You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Who Is This Man?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Is This Man?

 

My name is melissa. I currently live with my mother and my family. I am now engaged to be married. We live in a town house in VA beach. When we first moved in there was a rumor of how a man who use to live here killed himself. I didn't think nothing of it. It wasn't until my boyfriend moved in that things started to seem rocky, arguing and making accusations about cheating. We have been together for 8yrs. Now he is not only my man but my best friend. We do everything together.

One night we were in bed and I was trying to fall asleep, I dosed off when I tried to get up to use the bathroom I couldn't get up, I couldn't move or say anything I felt like I was being pinned down. I just kept like trying to open my eyes and couldn't, finally after all that force holding me down I was released. That night I didn't think nothing of it, just thought that my mind was really exhausted after my long day. About a couple of days later which was 3-28-11 I was again trying to dose off and felt like some one is pinning me down, again I can't move, talk or even open my eyes.

The next day I was furious because I watch paranormal activities and seen a show similar to mine. It worries me because come to find out I'm in the room where the man killed himself, none the less being violated by a man I can't even see.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ericsgirl1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostwolf1800 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-17)
That is called the hag phenonemon, or sleep paralysis. I found an article for you about it, if I were you I would read it. I don't really believe that your house is haunted, though.

Http://www.hauntednc.com/article_sleepparalysis.htm

Hope it helps!
❤ A.R.
BadBoyChugs (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-17)
Sleep Paralysis... I know how tough and scary it is. Trust me!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
I agree with Javelina on this one. This sounds like Sleep paralysis, it is a medical condition I believe. I will post a link for you as well: http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html
And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
Hope this helps 😁.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
ericsgirl1,
Don't freak out, it just makes it last longer. Yes, it sounds EXACTLY like sleep paralysis. I know it feels like someone's in the room, plus you can halucinate during those episodes too and actually see things that aren't there. I'm posting a link to an article on this site that should help you understand what happens and why it happens.

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/ghost-articles/sleep-paralysis.php

Please just follow that link, you'll feel much better once you know the science behind these episodes, because there is an actual cause for this. 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
It does seem to be sleep paralysis, have you recently changed your sleeping routine or arrangements? Another thing to watch and consider is that you have mentioned a bit of arguing going on, this causes negativity within the home, negative energy can attract negative spirits also, so please be mindfull of this. Keep us updated if things continue. All the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
If you want it to leave, command it to go away. Then bless your house. Maybe get a pastor to help you.
Thanks for sharing!
~Jeanine~
motorquest (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
Yeah, don't use a Ouija board. Don't be tempted. I have relatives who regret using them at college. I agree with Otteer, try and record your sleep. And talk all this through with your fiance, maybe he's experianced things too. Maybe moving from the room would be a good option. He could just be grouchy as he's been seeing things he can't explain.
X
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
I have frequent sleep paralysis episodes, when its a wake up situation, I can't move and my eyes will not open and I have difficulty breathing... Like every thing temporarily shuts down as I wake up. When its falling asleep, I can usually open them, but not always. Google sleep paralysis, hopefully once you read about it you will feel better. If physical evidence of attacks show up (you can video your sleep too) scrapes, scratches, bruises etc, call in the big guns.
I agree, no Ouija board... Bad bad bad. Best wishes!
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
The being pinned down and unable to speak sounds similar to sleep paralysis however the being unable to open your eyes makes it sound more paranormal then sleep paralysis. If I was you I would follow the advice of the two previous posters.

Peace
JustCurious
TheDifficultKind78 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
It sounds as if you need to consult a paranormal investigation team or someone who can help you get rid of this entity. This is not a safe situation for you. As JustinEckert mentioned, do not use a Ouija board because this will most likely aggravate the situation and potentially escalate it to a more dangerous level.
JustinEckert (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
Melissa, a few words of advice never ever use a Ouija board it is a terrible idea, two maybe you could consult a paranormal team or your church or even a psychic they will all be able to help you out but its your choice which one to call upon. Good Luck and be safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: