You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Making Contact

Real Ghost Stories

Making Contact

 

In January, with all the strange things going on at my house, I asked a friend what he thought could be in my house. After a long discussion he said that he wasn't sure on what it could be, I'm pretty sure he thought I had an over active imagination. But I was persistent on getting help, so after much arguing he finally handed me a small hand held voice recorder.

He then advised me to wait until everyone was gone and go around the house asking whatever it was in the house questions. The idea of doing so seemed terrifying so I asked a friend of mine to join me in this task. She liked the idea and thought it would be fun to try and make contact.

So one Saturday night around nine o'clock, we started the investigation. The rest of my family had gone to my grandmother's house for the weekend, so we had the house to ourselves. Careful not to catch any weird or unnecessary noises my friend and I had turned off all the electronic devices in the house. Then we turned on the voice recorder and started walking upstairs where most of the weird occurrences take place.

My friend was giggling nervously and I started asking some basic questions. I had asked, "Is anyone there?" "Do you live in my attic?" "Do you have a name?" and "How old are you?"

After we finished we sat in my room and played back the voice recording. After the first question "Is anyone there?" a males voice answered saying "yes."

I was a bit shaken but my friend wanted to continue, so we continued to listen to the voice recorder. The second question got an answer to "Do you live in the attic?" the same males voice responded with "Do you?" he never answered the remaining questions we had asked, but the fact that whatever it was had answered is enough to rattle me.

This is one of many strange things that have happened in my house, whatever this thing is, ghost or demon he is the only thing that has seemed persistent enough with making sure I know he is there.

Other hauntings by ShadowDancer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShadowDancer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ShadowDancer (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Okay so I amin need of assistanc because I am starting to think that the man I am being haunted by isn't a ghost at all. I am starting to think he is a real breathing human being. But I am not ahundred precent sure on how to find out who he is or why I keep seeing him. Can anyone help give me good advice I think I have located where he is from
ShadowDancer (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
So I was talking to my grandmother about what has been going on with me and she and my grandpa sat and listened to my stories of what had happened to me in this house. After my grandpa had laughed at me and said that it sounded like when I was younger. I asked him what he meant and he said that when I was a child I used to be very quite and didn't really have many friends. Which I had already knew was true. But he added that when I was five I had and imaginary friend named Seiji (I maybe spelling that wrong I am just guessing that's how its spelled.) He said that I would sit in my room or outside and talk and play with Seiji all the time, and whenever I broke or lost something that I would blame my so called friend. Now this information baffled me I didn't remember having an imaginary friend or reconise the name at all. I asked my grandpa if he was sure about it and he said that he was positive that I had.
My grandma even confirmed the story and said that I used to draw pictures of my friend all the time they seemed surprised that I didn't remembrance him they said I would talk about him and play with him all the time and hadn't stopped until I was eight years old. She even had showed me some of the drawings I had done. This has left me curious if this could have anything to do with my strange experiances? I would love to hear any comments about this please and will update as soon as I learn new info.
ShadowDancer (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
I thank you all for the comments and advice, quit a bit has happened in my last postings. I will try and write about them tonight because I have some free time. If anyone can advise me on how to find information on previous tenats I would love the help. Because I have no idea where to search.
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
I do not get a good feeling when I read this. I don't think this spirit is friendly at all. If you do not want him there, next time you are alone, I would take the recorder again and tell it to leave. Tell him it is your house now and he is no longer welcome. Tell him to find somewhere else to live. Do not show you are afraid! If it sees you are afraid, it can continue messing with you and make you more and more feerful of him. Then see what comes up on the recording. If it is a stuburn spirit/demon and refuses to leave, I would contact a pastor and have your house prayed over telling all spirits to leave the house. Well good luck! I hope things work out.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
When it comes to angry or mischievous spirits like this, there usually are a number of ways that have been tested by many users here and worked for them. My personal philosophy is that if it's a bad enough situation, try everything before your last resort (moving). For example, the first thing you can do is just tell this entity out loud to knock it off or leave. Treat them the same way you would a house guest who is overstepping his/her boundaries in your home. Other methods include religious rebukings (prayer or have a priest/pastor get involved), sage cleansing, holy water, salt on the doorways...I've heard just about everything, and it seems that spirits react differently to all of the above. It works for some and doesn't for others. I think it's mostly about how much you believe in the method you use, and showing that you mean business.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
you got a point there devious - running is probably not the best economic option but I wouldn't want to stay there with the entity doing all of those things. There must be something that could be done to get rid of it.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
guyinsane2008: I'm not sure about anyone else, but IMO, letting yourself be chased out of your own house by some wayward spirit is a bit silly. So many times I've heard of people investing all of the time, energy and money into moving just to find that they have been followed by the entity they were running from. When it comes to situations like this, most of the time, dealing with it is the only thing you can do. That or spend the rest of your life running from something you can't see.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
why is my comment about going house hunting taken negatively? In my opinion the spirit/entity appears to be unfriendly and possibly dangerous just look what it did to the guy's father.

Researching the history of the house/land and getting professional help is probably the best option.

And I don't agree with those who think this is a friendly entity.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Unlike many here who thought his response to the EVP question was a little silly, for some reason I get the feeling that it was rather sinister. It sounds more sarcastic and snappish to me. The fact that he's going around slamming doors and making noise seems to point toward a little confusion and perhaps ill temperament, and I would recommend proceeding your investigations with caution. Not a bad idea to research the place and see if you can find out about the previous tenants.
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Oh, after reading your other story I'm no longer laughing. Scary stuff. My recomendation, Bless the space first, then go around and bless the home. Seems like this entity has a lot of power if he can physically manifest and slam doors. I would go as far as to say, call a priest or contact a paranormal research group to bring someone in for assistance. Best of Luck to you
jzinck (4 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Haha This story made me laugh out loud, when you asked him if he lived in the attic and his reply was " Do you" as if mocking you haha Good catch! 😁
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Wow, you actually got a response from Spirit from an EVP! That is so cool.
The activity probably will increase with you trying to interact with it (sorry about that). This Spirit does seem to have a sense of humour. I wouldn't worry so much, only if this Spirit starts harming you or others in your family/house.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
I also think that this ghost has a sense of humour I can see where Taz is going with his post. So now that you have succesfully interacted with this spirit I have a fairly strong feeling that activity will slightly increase within your home. Please keep us posted with this ShadowDancer.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Smart thinking doing an evp session. I heard one famous evp where a spirit woman answering a question responded with "where are you?" so maybe not all spirits can totally comprehend what they are seeing or responding to. Kind of like the movie "the others." Thanks so much for sharing! ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
he seems to me to have a sense of humor. He obviously thought you guys were being silly.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
[at] Silent Observer - I really don't have experience in this field (interacting with ghosts) so I have a few questions that are based on my beliefs and curiosity.

1. How can you tell if a ghost is evil or harmless? Or that it is really a ghost?

2. The bible states that when a person dies, his body is returned to the earth and soul goes back to God for final judgement. However, there are examples of the souls of the dead communicating with the living in the bible. Saul summoned Samuel through a medium, and although the bible said that mediums are of the devil, it never disproves that they can communicate with the dead.
A) So where exactly do the souls go?
B) If they are returned to God can they be summoned - like Samuel was?

3. Some state that ghosts of departed ones are really demons in disguise mocking us. Is it partially true?
Do demons take the form of our loved ones to play with our emotions?

I think its good that people can be helped to reconcile with loved ones who passed unexpectedly or are given comfort by the news sent by loved ones. But sometimes I wonder if it is indeed true that it is demons taking the forms of our loved ones and are just toying with our emotions. That would indeed be a cruel and heartless joke...
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
hi shadowdancer
Personaly I would try again but first write out the questions you think of asking and see if they come across sounding right.
What I mean is from what you say in your story the spirit/ghost could have stopped answering after the second question due to the wording and his reply
Do you live in the attic? Do you! The feeling I get is a bit like he was saying happy to answer if questions are right (dont want to say silly but can't think of right wording)
I mean look at the answer and imagin someone saying that in a surprised way or confused or even sarcastic
(I hope this is making sence)
Hope to hear more
Carl
Silent_Observer (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
My thoughts are exactly like those of Cosmogal's... Please share! If you can't, that's fine, too. No pressure.

But I think going "house hunting" is a bit drastic, unless you want to take advantage of the economy being so low. But even so, I think this entity is harmless... He seemed just as clueless and curious as you were.
guyinsane2008 (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
...um I think its time to go house hunting. Or make sure no one is ever alone in the house in case it tries something funny.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Hey ShadowDancer, not bad considering this was your first time trying an evp session. Sounds like you captured some pretty strong evidence. I agree with the others in thinking that this spirit is not looking to cause any harm, and it just wants to make its presence known. Please let us know if anything else happens and if you capture any more evidence. I was wondering if you would be willing to upload the evp's to your story so we can all hear them? Thanks 😊
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
I suggest checking the history of your house. Has anyone died in it? Who lived there before? Ask the previous owners if they had any odd experiences. He doesn't seem like a malicious ghost, from what I've read. He just likes to joke around with you. If you want him gone, tell him to go. If he doesn't when you tell him to, then say a prayer aloud. This should help... 😆
Nikita (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Have you tried asking a question, waiting a few minutes and then rewinding and playing the recording? You could end up having a conversation with this spirit. I am assuming he must be a friendly one, because you don't mention anything negative that he has done - only that he wants you to know he is there.
Have you had your house history checked out recently. That would be somewhere to start?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: