You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Hag And My Father?

Real Ghost Stories

The Hag And My Father?

 

When I was 2 years old, almost 3, my father passed away. At the time, I didn't understand what death was. All I knew was I had been told my father wasn't coming back and even then I don't think I fully comprehended it.

We lived in a single family home and my sister and I shared a room. Bunk beds to be more exact. There was not much in our room, the normal things. A dresser, TV and the bunk beds were about it. One night, a good while after my father passed, my mother laid my sister and me down for bed. I fell asleep as normal, no issues. I'm not sure what time it was that I initially woke up or how long the event actually lasted. At first, I wasn't even sure I was really awake.

Anyway, here it goes. I was startled awake, I'm not sure what caused it, hearing things maybe or maybe just knowing something was in the room. I sat up and the way I slept was so I was able to lie in my bed and watch TV. In front of the TV and dresser was an older woman, very unattractive and for some reason I just knew she was not friendly. I guess when we are kids we have that intuition (think back and I'm sure you will remember what I'm speaking of).

The woman had a very wrinkly face; I don't think there was a smooth part of skin on her face at all. Her hair was gray mostly but had some black mixed through out and it was VERY straggly, almost as if it had not been washed for weeks. Her eyes looked as any person's eyes do (meaning that they weren't just black holes or burning red) but her iris' were unlike anything I have seen to this day. They appeared gray, almost like smoke. They were not blue, I am sure of this. Her eyes just appeared empty.

The woman had a smile on her face but it wasn't a warm, welcoming smile. It was an evil smile; one I will never forget. I was a young girl, I didn't know to hide under the covers all I knew was that I felt the safest with my mother and so I bolted to the door which was directly across from my bed and enough of a distance from the woman for me to feel as confident as I can in the situation.

My mother's room was on the other side of the house. When running I didn't look back to see if I was followed. When I reached my mothers room I hopped into bed and curled up next to her. I looked over at the door and saw the woman. Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow standing in my mom's room. It wasn't what some people describe as a shadow person because I could make out some clothes. It was almost as if someone was in the room it was just too dark to see.

When I turned my head to look directly at the figure I felt an overwhelming sense of comfort. When I looked back at the door, the woman was gone. I honestly believe that my father had stopped back to comfort me and stop the encounter. It felt as though the woman knew the figure was there and wasn't able to or didn't want to come into the room with him there. Almost like it was too much of a challenge and not what she/it had counted on.

By this point, my mom had woken up and asked me what I was looking at. I explained to her about the woman and then the tall figure in her room that I couldn't completely make out. My mom is a believer and has family who has had numerous experiences so she believed me. She sat up with me until I could fall back asleep and I ended up sleeping in her room for the next few months because of this.

I'm 22 now and it seems like these things (paranormal experiences) search me out. I've never actually physically seen anything except on 1 other occasion, but I can sense things. To be honest, I've spent my life being very uneasy about it. It wasn't until recently that I started to accept it.

Anyways, I hope I was detailed enough for everyone. I see that people like detailed descriptions of the experience. Have a good day!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Amberly527, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Gods-Girl (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
maybe the entity wanted to attact you all these years but seeing your father their with you, she didn't got a chance. Since she didn't see your father maybe she thought this was her chance? 😁
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
I agree whole heartedly about children having inate ability to know that things aren't necessarily as they appear. I know I did. So its not hard to believe these same instincts are what tells you that the other "entity"was your father. I,being a father, know that if I can protect my family after my passing I sure as hell will. Great Story, Thanks.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
[at] LouSlips,
While I do agree that could have been the case in this instance, I have to bring it up for the simple reason that we often read about the kid who was too terrified to say a word to anyone about their own experiences, thus carrying that fear with them for the rest of their lives. Often, when both children are affected and only one of them reports what they've seen, the one who said nothing is assumed to have seen nothing and will be kept in the dark (no pun intended) as to what the other had reported so as not to scare them needlessly. Hence, they are then left to deal with the frightening image or experience alone, in the dark, too afraid to move.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-06)
Amberly and Aussie,

I agree it was Dad. And I also agree with Aussie that the other entity was simply there as an opportunistic event, and saw its chance to effect you.

Where I don't quite agree, is that your father "showed up" to protect you. Your dad was already there to protect you from everything, the old woman just did not realize it until he made his presence known.

Javelina, I know. But actually, since Amberly was the one summoned awake, maybe the woman was only there for her?

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
But what about your sister? Why are there so many of these encounters that occur and the siblings are left to defend for themselves? Doesn't anyone go back to help their siblings anymore? I couldn't have lived with myself had I left my sisters there to deal with whatever that evil thing was there by themselves. I'm sorry, but I just had to ask.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
What you saw was the old hag who in my opinion had no right to be around you at such a young age and after such a traumatic loss too... I don't feel she was there for you to mess with... Perhaps she was in the neighborhood looking for someone else, but when your protectors or your guardian being your father picked up on your experience, he came to your aid in a flash and she moved on... Good ridden for that too by the way... I have had an experience or living nightmare with the old hag many years ago and it is one that really test your nerve and character, I guess what helped me get over that was the fact that I showed her no fear... These things seek out people for various reasons... Black magic or from using Ouija boards or in my case frequent obe experiences... I have heard of some people totally braking down and affected traumatically for years to come, due to the nature and terror associated with the attack and mind games she deceitfully enhances on her victims and those who read this who have had a similar experience know what I'm talking about... Thank you for sharing.

Daz
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Great Story here!. It sounds like it was your father trying to protect you from the evil spirit.
In regards to spirits talking/being attracted to you, spirits tend to be attracted to people who can hear, see or feel them. That way, spirits can convey their message accurately.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
such a sweet post thanks for sharing, have to agree with redphx does sound like your dad looking after you all. Hope you post the other experiance you had and yes people on here will like the details that you added 😊
Thanks again for posting
Carl
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
This story makes me smile. I do think that it was your dad protecting his family. Great story and very heart warming in my opinion

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: