You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Figure Through The Glass

Real Ghost Stories

Figure Through The Glass

 

I haven't had many paranormal experiences but I remember this one clearly. I live with my mum and two dogs. She was working that night so it was just me and the dogs.

Our back door is attached to the kitchen. The door is plain glass so you can see straight out to the back garden. I went down to the kitchen to do the washing up. My dog, Beauty, was also in the kitchen with me. As I was washing up, she started to growl. I didn't turn around at first because I just thought she must have heard something outside. She started again, so this time I turned around to tell her to be quiet. As soon as I turned around, I noticed that she was staring at the back door. She was absolutely fixated on the door.

I looked to where she was staring and through the glass, as clear as day, was a man standing on the back step. He wasn't saying anything or doing anything, just standing there. He wasn't wearing old fashioned clothes or anything like that. He didn't look like a "ghost". It felt like he was staring straight at me. Once I'd registered what I'd just seen, he'd gone. At that same time, Beauty stopped growling and lost interest in staring at the door.

I tried to be rational about it but I just couldn't make any sense of it. We have an outside light so if anyone was to walk down our garden path it would switch on. Our back gate makes a noise so you'd hear if somebody had opened it. As soon as this "person" disappeared I opened the back door straight away to see who it was. Nobody could have run away that fast.

Our house is a few doors down from a church and a grave yard so maybe it could have something to do with that. I never saw this "person" again but I'll always remember that night. Sadly, Beauty died last year but I like to think she's watching over me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BloodRed, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

clo-clo (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Very brave to be opening the backdoor once you thought there was a man in the garden... I would have been like *casually walk over close the curtains* but that's actually something that really freaks me out is looking out into the dark and seeing like a face pressed up against the window or something... ❤
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
It would make sense that animals would hear entities and not need to see them, some animals are colour blind so they may see less than us. I've had an experience with an entity, fully awake and fully aware of what it was doing. When the activity began some of my neighbours' dogs began barking and stopped only after the entity's activity was over. They could not possibly see anything but I guess static electricity probably gives off some sort of low frequency noise.
midnight1105 (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
Hmm interesting! It has been said quite a lot that animals are very spiritual beings and can sense a great deal of emotion and paranormal things. If you say your house is near a graveyard, perhaps it is a spirit who felt a bit lonely and/or confused and wasn't sure where to go. If you see another spirit like this, tell them to go towards the light and move on. Sometimes, they need a little permission or a little push to help them move on. Don't be alarmed though! It's great that your dog picked up on such a thing and was there for you. I am sure that your doggy is up there watching you and protecting you like she did on earth! 😊
skrillachilla (2 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Animals don't "SEE" things that we can't see. They see exactly what we see. They only hear frequency's we can't hear, and have an a much stronger sense of smell. Which is why animals can hear the VERY low frequency's of earthquakes and tsunami's, but no... They don't "SEE" what we don't see, they just sense it with their hightened senses. WORD>
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
I'm sorry hear about beauty she sure have pretty name and Dog do see thing that we can't see... You might be right that the man that you and beauty saw most had came from grave by the church.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
That would have scared me to death. Some how, the thought of human intruders lurking outside scares me more than ghost intruders inside! I would have thought it was a human intruder and just freaked out!
Sounds like this entity was just passing through, who knows he could been a long lost friend of your mothers who just passed away and was making his rounds before walking over.
Thanks for sharing, and, sorry for your loss of Beauty.
aiafaith1 (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
No Sandy123. No, no, no. We all have sense, all of the people on this site do. What I don't seem to understand why that you go around commenting on stories making people feel bad, when they very well know their stories are true.
BloodRed (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
No, I've never investigated the graveyard because I don't really know what to look for. He could have been anyone. I walk through that graveyard everyday on my way to work. Maybe I disturbed something?
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Good read. Thanks for sharing. I am curious about the graveyard nearby. Did you ever investigate?
brenttan (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Interesting read, BloodRed. Thanks for sharing. Yes, animals tend to be more sensitive psychically than most humans.
BloodRed (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Thank you for your comments:) Like I said, I haven't had many paranormal experiences but this one I remember clearly. I guess I'll never know who the "person" was.
thebee (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
Great read thanks alot, I believe not only are dogs sensitive to spirits, they are also able to know at first instinct whether a person is good or bad. Sorry for your loss
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
BloodRed: strange but very interesting story. Thank-you for sharing. I just think this Spirit was a random Spirit who probably just wanted to freak you out a bit. Dogs normally do not act like that, unless it is something paranormal.
My condolences for your loss. Beauty will always be watching over you.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
interesting story thanks for sharing.
Now with a graveyard down the road it could have been a wandering spirit visiting or a passed family member (one you did not know)
And yes your dog beauty will be watching you and with you from time to time too most pets pop back to check on their family and owners.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: