You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sanlang Tira

Real Ghost Stories

Sanlang Tira

 

First of all, I want to take this opportunity to share with you guys my story.

It's quiet a bit long and I apologize for it. I just want to share every detail of it.

My cousin's family (wife and two kids) had just moved to this newly renovated house that he got from his co-seaman as "Sanlang Tira" last Feb.20, 2011. Since my cousin is still on a vessel abroad, me and his younger brother and some cousins decided to help his wife on the first day of the " Lipat Bahay ".

At around 6PM we decided to wrap things up and call it the day since we are very much tired and hungry. We gathered outside and have a BBQ and a little beer to refresh us and from there we took our first dinner on their new house.

While eating and having some fun all of a sudden we were all stunned to hear a very loud

Noise from one of the rooms up stairs. The loud noise is like something had dropped from above causing a very loud bang! We all went up stairs to check. Then we found that this large and heavy wooden cabinet fell down that it looks like somebody had intentionally and angrily knocked it over. We're a bit alarmed to find that out so what we do is we check every room and space inside the new house suspecting that there was an intruder and not thinking of any unexplained things. So we found everything is clear.

As day pass by, my cousin's wife often call us to stay with them in their new home since she and her kids are experiencing some unexplained things. At first her In-Laws decided to accompany them for sometime. Then a week after, I just learned that my cousin's wife decided to stay with her family instead and left the said house since she is very much frightened. According to her she often felt and sees something out of the ordinary.

We then advised her to have the new house blessed and so she did. Then she again moved into the house right after the blessing and this time since there are 4 bedrooms in the house several of us and her In-Laws decided to temporarily accompany the family. This was also been requested by my cousin from abroad which is her husband.

By that time, nothing strange happened so some of us decided to go back into our own home. We all came from different houses just a few blocks from where she lived.

Her In-Laws (Mother and Sister) are the one's who stay with them.

Then last March 20th by the time I got home from work I again learned that my cousin's family left the house again since according to them strange things occurred again and they are really scared and they decided to just rent another house.

Since that there was an investment on that house, my cousin asked us a favor to have somebody to stay and live in the house temporarily until he figured out what to do since he will be coming home for a vacation this coming June. He convinced his younger brother and some of his cousins to stay in the house provided that they will be given P 100 each per day including daily food allowance just to have somebody that could be trusted to look after the house.

Then everything seems to be going normal since every time I talk with my cousins they never mentioned anything scary but indeed they felt something strange. So what I did is every time I have a free time after work or during day-off I stop by the house and have a beer with them. But during those times nothing special happens.

Then yesterday, yes! Just yesterday April 12, 2011. I decided to have a lunch there together with my cousins. I bought several kilos of pork liempo and fish for grilling and of course some beers to lighten up the noon. After our lunch at around 2 in the afternoon we all decided to take a nap. I found a perfect spot at their backyard where there was this " Papag " and of course a perfect shade and normal breeze and immediately I fall asleep.

All of a sudden I woke up to this horrifying dream that I haven't experience for my entire life. I dream or have what we called " Bangungot" wherein there was this lady although I have not seen her face but I can clearly identify that she is a lady.

She sits on top of my chest causing me to have difficulty breathing and then cover my face and choking me using a heavy blanket. I fought myself to wake up from that dream and when I came to my senses and totally woke up. I was shouting, grasping, heavily breathing and full of sweat. Then some of my cousins came to me and asked what happened so I did told them and I was scared as hell and I was nearly in tears. Then what really scared me most is that I found the heavy blanket just besides me and we all can not explain where that blanket came from in the first place. Right after that I go straight home.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MonGapo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-03)
I love reading stories from other cultures. I can relate to your story. There have been stories like yours in our Hindu culture and it can be really creepy. I hope you are feeling much better after that incident. Have you or any of your family members have anymore incidents in the house?

Skrillachilla,
You so rude. It's not to say that you don't have to believe in every "story" that is posted on here and people are entitled to their own opinions but that doesn't mean you have to disrespect the poster. As for "Sorry for the long story", besides calling it a post what else do you want the poster calling it. Many posters come on this websites like this looking for help and if you don't believe them ask questions to verify your doubts and ONLY after that make your decision about being truthful or fake and even then don't be rude.

Mongapo,
I believe that what guyinsane2008 is saying can be true. I'm not saying that your experience isn't true but it is sometimes good to consider another point of view (if not to rule out the human body and mind tricks, at least to calm ourselves down a bit).

Also,
Why don't your family try blessing the house again. Sometimes paranormal beings can be strong and you might have to do more than one cleansing. Just my thought.

Also,
Why don't you and your family have something of religious value in your house. For example, a cross if you are Christian. But this depends on your religion and what you believe in.

Anyways,
Your story is really creepy, especially about finding that blanket beside you. Hope everything goes well and you find some answers. Keep as posted about any new details. 😊
ladyambhie23 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
Terrifying story I experience that thing too! My boyfriend too
guyinsane2008 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
What you do right before you sleep or while you're sleeping may impact on your dreams and ghost experiences. I'm a mover, a very active mover when I sleep. I've sleepwalked a few times and rolled off the bed very often, I've even changed positions with my feet ending up where my head was when I started sleeping. I must cover when I sleep or I will have terrible nightmares (I've gotten over this now through determination). Now here's why I would get some of my nightmares:

1. Whenever my hands rest on my chest I would dream someone is choking the life out of me, I would experience what you would call pressing.

2. Whenever my feet are crossed and I'm lying on my belly, I would dream that something is trying to rape me or lift me off of the bed by my feet.

3. I've also experienced false awakening where I "woke up" to see a person standing at the foot of my bed, I pulled the sheet over my head and then wake up to find that the person is no longer there.

4. My sheet would be pulled away from me (because I move a lot) and I would have all kinds of horrible dreams - one time I dreamt that someone pulled off my sheet and shone a bright green light into my eyes. When I woke up (about 2 0r 3 am) I was seeing the green halo effect and found my sheet on the floor.

I believe our subconscious thoughts and fears fuel our imaginations and bring our perceptions into reality through our dreams. False awakenings, night terrors and sleep paralysis may account for some of our supernatural experiences but when you are wide awake and feel the tingling sensation creep up your legs while you're at work, rationality goes out the window.
enchantedskull (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
Are you sure you didn't sleep walk and put the blanket over your head accidentally? If so, then that would trigger suffocation in your dream.
daylightsunshine (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
The dream at the last part is silmar to one my old enaish teacher told the class about. He said it called a "old hag dream" or something. And the dream the "hag" was pressing down on his chest and when he work up he could still see the "Hag"
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
Skrilla maybe you shouldn't be on a ghost story site commenting. Case closed! But this is a sad story. I can't stand it when I'm alone with my kids & the creeps come over to play scary time. I hope this spirit doesn't one day follow you home.

LSD

This comment from skrillachilla is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Sandy (3 stories) (48 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Mongapo what a interesting story! That is so weird how that blanket just showed up. I would have went home after that too! And its the whole family that is experiencing this as well. Again, I always try to do research on the area (HOUSE,LAND) to see what could be causing this. I hope things get better for u. ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Wow, that fits right in with the common mythology of of your country; an old hag sitting on people's chest, squeezing the breath out of them while they can't move. I googled Bangungot to see what that meant. It's also associated with SUDS (sudden unexpected death syndrome) and our ole buddy sleep paralysis. What makes it so creepy is... How to explain the blanket?
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: