You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: A Story To Tell

Real Ghost Stories

A Story To Tell

 

his is my first post/story that I've done on this site, it's not like some of the other stories I've read here. Anyway, my story begins with a short explanation on how I became a psychic. (I'm still trying to develop my abilities.) I always wanted to tell my experience to some of my friends but thought better of it because they might think I am crazy or have a very creative imagination.

I was at my friend's sleepover; she had Ouija Board and decided to make contact. She asked questions like "Is there anyone here with us?" and so on. We waited for about two minutes with no response. Then the pointer moved by itself without any of us putting force on it. I couldn't believe what was happening; it was my first time trying this out. My friend asked "What's your name?" The pointer started to move slowly spelled out N-O-M, which was the spirit's name.

The spirit was nice and he liked to mess with us, he was kind of a prankster. Finally the day ended and I went home. I was still excited about what happened so I got a crazy idea of making my own Ouija board. To my amazement Nom followed me home. After a couple weeks of using the Ouija Board I started to hear voices in my head. At first I thought it was imagination then I started to hear random conversations in my head. I said "Hi..." in my mind and the conversations stopped and I felt as if there were people looking at me. I know it sounds weird to hear voices in your head but that's how I can explain the whole psychic thing. So I stopped using the Board.

I followed my regular schedule of going to school. I realized that Nom had been following me all this time without me knowing it. I became accustomed to this as the days went by. Days turned to weeks, I didn't tell my friends about me being a psychic because they might think I'm crazy or because of their religious believes, in school everyone started to know me as a psychic and I would listen to what they have to say, (If you know what I mean) Sometimes they made me laugh and I made them laugh too, (I can be sarcastic at times).

Being a psychic changed my life dramatically. Even before I became a psychic I had my own paranormal experiences like seeing shadows and white figures. After I gained my psychic ability my experiences haven't changed much except that at school I get "teased" by some very playful spirits. They tend to softly shake my desk and laugh every time I get annoyed by it. Then there's the time when I was watching a paranormal show on T.V and the commercial came on I looked at my bathroom which is right across the hall from my room, and saw a floating orb fly across from one point to another. I've never seen a floating orb before so I stayed in shock for a bit.

Another experience I've had was when I was at the mall with my parents. I always let them have their space so I follow behind them. As I keep on walking I felt something trip me but luckily I didn't fall. I actually felt the force of whatever I tripped on in the bottom of my shoe. Instinct told me to retraces my steps, I came to the conclusion that I couldn't have tripped over something because there was nothing on the floor. It was a marble tile floor. I could feel the "object" of whatever made me trip on the bottom of my shoe for a while.

I just felt like writing this because I don't want my family and friends to think I have imaginary friends. I know a lot of people don't believe in this kind of stuff but it nice to know that some people are willing to listen to your experiences. Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, silverwind, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ashavanilla (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
hmmm there's nothing in this story that would indicate you are a psychic
feyan (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
hello & hi all! 😉 so silverwind try not to use the "psychic" word that often; its annoying. Most of the time Ouija Board thingy doesn't work but leaves people with a feeling like "AGGH! Somebody's with me!". Anyway, any connecting with the other world will feed on you... Simply put watch your weight 😆 oh! & long story short: if you feel annoyed by the spirits, you can use the first connect object in a particular way to break the connecting... I guess 🤔
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
bacchaegirl makes a good point... Just because you have paranormal experiences doesn't mean you're psychic, and visiting a doctor or psychologist isn't a bad idea, just to rule out any outside factors. I'm also interested in this experience you said you had with helping Nom cross over. Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to draw something out and then try and help it cross back over? You're essentially digging up a corpse and then demanding it rebury itself.

That's another reason I believe Ouija boards are wrong and it's no wonder spirits attack people through them in almost every story I've heard dealing with them. You're dragging a confused spirit out into the open and demanding they tell you their secrets so you can have fun and get your kicks. Hence why I generally don't feel sorry for people who get more than they bargained for and end up summoning up a spirit they can't get rid of.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
I don't believe a lick of this story. As people have stated before, you probably aren't psychic. I am a believer in the paranormal, but I also REALLY believe in the reality of mental illness. I know, if every ghost story out there could be attributed to mental illness; we would have a lot of sick people on our hands. I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. But just know, and I'm not saying that this is always the case, even in this situation, know that bipolar disorder is a very real thing. I have type two bipolar disorder, so I don't hallucinate or hear voices, but if you have type one bipolar disorder, hallucinations are very likely. Also, bipolar disorder can sometimes creep up on a person. Show itself when there was hardly any evidence of it in the past. Sometimes it can rear it's ugly head when one goes through a physical and hormonal change. Now Silverwind, I hope you don't think I'm saying you're bipolar. I just want the world to be aware that people are affected by their own mental illness much more than they are affected by paranormal events. I don't think you are a psychic. If this story is real at all, you have a spirit messing with you. However, this story as a whole makes such little sense, I don't know how anyone could follow the events and their consequences. I just want to warn people out there, and I know this is an old story, so few people will probably read this, but check inside your mind first before you freak out and think something outside of yourself is happening. I'm sure if some people got on a little medication, this whole ghost thing would clear up.
silverwind (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
I helped Nom cross over, it was kind of emotional but rewarding at the same time. I was glad to help him.
gothgirl (32 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
why do poeple knock at the devil's door and then they are so shocked when he finaly open?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
It's kind of like you ask the stranger come in after you the open Door know what I mean and I agree with all the comment I never try this thing call Ouji Board I' m not sure how to spell but kind of glad am and it kind of make me nervous them cause I seen thing happen around my friends even I never touch them until of my own board but never play with it thought cause I was too nervous... Like I say It's kind of like you ask the stranger come in after you Open the door... I'm sure the other comments know what I'm talking some say its like playing with fire but to me open the door for the stranger. So next time please be very carefully if you use it you most closed it the door after you use and thank you.
DG
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
"Nom" could be wordplay for "anomaly". I'd be careful if I were you. I think you're meddling with something you don't understand.
minimom (50 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Oh silly child!

I come from a family where being a sensitive is normal. Everyone has the ability, but most choose to ignore it, thinking that it's evil. In reality, it's pretty much the same as a family who's primary talent is music or art.

Hearing a voice in your head isn't the same as being psychic. And furthermore, using a Ouija will not give you that ability.

Ouija boards are not toys. At the least, they're keys to doors that are best kept locked. This may sound coldhearted but you asked for this, now you have to deal with it.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
sliverwind, I hear voices in my head from spirit. It's like telepathy, sort of. I guess that you think you're psychic because of the communication of spirits, e.g. Spirit focus on you and have 'telepathic' communication with you. If you are a true psychic, develop your abilities (if you want) to help others. Spirits also annoy me at tech 😁
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
silverwind (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Sorry, I forgot to add that I was using the Ouija Board with my brother. Anyway, this was just a couple of months ago. I know that NOM is around because I can sort of "feel" his presence. Sorry if I didn't make it clear.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Silverwind, I have to giggle at the "spirit"'s name, Nom. Hom nom nom. ANYWAYS, I would echo everyone else here is the comments about using an ouija board, as well as ask about your psychic powers.

You suggest a kind of telepathy with this "spirit", have you had anything like that before with anyone or anything else?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
silverwind,
I am with zzgranny on the subject of the board, and I'll wait for your response before I say anything more.
On the subject of your psychic abilities, everyone has it in them to harness their inner psychic. We're all basically, psychic at birth, it's just a matter of degree and natural ability. It can either be ignored and therefore turned off or lost, or it can be nutured and therefore enhanced.
Some of us walk around with these abilities and have no idea that they are even remotely related to being psycnic.
Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/psychic-articles/what-is-psychic.php

If you want to nuture these abilities, there are steps you can take to do so.
Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/psychic-articles/develop-psychic-abilities.php

Plus, psychic abilities have different categories and certain traits that help define them.
Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/psychic-articles/types-psychic-abilities.php

But to think that your ability came from a Ouija Board is naive. It may have been the catalyst, but it wasn't the origin.
Will await your response, thank you.
lynrinth (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
Ouija board?! You used a ouija board, by YOURSELF?! You're just asking for trouble, aren't you. Not to be mean, and I'm not really, but to use a an occult instructment by yourself, with no 'protection'? Using prayer, picturing a white light, or just saying an incantation for protection helps keep the bad spirits away. I didn't read any of that here. Maybe you did have some pyschic abilities before, but using a board usually doesn't give you more, though stranger things have happened. Usually through mediation does one strenghten their abilities. Not through a board. I am afraid for you. How do you know it isn't a negative spirit pretending to be friendly? That's how these usually get started. Things seem okay at first, then it escalates into something... Not so nice. I may be wrong. I hope so. Just... Be watchful, and careful. I hope there is someone who you can turn to in case things don't go like you want them to. God bless and good luck.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+7
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
silverwind: Using an Ouija board is not going to give you psychic abilities... And I, for one, do not believe that being psychic is a prerequisite for having paranormal encounters...

My opinion is that during your first attempt at the board, a spirit may have become stuck here, if the board wasn't closed properly... You don't mention a partner with you when you made and used your own board, so I'm assuming you used it alone?...MAJOR no-no...Okay, you're probably going to get a lot of flack over the proper and improper ways to use the board, so just let me say, you should research such things PRIOR to attempting any kind of spiritual communication or divination devices and tools... They are not toys or games...

I would like to know how and why people at school have come to know of your "psychic" abilities, if you didn't tell anyone?...Perhaps if you give us your definition of "psychic", we'll better understand how you came to your conclusions...

I need a lot more info before I can give any kind of advice...
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
As Elephante81 stated, what makes you think your psychic? What else has occured that lends creedance to your claim? I'm not trying to be rude or mean. I've heard this claim from others, both here & real life. Often, those who claim it straight out-right are not, but not always. Can you give some additional details or events? Plus, how do you know NOM (which could be as Ele said, initials) is around? How do you know it was following you? Ouija board have their purpose, but often they are abuse & misused, to negative results. I would warn caution - if NOM has followed you, talks to you and is telling you all this stuff, things that you may not understand beyond "becoming psychic" may be occuring. There is a FINE line between paranormal events and mental issues like hearing voices. I await some additional details. Take care and be well.
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
What exactly makes you believe you're psychic? Not trying to put down your story, but you didn't really describe any psychic encounters, only paranormal encounters. Also, you said that "NOM" (which may be initials and not actually a name), follows you. How did you know this?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: