow's question about your dog's reaction. Also, I would like to know if this child is one the ghosts that followed to the new house or was it there to beginning with?

I would also like to say that it was a good thing that you did the bless/cleansing before you moved in. It's a good way to clear out anything negative. One thing I would suggest is to keep up with the blessing/cleansing every once in awhile. The reason is because like many things in life, things wear down and we have to maintain it. It's the same thing with the cleansing. Negative beings from the outside will try to break in from the outside of your protection and also we are all human beings and can't always be positive. Whenever we bring negative thoughts into the house, the cleansing breaks down a little bit at a time. So keeping up the cleansing would be good for your home and your family.

I don't think you needed the reminder as I can see from your stories that you have experienced enough throughout your life and you know what to do to protect yourself. But it doesn't hurt to be reminded once in awhile. Have a great day!
flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
Congrats on the new baby. (in three months, of course) :D And I love your reactions to gently entities. I would react the same way.
Qua (39 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
One of the most thrilling and interesting encounter I've read here. I would have been freaked out if I had been in your position. And congratulations on your little one in 3 months:)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
Great account here SilverBear, it is widely known that pregnancy does inrease the sensitivity to the spirit world and with your prior abilities and experiences I'm not surprised you have had these encounters.
I like the fact that you speak to this young child I'm sure that he appreciates the acknowledgement from you. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Dan
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-11)
Very interesting story!
I just have a question, - when your husband saw the little boy petting Obie, what was your dog's reaction? I wonder if animals react with fear just towards negative entities and tolerate the nice ones 😕.

Thank you for sharing, I really like your story.
LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-11)
Wow, thanks for sharing about your houseguests. I love your attitude about them! It's interesting your husband was also able to see the little one. Does he share your sensitivities? Is he able to see or sense all the spirits you can, or was this a somewhat unusual event? Congratulations on the new baby, btw! Sounds like you're going to have your hands full!
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
Wow, Thank You for sharing this story... I wonder if maybe he was just copying your children? As was said in the previous comment I hope we don't have to worry about using the restroom when we move on... Lol
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
Wow really interesting story!It's surprising he was asking to use the potty, just like other children. I thought that was a physical and Earthly need? Do people still have those needs after they've crossed over? I hope not... Cause one lifetime of having to pee is enough haha.
psychicmama (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
Very interesting story! I really had hoped I would be more "receptive" when I was pregnant but no deal! Glad you are enjoying your houseguests and thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: