You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Office Ghost Makes Me Feel Uneasy

Real Ghost Stories

Our Office Ghost Makes Me Feel Uneasy

 

The firm I am currently working for is situated in an area full of history. The firm has been trading on these premises (farm) for the last +/- 60 years. I have been working for this firm for 12 years (8 years in this specific building) and have been experiencing some odd noises and events within this time period. I would like to know what the other readers think and probably give some sort of explanation to what is happening in this office.

My shift starts at 06h00 am every morning until 16h00 pm. The noises really freak me out as I am the first one at the office every morning. My office is located about 10 feet from the main entrance. I can certainly hear footsteps at the main entrance, very loud and very clear. It continues for about 5 seconds and then it's quiet. As if someone is walking into the building. This happens quite often. As soon as I hear these footsteps, I run as quickly as I can to see if someone is there. Surprise...nobody.

One morning, the same thing happened and I jumped up to see that was entering the office and I could hear these footsteps running down the passage towards the computer room. I looked towards the computer room until the footsteps were gone, there was no person in sight, but the running footsteps were so clear.

Every morning I can hear some sort of knocking noise on the dry-walling. At times it would sound like its close by and other times it would be as if someone is knocking on the door of the last office.

The footsteps and knocking noises stop at around 07h15. I cannot trace any other noises caused by anything else, because this is a farm and VERY VERY quiet so early in the morning. It must be some sort of a spirit or ghost... I think.

In the middle of the office building, we have our fax machine. We have windows between this area and the office next to it (you can actually see into the next office). Every morning when I go to the fax machine to sort the overnight faxes, I can feel a chill and get the feeling that I am not alone. Whenever I get this feeling, I don't look up into the windows, scared that I might see something I don't want to see. One morning I did actually see a movement behind me, a reflection I saw in the window. It was so quick that I was not able to identify anything specific. It's difficult to explain the exact feeling, but it's a clear message that means "Run, get away as quickly as possible".

One of the ladies in our office worked a bit late one night. As she was leaving the building and walking towards her vehicle, she looked back to make sure that she turned off the light. As she was looking towards the office, she saw the blinds move open on one side of the window, as if somebody was peeking through the window. Needless to say, she immediately left the premises a scared woman. She told us about it the very next morning.

Why is it that I get this feeling that I am not alone in the office at 06h00 in the morning? Why these footsteps (sometimes walking casually and sometimes running), the chilly hair-raising-you-are-not-alone feeling at the fax machine area?

The fact is, besides being a very old piece of land and being used as concentration camps in the very early 1900's, we also know for a fact that a man committed suicide in the building next door, but he did have a connection with our building and did a lot of work in our computer room. He was very upset the day when he committed suicide and also visited our building, to speak to someone, a few minutes before the incident. However, he could not find that person that day.

Do you think he is probably still looking for that person? I would really like to get as much views on this as possible and possible explanations. It's really uncomfortable so early in the morning, not knowing what exactly is going on. What can one do to let him know that the person he is looking for is no longer working here?

In my opinion, the noises and happenings must be from this guy. Nobody experienced any weird things before he committed suicide. It all started happening some time after his death. What is he still doing here? What does he want?

Thanks guys

Other hauntings by Chris004

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chris004, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
Haha, yes Chris it gave me the heebie jeebies! Thank you so much for sharing and please post if anything else happens!
Chris004 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Hey guys, thanks for all the comments. I was away for the Easter Weekend and only got to all the comments now.
I will try my best to answer all of you;

Hinata565: The good news is, we are moving later in the year. We have 3 buildings on the premises and our offices will be moving to building number 3, about 200 meters away from this one.

Lilady4: Aah thanks a mil. I still think its the guy who committed suicide.

Angel81: To be honest, I am so freaked out when it happens, I always decide to go for a "smoke-break". But great idea, I think I should leave a cam-coder to see if anything appears on there.

Snowhite: Thanks for the advice. I think I must do that and see what happens!

Otteer: I agree. I know the guy who committed suicide. I met him back in Feb 2001. He committed suicide in Oct 2001. Since we suspect that it might be him, we named the "spirit" ALFRED. Maybe I should call him by name, whenever I hear him in the office.

Evilkitty65: Yeah thanks, that was my question too. I have no idea why he was running. I must admit, that sound just made me &^%* in my pants!

James: Thanks buddy. You have a good point there. Its also possible that it might have been the case. I did mention earlier, that I know the name of the guy who committed suicide. That might also be of some help.

MysteryVin: Thanks for offering your help. We will, however, be moving to another building on the premises. This building will be rented out and will be interesting to see what the new tenants experience! We are located in Pretoria.

Aiafaith1: Ah, great to learn that you have read the story. Hope you enjoyed it (and gave you a few chills?). I have to agree with you. I also think its the guy who committed suicide. I will keep everyone updated.

Dylanbed: Wow, I don't want to be in your shoes! But I agree, I think he wants to be here and find that person he was looking for that day.

Imarealghost: I understand what you mean. Almost like "It's all in your mind" kind of thing. I have thought of it before, but the clear noise of running footsteps down to the computer room, changed my mind about it. I know, there is something in this office.
We don't have security cams in the building, but nothing stops me from recording on my phone. I will do that and let you know. Thank for reading!

Zaphiod: I have given a thought to that, but in winter times, its still VERY dark when I get here and still very cold. Sunrise would only be around 07h00, almost time for when the noises stops! At times, I can hear the expansion of the joints, as some of the walls are made of wood. Thats a totally different noise than the knocking noises I hear. What I hear is a clear knocking noise. Good thought and thanks for thinking of that!

I hope I have covered all the comments. My biggest worry for now is that its winter time and it will be very dark when I get here in the morning. All alone!
Cannot wait to move to building 3. Should be around October/November.
I will, however, keep you guys updated.
Thanks a lot guys and girls. You all helped me a lot.
zaphiod (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
I was wondering bout the knocking noises what time does the heating come on? And try to see if it's related to the sun coming up. I used to live in a house which had perfect footsteps across the ceiling, but in reality it was just heat expansion on the joists. (Tho I spent a long time crapping my pants until I worked that out!)
Imarealghost (2 stories) (39 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-25)
I loved this one, thanks for posting. I can't offer any advice...well... I could but you have already decided in your mind that it can't be anything other than a ghost... But if I was to offer anything, it would be to try and debunk it and rule out anything ghosty first. What about getting a group of people together, if possible, setting up cameras where things usually happen? What about security cams? Things like that? Is any of that possible?

I think I could offer a possible explanation for what you saw in the windows near the fax machine. If you are in a house with people in broad day light, you hear all types of noises and think nothing of them, you could feel something on your arm, leg, head that would cause you to scratch it, it happens all the time to everyone and you don't even think about it. However, if you go into an empty house, with some kind of knowledge that its haunted, you are all alone and everywhere is quiet, and its dark outside, you are then in a totally different state of mind. You go in there afraid that the place is actually haunted, afraid of seeing/hearing things. Your creeped out from the start so every little knock, creek, breeze, tap, or something you think you see at the corner of your eye which makes you turn quickly, all of your senses are (cant think of the word)...so everything is exaggerated in your mind. I can't explain it well enough, but I hope you know what I mean. Anyway, that's just a thought... I could be wrong ofcourse!
dylanbed (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
sound like to me the ghost have a reason to be there if you tell the ghost that guy not there it may leave but ghost won't leave unless it want to ghost just will let you knew it is there most likey don't want to hurt you should just relax evertime when it happen and go back to work.

You feeling that "not feel alone" that normal I beleave that everybody have that feeling when ghost around you lucky you have what I have ghost can talk though me meaning that they talk in my head and I can see them more then they want me too I have to ask you something do you beleave that a person can be haunted as well as a building because I alway feel someone with me ever since I have a ouija board
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
Chris004, I finally had time to read your story. This is very interesting. I do think that the man who comitted suicide might be the source to the noises and other stuff. Thanks for sharing, please let us know if anything else happens!:)
MysteryVin (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-24)
Where do you work I think I can help you if I know where you work.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Chris004--Good account, and if you wish to make an effort at the spirit's identity, some good suggestions have been made. Are you certain there is only one entity? On the site of a former concetration camp (the Boer War perhaps?), it's conceivable someone was trying to flee, was instantly killed, and is repeating the effort.
If you procure the name of the man who killed himself, you might prepare a few specific remarks and call his name next time you hear the running.
Good luck ~ James
evilkitty75 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
WOW man! That is kind of scary. 😢 I wonder why he/she runs what are they doing?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Wow, that would be uncomfortable! I think you are onto something regarding the ghost being that of the person who committed suicide however one never knows for sure. If you want to find out you will have to get pro active in the reseach. Personally, since its occuring regularly, I would run a digitial tape recorder. Maybe at your desk at 0600 and in the fax room to see if you can catch something. Ask it who it is, if you get a name, you can address it directly. The photo idea is good too. You may be feeling its anquish in the fax room, not necessarily a warning. I would also do as others suggested and tell him he is not forgotten and its time to go to the light to see his loved ones and end with a prayer.
Keep us updated
snowhite (203 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
Maybe you need to tell the spirit the person he is looking for is no longer there, you are sorry for what had happened to him, but he needs to move to the light since you do not feel comfortable. Tell him nicely but also not be scared. You give him a command in a nice but firm way. You can also say a prayer and ask God to help you and the spirit.
angel81 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
hello chris,
It was scary one... But nice story. Try to take some photographs when you hear this sound... Just a thought... You might find something.

Peace
Angel 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
Chris004: It probably is the spirit of the Man who committed Suicide. In times of distress and when people die in a place, their Spirit can be "trapped" there. I think that you are spot on in saying that it probably is the Man who committed Suicide. Maybe try and communicate with him.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
hinata565 (1 stories) (7 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-04-21)
well I wached this show where somone had a story kind of like yours and they had a video. The people in there
Moved to another building far away from there
If you really are freaked see if you can work in another building
😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: