You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Mischeif Maker

Real Ghost Stories

Mischeif Maker

 

I have been living in the same house for nine years now and weird things have been happening since my family moved into the home. We have a four bedroom two story house and there are seven of us living in it. I live upstairs in the attic which is by far the one room in the entire house that gets the most activity.

Loud footsteps can be heard walking across the floor, books and mirrors will get knocked over, other things will be misplaced and lost for days and show up in the oddest of places.

Well one day my dad had come home from work early for lunch and no one else was home. He said that before walking into our house he got chills and something made him look up at my bedroom window.

He told me that there was a young man with black hair looking down at him, as if he was giving my dad this disgusted look. Now my dad is no chicken and he quickly entered our house thinking that this intruder had broken in. Running straight up the stairs to confront the stranger, my dad had walked into my room to find no one there.

At first he was perplexed and looked around to see if the man was hiding somewhere in my room but he couldn't find any trace of another person. Nor could he find anything missing. Perplexed he was going to check if the man had some how slipped past him and hid elsewhere in the house.

But when he turned to walk out of my room, my bedroom door shut in his face. He couldn't get the door to open and books fell off my bookshelf. He panicked and tried to pry my door open, and when it finally did open he said that he ran out and it slammed behind him. My dad ran right back out of the house to his truck and when he looked back up at my window the man was there again with an amused smirk on his face.

My dad stayed in the driveway until my mom and I got home. He told us what had happened. I was skeptical of his story and walked up to my room boldly with my mom following me. We walked upstairs and my room had been trashed. It looked like a tornado had hit it. I really don't know what had happened that day in my bedroom but it wasn't the first weird thing to happen in it and I am sure it won't be the last.

Is anyone else out there experiencing this?

Other hauntings by ShadowDancer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShadowDancer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ShadowDancer (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
okay so I have been spending a ridiculous amount of time and effort into trying to figure out who and why this young man is and why they are haunting me. I wrote down every dream I have had that he had appeared in and eveything I could find out about him. And this is what I can tell you: he is of asain decent has light tan brown skin and black hair that reaches just to his jaw. He has a small mustach and goatee on his chin. During my haunting experiances this spirit had written a word on a mirror in the house. I looked up the word and it ended up being the name of a college in Malaysia called SEGi university. All the other things I have found on him all pin point him to malaysia. A few people in my family have admittedly seen this young man now. And we don't know what he wants or if he is a actual ghost or not. Another weird thing about him is my sisters and grandmother have claimed to have also seen him and like me he has moved his lips like he wanted to talk or thought he was but no sound ever escapes his lips. Can anybody help me or explain this please
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
ShadowDancer,
One place you can get info is at the city offices. Call them first and tell them what you need and they should steer you to the correct office. For history of the area there are a couple of different things you can do. Every town has a Historical Society, go there instead of asking for the info over the phone. It's worth it to do it that way as you will find other things about it if you have physical access to what they are looking at. Next, the town librarian can help you with newspaper searches, try to get the dates of the sale of your home first so you have approximate dates to refer to. Lastly, if you have a University in your area, go to the Library/Library Sciences building. Talk to the Librarian on duty. If this is a student go ahead and tell them why you need the info. A student of the Library Sciences would love nothing better than to assist in a mystery or haunting, and you may get all kinds of info that way than you wouldn't have gotten if you went about it through the normal channels.
Hope this helps some.

Jav
ShadowDancer (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
for example when we had first moved into the house I was laying in bed fast asleep when the door to my room had opened, Normally this would have gone unnoticed I am a heavy sleeper. But the door to my bedroom squeaks loudly as do the old floorboards so when it had opened the noise had woke me. At first I thought it had been my younger brother or my sister they usually go to my room when they have a nightmare.
I myself try to portray a cocky confidence when they are afraid to make them feel safe. I called out to them but neither of my siblings had answered I sat up squinting in the dark to see a dark figure standing in the door. The shape itself did not match anyone in my family, thinking my eyes were playing tricks on me I asked who was there? Not shortly after my door slammed shut and the sounds of footsteps could be heard running across the attic. I had really thought it was one of my younger siblings and got out of bed to yell at them. But I was surprised to hear my step dad yelling at me to be quite because the kids were all asleep. I stood there stunned and didn't know what had happened. I thought my mind had played tricks on me and shook it off and went back to sleep.
The next morning I woke up and my parents were angry with me and asked what I had been doing in my room all night. My mom said that she kept hearing me walk back and forth upstairs, she heard the radio turn on, a shuffling noise like I was moving something, me opening and shutting the doors. But I had slept the whole night except when I had first heard the door open.
ShadowDancer (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
good gravy you all posted so much it took forever to find the actual questions you had asked. I think I have found them all so here goes. Somebody asked what kind of man my dad is? Well to answer this man is not my real father but my step father he is a stern quick to temper man and is usually quite mean at least towards me. I know that this sounds like I am exaggerating but when something goes wrong I am generally the person he points the blame at.
When this had hapend I was seventeen, many other things do happen in the house but its not always something as odd as this.
Weird occurrences such as hearing footsteps upstairs, and the door opening and squeaking closed are quite common when no one is up there. More on one occasion a mirror or picture frame will be cracked, and on another day my little sisters stuffed animal had been ripped open.
To my knowledge this creature has never hurt anyone in our house, but has scared the bejeezus out of my siblings. I am the oldest out of five kids. When I am watching my younger siblings there have been nights when my little bother has said that he was scared and wanted to sleep in my room with me but would refuse to tell me what was scaring him. There were a few time when we had first moved in when I myself had gotten scared.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
Miracles: great minds and all! 😆...You beat me to the punch, again! ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
ShadowDancer: Thank you for replying, and there have been some problems lately with the amount of submissions vs. Editors... The site has been overwhelmed... Please accept my apology for having doubted the credibility of your account, but as you can see, I was not alone in my assumption...

May I suggest that you read through the comments, and answer the questions posed first, so we can go from there in assisting you?...

But, my advice for you is to find a reputable medium, or paranormal investigator in your area, and have them help you understand what it is exactly that you're dealing with... This may be nothing more than an upset, frustrated spirit, trying to get your attention and needing assistance in crossing over... 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
ShadowDancer - in order to help you, we actually need you to answer the questions that have been asked. So, since you now have access to a computer, if you would read through the comments and find the ones that ask questions directly related to you and your story and answer them, we very well might have some help advice.

Without answers to our questions, we are right where we started.
ShadowDancer (2 stories) (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
the stories here take way to long to post and I don't have the patience or computer skills to deal with trying to understand how things work, again my apollogies. For anyone who is willing to help me this is all I know of what's going on and about the house. My house itself is by far the oldest on our street it is two stories high with an attic (which is where I sleep) it is a brick house. I looked everywhere to try to find information on the house and when it was built but had no luck. An to be honest I don't know where to look, the only information I found on the previous family living here is that it was a single parent with two sons.
As far as how things have been going in the house itself I would love to say that the strange things have stopped but they havent. We own four dogs who all stay outside the only one who is allowed in the house refuses to come in anymore. I was advised to burn white sage in the house, and to hang up bells near the doors. I was told that if a ghost passed through the doors that the bell would sound and frighten the spirit. But when ever I leave the house and return the bells aren't hanging anymore they always end up on the floor. Do any of you have some useful advice for me?
ShadowDancer (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
i have been rather busy lately trying to fnd information on the house and anyone who had any experiances like the ones I have been having. But I am having no luck, I can't find the previous home owner or any information on the house iself. I don't even know if what I am dealing with is a ghost or something else entirly. I do not ask that any of you beilive what is happening to me because I don't care if you do or not. All I am looking for is answers and help with what is proving to be a expanding problem. I am exhausted and don't know what to do anymore.
ShadowDancer (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-25)
😭 my appologies for not postig sonner
This may sound unbeilive abe ut my family doesn't actualy own a computer the only times that I can get on is when I am visting my grandparents. Which isn't very often. I will try to post more often when I can. I need help and I feel like I am going in circles.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
Javelina - now crap! I don't want to be in the dream 😆. Okay, let me know when you remember the details. Maybe we can figure it out.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
Ok, I had a dream about this story earlier. When I woke up and looked at the clock, I only slept for 4 hours. Never the less, I was wide awake. And this has been bothering me ever since.
There's something we're all missing, I can feel it. Now I just have to find it.

Jav

PS~Marjie, you were in the dream too.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
[at] 510mot and Miracles,
Just to set the record straight guys, I'm the one who brought up the fact that there were two stories by this author and his absence or refusal to participate in the discussion, after agreeing that he would was what prompted me to bring it up in the first place. I've only stayed away from it because of the debate. That shouldn't be. I'm one who welcomes debate, and my hands are numb from holding back (that one for you Mike).
But, no one was mentioning the other story at all and I finally had to jump in. I never felt good about either one of these stories, from the start I felt there was just too much of a TV movie feel to it, and I held back to see how it would shake out. None of us can answer for the OP, we weren't there. And although there are times when debunking can be a good thing, if the OP refuses to stick up for himself and his claims, it just falls flat.
I still have questions about the two accounts. But I'm not going to start a big war over it. So I'm going to take my opinion and leave this story, because as far as I'm concerned, it's just not worth the headache when the author won't show.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
I have been chastised for this before but like I care! Failure to do what you say you'll do is a blemish on your credibility and, since paranormal stories fly in the face of common sense, the credibilty of the story as well.Sure,there are exceptions but when other issues regarding believability arise,don't expect the benefit of the doubt from me. If my problems had gotten so bad that I went to strangers on the internet for help I sure as hell would find a way to reap the benefit of that help.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
510mot,
I always wonder about the people who write the stories and don't show up again.
In this case he wrote two stories, submitted them on the same date, did not mention they were two parts of the same experience, and then never returned. Or at least never returned any answers for any of the questions asked.
It just seems odd to me that someone would search for a site to submit their experiences, request assistance, and disappear. On the one hand, we hope nothing bad happened to them stemming from the experiences they had written about here. On the other hand, if the story was weak already, or it was too much like a scripted situation for a TV movie, there would be no reason to return to answer for anything. They got what they wanted by reading the responses.
I swear I think that's the case with some of the more wild stories that get submitted. We're like a focus group for them, only we don't get paid for our opinions. They just want to see what will pass the smell test. And then, judging by the amount of positive vs. Negative responses, that tells them what will sink and what will swim.
Just a theory but, in my opinion, this theory has legs.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Smokey - yes, there are two stories by the author. And both of those stories are dated the same date. So, my theory could still be in play here 😉. And I'll give you that same consideration.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Good eye,Smoke.Lets face it, there are those who use the site to vent their creative tendencies. Nothing inherently evil but dishonest,nonetheless.Were I here for entertainment sake I would have nothing to say. Since my interest in this site stems from it's insistence on truth, I feel obliged say a lot. There are many people here whose expertise is more befitting to helping those with paranormal problems. My particular skills have proven indispensable in recognizing duplicity and outright lies. So its what I do.
Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Who ever that "Ghost" was, must of really loved pranking... Do you have any history of that house?
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Miracles, there were two stories by said author and neither one they elected to comment.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
I think what you guys are doing here is a good thing. This site offers help to persons who have real problems with the paranormal and need answers. I've read many stories that sound like people are in real pain both physically and emotionally and the level of support shown by the forum members is indeed commendable.

However, some people are making a mockery of the site and its good works by coming here and posting fictional stories... Just for the fun of it - like the LOKI girl and the other one who was caught a few days ago.

Every author should be able to defend his/her story as they must understand that people who are contributing are looking to help them and as such have a right to "feel" that the story is real before they use their precious time to assist someone.

How would you feel to share personal experiences with someone whom you feel could benefit from the suffering you went through only to find out in the end that the person was just fooling around? I would have felt used, hurt and pi$$ed.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
Loganz_sis,
None taken, it's just that a lot of times if you comment on a story and ask a question, you can get shouted down just for asking. Or there will be a debate over an issue, and each poster will speak their mind on why they do or don't agree on a certain point, and someone completely uninvolved in the debate, and has yet to read the story, will start moaning about how there's too much drama. And most times it isn't as big a deal as they are now complaining that it is, and all they've added is discontent to a situation that, if left alone may have worked out equitably. And if it didn't, they've still done nothing but complain. Which is just adding their own drama, and on it goes.
I, myself, welcome debate where it's warranted, and have changed my mind because the other persons point made more sense than mine.
Then again, I've also been involved in some of the BIG ones that didn't turn out so well either. But, it is what it is. And it's been going on like this for centuries, sometimes progress is made, sometimes not. But I certainly wouldn't change it. That would be boring, and I can't live with boring.
😊
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
DC...cool new name Javelina:)

I know what you are saying... But so many times I have just not commented on stories because there were so many parallel arguments going on, on the comments section about who said what... So please take no offense to what I say. I meant well:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
Loganz_sis,
It sounds good, but I've gone back and read some of the really old stories and there were some pretty heated debates, even then, about the validity of some of the claims being made. What some see as arguments and fights, are most times debates. There is a difference, and trying to stifle someones honest questions would only discourage them from ever coming back. And not every story gets challenged anyway. But the ones that do, have many times stood up to the challenges laid before them, and those authors have stuck around and continue to contribute to this day. The forum provided on this site encourages this kind of back and forth. And that's not something you find a whole lot of out there. Every other site I've visited so far, is more of a "mail it in and we might post it up" type format that bores me to tears.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
Why does every story in here have to be proved to every person who wants proof to believe the story is true?!

Can we all not just do what we initially intended to do on YGS, share and care... If you can help - do so. If not- move on to the next story!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
ShadowDancer,
You have two stories where you say that you agree to participate in the discussion yet you haven't seen fit to do so.
Your second story "Making Contact" is not advertised as a part 2 to this story, when it's quite clearly the case. So what's the deal? You not showing up to answer questions that have been asked looks very suspicious to myself and others.
There's been a debate on this thread about the validity of your claims and your absence is not helping at all. Should you refuse to answer the questions posed to you, it will only go toward rebuking the claims you've made. That's too bad, as we were ready to stand with you, but now... 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Hmmm...just realized I made a mistake on my last comment and I need to clarify. When I said I took away my daughter's cell, iphone,etc. I meant to say I took away my daughter's cell, "ipod", etc.

Sorry about the confusion.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Smokey - I deliberated all night about posting this comment, simply because it's going to appear as if I'm arguing with you 😆 or trying to prove your point wrong. I actually agree with your point; however, I do want to play devil's advocate here for a few seconds.

Since I'm not sure how old the o/p is, I'm just providing an example based on my own experience. So take it for that and that alone. When my daughter was 15, she got into some serious trouble. Oh, I mean serious. I grounded her for 3 months. Took away her cell, her iphone, turned off the internet (yes, I actually called the cable company and disconnected our internet service). She didn't go anywhere without me. We live out in the "boonies" and she had no friends who drove, so she couldn't go anywhere unless she was with me LOL.

So, devil's advocate here, there may be something going on that we don't know about. Then again, this could just be one of those stories that are too numerous on this site.
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
In my opinion, that is where the true disbelief of a story comes in to play. I don't believe a story that has been up for X amount of days/weeks/months and the author has had nothing to contribute to the conversation. So in light of this story being posted on 19Apr2011 and being that it is now 13May2011 with zero feedback from the author, I am only more committed to my belief this story is not only "hard to believe" but an outright lie to get comments or stir the pot. When I posted all three of my stories I watched the forum like a hawk to respond to anything someone said because I wanted to discuss it.

"The author, ShadowDancer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced."
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Smokey: Yeah, it makes you think when someone asks that type of question, or says they need help and then don't bother to respond 😕...This O/P has two stories that haven't been responded to by them...?...
SmokeyKnight (3 stories) (193 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
Does it ever strike people as odd that a story like this gets so much feed back but the author either doesn't respond or takes weeks if not months to come back? Generally speaking an incident like this would make me want to come back and discuss it. Especially when the author asks "is anyone else having this problem?".

I think the answer to the aforementioned question is "yes, many people do have similar situations come up".

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: