You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Daddy's Death And The Hooded Figure

Real Ghost Stories

My Daddy's Death And The Hooded Figure

 

It was 1990 and I was living in a trailer. My parents were divorced and I was in the room where I could watch TV and do my homework at the same time. I was 17 that the time.

It was evening after supper. I was feeling something was not right but couldn't put my finger on what. I was feeling something like tapping on my right shoulder. I looked to my right and all I could see was the bed and window but nothing else was there so I just went back to my business.

Suddenly, I heard my mom calling me and I looked to my left. She looked at me and said "come in the living area with me".

I said "ok" but I noticed her face was red like she had been crying... Something was wrong I thought so I went and followed her and I saw my uncle sitting across from me and she looked at me and gave me the bad news that daddy had died.

I got up quickly and began crying. I was angry. I found out he had a heart attack although he was very young.

One year later 1991 when I was 18, I lived in my own trailer next to mom's trailer. I was ready for bed and it was dark when I noticed that by my bed near my window, there was a dark figure. It had a robe on and a hood over the head-I don't know what, it just kind of gave me the chills and I covered myself until I fell asleep. I did try to tell mom but, like all parents, she didn't believe in these things.

I know I had a hard time believing what I had seen or felt but I am getting used to it.

Other hauntings by dreamergal72

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dreamergal72, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-23)
Hi there, I am back sorry for not being on here I been on other account but think about delete it few cause I lost the password and new E-mail address. So I.m back to answer your to few posters intact that I did see the hooded figure during hurricane in now my house in my mother's bedroom due to no lights and a.c. Very hot night. I know some people don't understand my sentence. Yes I am English.
Adele (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
What loss don't understand you think its family just want to understand who it is
white_noise (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-23)
Sorry for your loss and if this was a shadow person I know what it is like to see one also so I understand. I have seen two so far one was in a dream and the other in my house. I will upload the story sometime.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Thanks happy for the comments and yes I agree that he is looking out for me I am sure of it.
happy (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-19)
hi,sorry to hear of your fathers death. I enjoyed your story, don't worry maybe he was looking out for you.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
Thanks axel yeah seem like real and sure is creepy to see it and yes I did saw it on july or september 2008 during hurricane gustva.
Kira (7 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
'tresting. I am not sure what you saw sorry. I wish I could help though, post next time you see it.
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Hi dreamergal, maybe the hooded figure was there to tell you something. I had a similar experience but not with a hooded figure. I will post that one when the time is right, we can compare notes. Usually when they don't seem or feel friendly, they aint! So I get a bad vibe from the specter that you saw. Hmmm
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
But I don't live in that trailer anymore now it was in 1991 and Gladly that I don't live there anymore and Also now live in the house in 2005 but the hooded figure came in 2008 in summer with no A.c. And Lights Stuff etc.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Thanks nmgs5789 Yeah It might be warning you might be right it could be and Yes It is scary I have to hide half way in under the cover.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
awe I'm so sorry for your losses. That would be so hard.

It doesn't sound like your dad. Maybe it is a warning spirit, but I would be scared
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Hi Mng5789 No it an't my daddy cause he is too kind he don't hurt a fly he not a dark kind of guy but it not the first time about the hooded figure show up this I mean in summer of 2008 after my friend died in june 12th 2008 so I thought maybe that things is a warning or something to tell me who is dying. I am not sure what it all about.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
this is kind of creepy. Could the figure have been your dad by chance?

I have never seen anything and even though id like to id be so afraid I'm not sure what id do!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Thank You ghostseer, you might be right that I may had seening thing the hoodedfigure I was living by myself in early age as "18" living beside mom's trailer. My father and I would close and we never fight or anything just that he live other town while he and mom are dicvorced. This summer that night it was hurricane gustv and it really hot I sleep in mom's bedroom while she sleep in the other room so I can cool off at night cause no lights and ac and I did see the hooded figure again. Again Thank you very much and blessed.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
I am so sorry you lost your Father!, I think the reason the black hooded figure showed itself to you, was your vulnerability. One year after you Father passed away, this black hooded entity showed itself. I think you were being sized up. They say that one year to eighteen months after you lose someone, you are at a point in the grieving process, that makes you vulnerable to otherworldly attacks. I think you are o.k., as you haven't said you have seen it since... You must a be a very strong Soul...Blessings, Ghostseer
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-18)
Hello Herr thanks for the comment and yes I agree it is spooky I have to cover up over my head to hide but I peek alitte and still there when I see it not even move.
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-18)
Dreamergal72,

That is spooky. It's weird how people see things and they get all confused. I hope you don't see that thing again.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
Ellyemo, THanks for comment and No He don't wear robe and he died in 1990 but that wasn't him that hooded figure I can feel creepy this this is that start in 1991 now I saw at the night in mom's bedroom cause it was hot the window open cause of hurricane gustav with no lights/A.C. I was like No it back. Mom let me sleep in her bed to cooling off in window cause I can't sleep in my bed to have a window open there cause my stepdad smoke and it will through inside my bedroom window if I let it open, so My friend just died in june also so I guess it made be a death things.
EllyElmo (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-27)
Hello

This story is freaky but kind of sad, I'm very sorry about your dad: (I bet that was your dad you saw! Did he have a robe he loved? Or maybe a dressing gown?

😁

Elly ❤
X
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
Whitebuffla Thanks My daddy is 44 when he died that evening and we both close... And I have no idea what the hooded figure come from I just fall asleep but the truth I get scare of that one time my friend ask me who died for that hooded figure and I say I don't know...
Promghost07 thanks for reading for my comment that hooded figure don't have rope it just stand by my windew and not even move just stand there and I was peek out few minute through my cover until I get too tired to look so I went off to sleep someone my friend ask me who died I have no idea... Thanks again both of you...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
I am sorry that you did not get the support you needed at that point in time. Not "all" parents don't believe in these things. This is one Parent/Grandparent who COULD not agree with that statement.
There are descriptions of shadow people all over the INTERNET. It almost sounds to me like this was one of those beings. There is speculation that the ghost in question simply does not have enough energy to materialize, and therefore is seen in the form of a shadow.
There are many theories, much like in all other ghostly forms, as to why they seem to only be seen as shadows, but that seems to be the most prominent one. If this had happened to me, I would search the Internet to see if I could find a "match" in some of the photographs that are available. At least that way, I could say "Yes, THIS is what I saw..."
Thank you.
promghost07 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-17)
Hello Dreamergal72,

I was reading your story and It is quite interesting. I do have one question. When you saw the Hooded figure, was 'it' holding a rope for hangings? Because I watched A Haunting one time, and a woman said she had that experience. Only with a rope. If you could respond, that would be Great. Good luck and god bless.

😉

Promghost07.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: