You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Ghost In Tunnel

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In Tunnel

 

I would like to share a story from my father's life.

My daddy was young when this happened. It was hot summer day, when he and his friends decided to go for camping in the forest. All his friends were engaged in the camping but some of his friends including him, decided to explore the place.

They lead away from the camp to the middle of the forest and after a long distance they saw a huge tunnel. They lowered their feet into the tunnel. It was little dim.

While they were moving on, they heard a loud shrill. All the four guys turned back and saw an old aged man. His face was somewhat unforgettable which daddy still remembers. His arrival had broken the enthusiastic atmosphere.

And then that instant, the old man warned them not to move ahead in tunnel and mentioned a dead body lying at the end of tunnel. But their curiosity made them to move ahead. When they reached at the end of tunnel, they were shocked by seeing the dead body. It was the dead body of the old man to whom my daddy and his friends met previously. They immediately turn back to see that old man. But he was vanished, though the tunnel was too long to escape in this little span.

I still wonder how this strange incident had taken place. How the old man vanished from the tunnel?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, murphy95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Hi Murphy95,

Thanks for posting it. I think that the Old Man would have died some few days back before the arrival of your Father such incidents happens where people see Ghost.

The Ghost was a nice Guy as he didn't hurt anyone.

Please let me know which place this is?

GOD BLESS YOU.
prowler (6 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
After s person dies sometimes he cannot enter the other world owing to his attachment to the things of this world, like in this case the old man's body. I think that having lived in this body for so many years, the old man's spirit may have developed a strong attachment for his body and this is probably the reason that is holding him back. By cremating his body properly one may be able to release his attachment for his body and thus his spirit will be free and will move on to the next world.
TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-06)
woah
At least the man cared for your dad enough to say "don't go there"
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
So was there anything figured out about the area? Like any murders or anything like that? Would be interesting to find out what went on and what happened to that guy.

Just curious about if you figured anything else out about it is all.

Peace
JustCurious
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-29)
[at] murphy95 - wow. Well it was an interesting story... I don't think I could have walked all the way to the end of the tunnel. Especially after the spirit showed up.

Peace
JustCurious
GypsysHeart (9 stories) (39 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
Sometimes if a person is dead or dying and they know it their spirit can leave their body and try to find help. It happened to me with an old lady across the street from me. Maybe he was asking your dad to tell the authorities about the body so he could rest in peace.

Thanks for posting your story.
murphy95 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
[at] ams11270: Yes I agree with you maybe you are right. Maybe the old man had been murdered in the tunnel. But who may know what the truth behind this scene is?

[at] erin1: Thanks it's a good idea! I will find and tell you if I get any sort of info.

[at] zzsgranny: No they do not contacted authorities. My dad thought it is better to stay away from these paranormal activities!

[at] JustCurious: The only thing he remembered about the dead body was that his face was exactly the same as the old man and it was slightly twisted! 😢
murphy95 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
Thanks for reading the story friends. Well I asked my dad but he little remembered of that place since a long time has passed on. That place is somewhere between the forest and basic records cannot be obtained. Ams112700: I do think the same when my dad told me about the incident.

That incident so much effected my dad that he fell ill as he returned back to home.
CSAofficer (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-26)
Wow, this is a head scratcher... Well maybe the man was murdered or something.
ams112700 (27 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-03-25)
OK if the guy warned them not to go that means that either he was warning them because of the dead body or told them 'cause he knew they would go and if the man got murdered maybe the guy wanted them to look to see how badly he had got murdered or whatever that was probably the guys ghost/spirit. Oh well that's just my opinion! It may or may not be what happened... Write back your opinion on my opinion please! ❤ 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Erin19 did bring up a good point as far as the name of the woods, or perhaps the name of any areas close to the woods (city/town/neighborhood names, etc)

Peace
JustCurious
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
murphy95: I'm curious to know if your father and company contacted the authorities?...
erin19 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
It would be interesting if you found out the name of the woods, then looked it up online.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Wow. That was a really good read. Has your dad ever described the body or ghost? Such as any clothes, etc? Was the body decomposed at all? I know I wouldn't have been able to continue to the end of the tunnel after being told of a dead body being at the end.

If the ghost was that of the old man that had died in the tunnel maybe he was saying to avoid the end out of thinking that your dad and friends may have become fearful of coming across the body and in thinking that decided to warn them about.

Hope to hear back soon.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: