You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Papaw Is That You

Real Ghost Stories

Papaw Is That You

 

September 7, 2004 I was thirty. I had just gone sleep that night so I Don't know if its dream that he visited me that night; just to talk and such. He is my mother's father who was a very strict and good man, also a very strong Christian and a very good husband to my mamaw and his children and grandchildren.

The next morning my mom woke me up with bad news and said something happened to papaw and started to cry. I didn't cry because I don't want to believe it; I get the feeling that he died in my dreams.

That September morning we had to get moving to go over to my mom's home town to go to my papaw's funeral. Yes I did start to cry to see him look like he was asleep in that coffin, that day very peacefully. What happened is that he died in his sleep on that morning my mamaw tried to wake him up, but couldn't. I guess it was his time for him to go home to go to be with his family before us.

September 2009, we moved to the new house after 2005. I was going to take my nap and I sensed a strong odor like tobacco; and I was like hmm... I know that smell. I guess that my papaw visited me in new house, just like my daddy did the one with the smoking. My family doesn't use tobacco. Only him and his older son my uncle but he doesn't live with us he lives with his mom, my mamaw.

Other hauntings by dreamergal72

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dreamergal72, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Geetha Sorry to hear that but I'm sure they are out there to looking out for you and getting to know you in spirits. Thanks for commemt everybody and sorry for answer very late.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-18)
First of all, I would like to give my condolences for the loss of your grandfather. As his oldest grandchild, you will always be special to him and even in passing, your grandfather will be looking after you. Consider yourself luck that you got to know your grandfather. I never got the change to meet either one of my grandfathers because they died when both of my parents were really young. I don't even have a picture of both of them.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
Thank you Cosmogal926 and CSAofficer that strange that your grandpa use the computer as a Sign... Some death use anythings as a Sign.
CSAofficer (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
This reminds me when my grandfather passed away. We had an old computer in my moms room and it was off. The night he died the computer was off and it said. 'Good Bye'. The thing is. That was my grandfathers computer to start with.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
Hi dreamergal72, I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather. I know what you mean when you say smell something and you know it's him like the tobacco. My grandfather used to use moth balls in all his closests and drawers. He always had that scent on him. Now whenever I smell moth balls I know my grandfather is around. I was the first grand daughter too. I'm sure your grandfather will always be looking out for you. Thanks for sharing this with us. 😊 ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Thank You Chicken-Nugget22-Yes he does he sure loves his first older granddaughter I'm an only child until my First cousin born in 1998 his second grandson born.
Thank you Lynrinth- He sure did come and Visit me just like my daddy did You know was that my daddy smoking that time in the story.
chicken-nugget22 (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
I'm so sorry for you loss. But he is looking out for you and that's what counts!

Best of Wishes!
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
My condolences for the loss of your grandfather. But it sounds like he likes to come and visit with you. At least you know he is around, and is comfort for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: