You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Dark Shadow And Hooded Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Shadow And Hooded Figure

 

It started 2 years ago around August I was asleep and I woke up for whatever reason I just woke up and couldn't fall back asleep for a while. I remember just laying trying to find something to fall asleep to when I looked over to the left side of my bed near my door (my room is pretty small so that's about 8 feet away) and even in the dark I saw a dark shadow. It was so dark I could specifically distinguish its size and more importantly tell it from other shadows and the dark. At the time I had no idea what to do so I kind of just laid there and stared at it while rubbing my eyes to make sure it actually was there, it was. This continued for about 2 weeks sometimes it would walk or glide to move next to my bed and just stand there. This scared me so bad that the weeks after it didn't reappear I could barely sleep and would stay up the entire night and sleep in the day just so I always had light to keep it away.

Now that's where it stopped for a while I slowly pulled away from it and continued my school year until one night when I went to a dinner with just my mom (I have two brothers I live with as well) I let her in on what I had seen she told me one of my brothers (oldest) had seen the shadows - yes shadows, there were 2, walking in the hallway down to my door where they stood for a moment then disappeared.

After my talk with my mom once again I tried to push on but now I don't think I can. The brother who saw the shadows as well, is now in college. Recently he told my family that he was in his dorm in the bathroom with the door open shaving and he saw some small about 3-4 foot long short shadow out of the corner of his eye, he turned around and it ran around the room before leaping at him where he felt a bite on his side, then into his room. (the bathroom is slightly separate from the actual bedroom.) He ran in the other room and started screaming that he banished it in the name of God and Jesus protects him. The thing did vanish, and as I said about the bite he had a red mark where he felt it. My brother, when he was little like 3 years old (now 18 soon to be 19), would tell my mom about dreams where he was fighting with the angels with god to fight the demons and the devil, strange for a 3 year old huh?

I was sleeping fine of course those things are always in the back of my mind but lately something has changed and I'm so scared I can't sleep, I turn on the lights, I don't sleep, or I sleep with my mom. I don't see them but I feel like something's there and its scarring me so bad I cry over it or get angry! I haven't made contact with these things but I tried looking it up and it seems to match demons which I can fully go with, but I suppose it also could be a ghost? I'm not sure but if you have any ideas I would love to hear it plus it would be very appreciated! (Oh and yes I prayed when they were there and when I get the feeling at night and have to search my room for it)

Last thing because I know this is getting very long and I also understand that you shouldn't mention dreams unless it completely relates, truthfully I'm not sure if this relates but I thought if I put it out there then maybe it could help. In all my dreams for as long as I could remember I've had a hooded figure with me. I never saw his face he always has pale skin and a black cloak on, but within the last year almost exactly a year actually I started to see a little more. He's very tall has gray or red eyes and black hair. Around last May my closest friend told me about a dream she had with me and mentioned the EXACT same figure I had never told her about this thing and was shocked to hear her mention him. She then explained in every dream I was in he was always right beside me. This then got stranger when I asked about 4 of my other friends about dreams with me in it and they all seemed to agree that only in the dreams I was in this guy was in.

Now based off how this person had always protected me in my dreams and my friends always described him as being totally loving toward me in their dreams I thought this was a good thing, until I tried looking up hooded figures and got unexpected results. This web site was actually the first thing that came up and I read different stories people had with a dark hooded figure to realize that it always was a bad or scary experience. While also looking into this I found the one thing on the earth that could make me fully question this and get fearful of it, with what I found Lucifer (AKA-Devil, fallen angel guy, best known from the bible... I am a christian almost forgot to say) was well described to how I always had seen this figure. It would explain a lot except for how he always was nice no matter what with me. I was hoping for any opinions on this I suppose it could always be some extreme superstition but I think its always good to get some insight.

Overall I would appreciate any input on what I've mentioned, any ideas, help, etc. Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Moondefi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moondefi (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-05)
Warrior_Troy- Oh thank you for the clarification ^. ^ I understand your point better now, thanks!
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
Thanks for your feedback. I want to make a little clarity. I never said that the demons will not try to tempt us or mess with us. However, they should not have mastery over us. They will do their job of, tempting, irritating, lying to us, but if we stand firm they will flee. We can't defeat demons in our own strength, but we do have victory over them if we obey Christ and His word.

Let me give you a couple of verses.

(Jas 4:7) So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you.

(Jas 4:8) Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].

(1Pe 5:8) Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.
Moondefi (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Thanks for the new comments, opinions, etc:) I check every other day or so.

To Szilard- I'm sorry you have to deal with an aggressive hooded figure, recently I had a dream involving the hooded figure/s which after having I did record it and I was considering posting it because since this there have been effects. (I'm not sure if I should post it since it does deal with so much detail of the dream and then I have the effects of it but still not a no) What has started occurring after I had that dream are still not violent but still curious and a bit scary so I do worry. I never believed in hiding, especially not behind something. But I do think the bible is a good thing to know it can't protect us but understanding some of what is happening definitely can help us. Thank you for sharing your experience

I actually have been getting random headaches since I was 7 which lately have gone from once and a while to a day-to-day basis. And around the same time the headaches started I would get bloody noses every single day for as long as an hour. Maybe we are dealing with similar things (though not the same) so you have my support and if you need to share things I think I could understand well. I don't think anyone can every fully understand what someone else has experienced, felt, or seen even if they had been through the same exact situation, but overall I have been working everyday learning as much on these things as I can find:) So I guess I could be a good supporter! I have a few suggestions if you want to email me as I said its on my profile and I check my email every morning and night so I respond quickly. Please be safe with this!

To Warrior Troy- I get where your coming from and respect your point. However I disagree with the part where you say if we are true christians demons would not be able to have claim over our lives. But Jesus himself was effected by demons, they tempted him but he declined and stuck to his love of god and faith. So if a demon could come in contact with our lord could he not come in contact with his people, his followers, his lambs? Although if your agreeing with that link then you also contradicted yourself by saying we can command the demons to leave if they have no claim. By ourselves we can not command demons from our home or our body. I'd like to point out I hope it doesn't seem like I'm speaking in a mean, annoyed, with attitude, etc manner. You spoke your view of it and I reread it a few times to get as much understanding as I could and respect your view, this was just mine.

As I said above I did have a dream involving the hooded figure which if I do get posted it might explain some things! Again thanks for the books link it really did explain many things and propose new info I never/barely knew about.:D Thanks so much!
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
I recommend this book that is in pdf format called demons an eyewitness account. I really believe the testimony of this person and it bears witness with my spirit that it is true. Howard O. Pittman is the name of the author. His heart ruptured and he was literally on his death bed. His spiritual eyes were opened and he was permitted to see into the spirit world. The spirit world is very real, more real than the physical tangible world that we know.

Http://www.unleavenedbreadministries.org/demons-pittman.pdf

Check it out.
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-19)
I have to comment here concerning when you say you are a Christian. This term is used so loosely now and 'everyone' calls them self a Christian. To be a true Christian means to be Christ-like. To be a true Christian means that we are in a process of becoming more like him. (2Ti 2:19) Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

OK, sorry to sound preachy, but I am trying to make a point. If we are true Christians and living Christ-like, demons should have no legal claim over our lives to operate. This means that we can exercise authority over them in the Name of Jesus and command them to leave. They must obey! If they (demons) have legal claims they will attach themselves to us.

So my advice would be to repent & cleanse yourself from all known sin in your life, lying, cheating, stealing, fornication, pride, lust, and the list goes on. This is a process and doesn't happen over night and we will never be perfect on this side of eternity.

When you spiritual house has been cleaned up, you can bind that hooded spirit and tell it to leave.
szilard93 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
I had experience with this hooded figure, but with me he was much more aggressive, sometimes he showed me some crimes before they happened then when I turn on the TV and I heard that someone's died and the description of the circumstances and the person's was exactly as I seen it before.
Sometimes I heard his voice inside my head, but I couldn't understand the words what he was whispering to me, maybe it was an unknown language. One night he came to me, I woke up, and I heard that the floor was creaking and suddenly he arrived to my door. I was so scared so I turned to the wall and I fall asleep.
I thought that he is only a spiritual creature, and he can't hurt me, but I was wrong, he proves that he can hurt me... One day I heard his scream and I felt headache, then I felt that something's coming out my nose, so I put my fingers there, then I saw that it is blood. So he is strong, strong enough to create a storm if you don't believe his existence, or if you want to forget him.
Another strange thing is that, after the visions, I've gotten gifts: talent in drawing (before I've seen him I can't even draw a straight line), intelligence and talent in writing (I never liked reading, and after these paranormal things I wrote a book in my mother-language which is Hungarian).
Why are all these things happened to us? I don't know, but all these happenings have reason, and must be some kind of message in it...
I know it sounds strange, but if we always hide behind the bible, than we can't understand what's happening. So I think it's time to solve this on our own. What if he isn't a bad spirit, and what if he want to tell us something very important.
The only thing that I know is that I know nothing, so I believe that by the time it will be clear.
JimD (431 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
Hi;

I'm very sorry that this has happened. The symptoms are classic demonic harassment - for both your brother and you. The whisperings are magical whisperings and often occur at the same time as do the shadows. Demons are experts at psychological warfare and attempt to isolate all their victims from both family and friends, i.e. A support network.

I counsel frequent Mass and confession, assuming you're Catholic.

I hope you hang in there. It will intensify prior to Easter. Use the phrase "Jesus and Mary help me" - it does help a lot and use Catholic Holy water on your beds, whether Catholic or not, (you mentioned being Christian) especially at night. 9 PM - 6 AM are the pyschic hours, when demonic assaults intensify. Email me at Dukes2352atAOL.com, if you like. God bless you. I'm here if you'd like to talk.
Moondefi (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
So far I really do appreciate all the advise and information. I am being very careful with everything so far. For those who said that there was something spiritual about my brother I very much agree I didn't mention it because I didn't think it relevant but my mom is very into psychics. She does go to the same one usually each time but this specific one said she sensed a power in my brother [though they have never met] and a extreme spiritual connection through me [who she also has not met.] However my other brother was not mentioned in anyway and never had encounters like this which I find pretty strange. Thank you for all the comments and any new comments I try to check on a daily basis so I can use the info. If you have questions or any similar experiences you'd like to share my email is on my profile. Thanks Again!
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
You know, I've already caught some interesting things about your story. Your brother himself is unique. I suggest you stick to him with this stuff. I believe he use to be a warrior for God long ago. Either that or what he saw was a vision of the future. I've been told that hooded figures are usually a high up demon, or if anything, one of Satan's children. Maybe this demon is looking for a wife? Or there is something more about you that we don't know about. I would not be surprised because you are kin to your brother who is already gifted. Possibly this is genetic in a way. Email me if you maybe like to know more.
Newbie77 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
I've suffered from a similar experience throughout my life too. For the time being, it has subsided, but I do at times have experiences. I atrongly believe that the entity you are sensing is a demonic entity. And you are probably right, it probably has been watching you throughout your life. Since you are a christian, I don't have to worry about looking as if I'm trying to indoctrinate you. But, this demon who has been assigned to you, knows that you have the light of God within you. Demons terrorize people who they don't quite have in their clutches yet. They use fear and intimidation... And also temptation. Draw close to God, ALWAYS pray when you sense these presences. Specific scriptures like Psalm 23, Psalm 91, and Psalm 121 are specifically powerful against demonic entities. Demons are attracted to negative energy, so be mindful of that as well.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
I was thinking that it probably was a Demon or Devil who acted Kind to you, but really wasn't. Trust your instincts, they are normally right. I suggest citing the name of Jesus Christ and the Holy Father (God) and ask Him for Protection from Evil; Ask Him to Protect your house, your Family and Yourself from the Evil Entity/Entities.
Love & lIght, Rachel ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
the hooded figure doesn't always mean bad. Most people report scary occurances with it because it would be rather scray to meet wuch a being. Lucifer is still an angel and will always be an angel. He is wrongly depicted in every way. The devil himself doesn't exist people have just learned to personify the meaning of what the devil stands for. It has gotten a little mixed up over the years. Don't be afraid of your hooded figure unless he hurts you. He hasn't done anything mean to you therefore I don't think he is evil in any way
evey777 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
i believe in only angels and demons but I believe they can disuise themselves however the choose. Be careful.
GeminiGoat (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-12)
Moondefi, from what you've explained about you, your brother, and the similar dreams from different people, you and your brother might be sensitive to spirits. Some people are born with the ability to see spirits and communicate with them. I don't know how this happens or why, but don't worry you can have a peaceful life. What makes me think you and your brother are sensitive is the dream your brother had when he was 3 and it seems spirits have also followed your brother or been attracted to him since he left the house. And you have been seeing a dark shadow figure, feeling an oppressive presence, and dreaming about the same cloaked person as 5 of your friends have also been dreaming of, all who also said you were in the dreams too. I don't like the sound of these dreams, keep in mind that the devil can be very kind and charismatic, so don't trust these spirits. I'm a christian too (not a very good one but I'm becoming better), and I just want to say that whatever is doing this can only be stop through God. It can be hard to have faith that he's there in our time of need but he knows better then anyone else what's happening. So keep talking to him because He's the one that's going to save you and everyone else.
DerekBernard23 (5 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-11)
It really does sound like something from below thing is I want to no why they where the hoods.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: