You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Confusion

Real Ghost Stories

Confusion

 

It all started when I met my first husband, I was only 18 years old and strange things began to happen as soon as he entered my life. I always had a feeling of someone watching over me, but it wasn't until we became engaged when I was 19 where I first saw what I can only describe as a ghost.

It was a Monday morning, very early about 1 in the morning and I heard a whisper of "don't trust him, please don't trust him", I put this down to being in a sleepy state and ignored it. At exactly 2:30 that same night I woke to a man at the end of my bed just watching me, he had no face and I couldn't make out anything apart from that the figure was that of a man, it was just a black figure.

Needless to say I ran out the room terrified into my parent's bedroom who both described me as being "incredibly pale and looking fearful". After this I refused point blank to move back into my bedroom, I moved into my little sisters bedroom who I shared with, and then roughly 2 months later, again at 2:30 on a Monday morning I was awoken to the same figure walking around my little sisters bed while she slept just watching her, as I darted up he just vanished.

After discovering that no matter where I slept it appeared this would still happen I moved back into my bedroom, again on a Monday morning at 2:30 I was awoken with the man whispering "watch him, be careful just watch him". During that month a smell of what I can only describe as drainage and death appeared in my bedroom, literally just in my bedroom, as soon as you went past the doorway when leaving the room the smell would vanish, we called out the plumbers who cleared all the pipes running through my room but insisted that all pipes were clear, the smell lasted a week and then just faded away.

I then married my partner and moved into a house a street away from my parents, turns out my husband wasn't such a nice man, he cheated on me constantly and after a year we got into a fight which resulted in me being strangled and getting a broken finger. I left my husband and remained in our house on my own for 6 months, during my time in the house I found a young girl in a long white night dress playing hide and seek with my living room door.

She appeared every time I had a low day and thought about trying again with my husband. I never did, I moved back in with my parents. During my time in the bad marriage my mum hired a medium who described our family so well; my fathers job, my brothers personality everything, so my mum questioned here about someone being un the house but she said there was no man, just a naughty young boy who was harmless.

Little did I know but my Nan in the UK had also been to see a Medium. It was a group session and my Nan was picked out from the crowd with the lady stating "you have a grandchild who can see things, she has a gift but doesn't know how to use it yet" my Nan has over 40 grand children but she insists its me that she was told about.

I am now married again to a wonderful man, but as most people he has a history and comes with an ex wife and a daughter, I get on incredibly well with my step daughter but sadly my husband and myself have problems with his ex wife. I let things bother me and upset me, and when things get too much for me I wake in the night with what feels like a reassuring hand on my head.

Sadly I also have feelings of being attacked in my sleep, once it was a brutal attack, I myself wasn't moving, I woke in the same spot as I fell asleep, but I really felt like I had been attacked I was covered in sweat and was very scared. I have also had the feeling if someone pulling at my feet while I sleep... This always occurs when my husband is away working.

I also had a dream about 6 months ago of 3 people arguing saying "she's not ready yet" over and over again.

Basically I would like to know... What on earth is happening to me? Has someone been warning me? Or is someone tormenting me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dedar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Darcy222 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
wear the brown scapular and pray the rosary and you will see how the evil forces flee! God bless and protect your family!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-08)
Succubussed - you made an excellent point, and I can see that the trolls and the morons have returned to this site judging by the fact that the author confirmed your suspicion and people have been padding both yours and my "karma points" down.

Keep doing what you're doing to help people... Hopefully the ones in need of help will see through the BS and get the information they need.
Succubussed (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
Thank you for answering my question, Dedar. I wasn't trying to pry or make you feel uncomfortable, but the nature of the night time attacks is an important detail.
JimD (431 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Hi;

Well, I'm sorry that these events have occurred. I hope your family is hanging in there. It does sound like demonic infestation, i.e. The rotten smells, the "man" wothout a face, the attendant fear, the vivid dreams, the night time whisperings (aka magical whisperings), the night time touchings, etc. I am more than slightly concerned about the night time touchings. I don't believe that events have progressed to the demonic oppression stage, yet. I don't believe that this is a benign spirit, at all.

I counsel saying "Jesus and Mary help me" whenever an apparition manifests and the liberal use of Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night. Please email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com, should you require more assistance. Easter is approaching, and normally things escalate prior to this day. Good luck and God bless your family.
Dedar (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Thank you again for your comments, it is very comforting to know there are people out there that I can discuss this with.

As for the attacks in my sleep one was a very brutal rape, it was horrible but when I woke I hadn't actually moved from the spot where I fell asleep. Most of the other attacks are general attacks, feeling of being strangled, or beaten with something, again I always wake up petrified as if it has actually happened but I haven't moved.

I am not too sure if this has anything to do with it but I am also a terrible sleep talker and walker. When I first met my now husband he was terrified I would leave our home so bought extra locks for our front door 😊

I am not too sure about sensing a little boy around me, I always feel as if there is someone there but I never actually expierience anything until just before I get bad news or get upset if that makes any sense at all.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Dedar,

I'm sorry to hear about the experiences with your ex-husband. Just in case you have not been convinced by those who care about you; NO ONE deserves to be treated the way you have been treated.

To say my abilities are limited, is an understatement. Although I have likely had hundreds of experiences over the past twenty years; I'm about as psychic as a lamp post. My ability to predict future events is rare and my ability to communicate with the spirit world is nonexistent. What I do seem to be able to do fairly well, is diagnose the meaning of the activity... Not often do I get the answer automatically, it usually develops over time. But not with your case... I am not saying I'm completely right about this, and I would be more than happy to be debated and found wrong... But I trust my abilities enough to know when something that I feel means...something.

By my definition, your case is not paranormal as much as it is supernatural. Although you are and were well beyond puberty when these events can commonly occur, what I believe you are experiencing are physical manifestation of your own emotions. When we are with someone and we want it to be the right someone, we are willing to bury the truth, even when we know otherwise.

You may not have known the extent of neglect, disloyalty, and abuse your ex was capable of, but you knew him well enough to know that you could not trust him,...the voices... And you were afraid to confront him... In comes Mr. Shadow. Who better to confront a man who we fear physically, then another man?

The smell. What better representation do you need, than the stench of what you were about to step into with this man. Plumbing problems of this nature are rarely isolated. Any plumber would have been able to tell if you had a venting problem in your room and could have corrected it immediately. Another warning, in my opinion, created by your subconscience in an attempt to alert you of your impending problems.

The little girl. Hopeless, helpless, lonely, sad, hiding, afraid... I have to think some or all of these emotions could be what you were experiencing at the time.

So are you crazy? Absolutely not. The human mind is a powerful machine. You are fortunate in that you could learn to and choose to use and interpret your visions as a means of protection and self-preservation, in my opinion. You do have a gift, and it is not limited. There is very little doubt that you can and will see spirits in your life. But some of the greatest mysteries we experience lie within.

Has someone been warning you? Yes. Is someone tormenting you? Yes.

What you need most in your life is to convince yourself that you are worth listening to. You are special.

Lou
Succubussed (guest)
-4
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Dedar, when you say that, "Sadly I also have feelings of being attacked in my sleep", do you mean sexually attacked?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm so sorry to hear that you were in such an abusive relationship, and kudos to you for getting out of it. Too many people stay in those situations out of fear or emotional attachment and know that you are one of the lucky ones who got out before it got worse.

I agree that it sounds like the first entity was trying to protect you from getting together with your first husband. It does sound like a Guardian-type spirit or passed-on family member. I find it intriguing that so many people see entities without faces--as if those entities perhaps can't project their own faces because they can't remember them or aren't allowed to reveal their identities. Maybe this spirit reached out to you as a warning because it was one of the "reaper" type figures--and knew it would eventually have to come and collect you if you stayed in a relationship with that man.

Meaning, that man might have killed you.

I've heard that people who have close calls with death become much more open to the paranormal because of that sort of "passing through the veil" experience. Perhaps that situation may have escalated later, and you narrowly avoided being a casualty of his abuse... And that may explain why you see the things you do.

I'm not sure how legit the medium you visited was, but... Do YOU feel like there was a boy spirit around you? Perhaps she was sensing the little girl, I don't know. However, the one that spoke to your grandma sounds much more like she/he knew what they were talking about.

Anyhow, I wish the best to you and I hope that the scarier of your experiences stop. If you are afraid or feel threatened, take a firm stance and tell any negative entities out loud that they are not welcome in your home (you can do it while your husband's not home if you don't want him to think you're nutty 😆) and insist that only those with good intentions are allowed to hang around, granted that they don't go out of their way to scare you.
Dedar (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
Thank you so much for your kind words, it means a lot to me as my husband looks at me daft when I discuss this with him so its nice to know people are out there to share this with and talk about. Thank you so much 😊 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Well, I have to say that the "man" was warning you against your first husband. And the reassuring hand on your head sounds lovely. It seems like a Guardian Spirit or Family Member who has passed. It seems that you do have a gift and it is better to use it than to ignore it (it won't be going away anytime soon).
Sorry that you had to go through what you did with your first husband.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
very interesting post thanks for sharing.
I must say I do think you have already gotten your answer but have the need to be told by others for you to accept that you do seem to have a gift, like your nan has said the medium was most likly talking about you.
The voice warning you about your first husband could have been a family member or a guardian spirit, who ever it was it sounds like they tried their best to stop you entering a bad relationship.
I don't think your being tormented with the dream of the 3 people arguing it sounds like they know of your gift but as you have not yet accepted it fully you are not ready to be contacted by the otherside yet.
I don't know if there are spritual churches in germany but if there are try going to one of them or find a medium that is well recomended to help you open up to your gift (if you feel ready to accept it that is)
Hope you get the help you need
Carl

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: