You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Guardian Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Guardian Shadows

 

I have always been a person who is unsure of ghosts but I still feel that there is something, that I find intriguing and I want to know more.

I guess my story would start when I was between 3 and 4 years old as I remember having half days in primary and on those days I would go with my mum to my Grandma's and Granddad's bungalow. My mum still says now (years later) that she had a bad feeling that day and didn't want to go and visit. But, sadly, that day my granddad had a heart attack while I was present thus leading to many problems and eventually his death. However as a child this was difficult to comprehend.

At the same time roughly I began to see, what I call "shadows", as later there were more as other family died, most notably my Great Uncle and my other nan, both very close to me. These "shadows" I guess could not be called shadows but to describe is difficult, more as a presence like a looming feeling. Sorry, it's quite difficult to explain but a presence seems the best way to describe. And, as a child I began to become quite scared of the dark, but even a nightlight would not relieve these human shaped "shadows" or the presence next to my bed.

As I became more scared just of these figures, they had done nothing but stay by the side of the bed, I began to almost lock in any kind of thoughts of ghosts and never told anyone, still haven't and this is the first I've described it.

But, lately as I've began to open up to these thoughts I've noticed them more and have been tempted to communicate. And recently felt a definite feeling of pressure on my back causing me to wake at a start to the feeling of a presence sitting on the side of my bed. Personally I like to think these as protecting or guarding me and a possibility of them being my family but I cannot be sure as I have never had any knowledge of ghosts, demons or other related entities.

Another event also felt as though someone was pushing on my back, as I found myself in a difficult situation and if I hadn't of moved could have found myself in a worse situation.

I have been able to feel presences in everyday life and as a child did treat some as people much to the amusement of friends and family thus leading me to try closing any potential in. Also I am quite intrigued by the Ouija board but something always says not to no matter where or who with, something tells me to stop.

I would like to know if anyone could help and possibly tell me more on this.

Thank you for reading and any comments.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, silverflowers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-17)
Shadows can be seen as bad or even good, depending on their behaviour. I don't know and can't be sure if these "Shadows" are really your relatives. You said they made you fearful, I kind of came to the conclusion that they actually may not be your relatives. But, maybe you were just scared like my Husband gets when trying to communicate with Spirit.
I also want to offer my condolences for your losses.
And I also want to repeat what the other posters keep saying, DO NOT USE AN OUIJA BOARD.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
Oh yes, addition to the comment below... Ouija Board bad... Tape recorder, paper and pen, video camera...good. ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
Well this certainly is the place to get educated about these abilities! I too think you have some guardians. Your curiosity about the board maybe a result of your growing desire to communicate with your visitors. You don't need a board to do that, just talk to them and see if they respond. When you talked about being pushed on the back, do you mean you were pushed out of harms way? Thats what I'm getting, if so, wow, id want to talk to them too!
Great story! ❤
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
silverflowers--The later pushing event notwithstanding, it does seem curious to me that loving relatives (on this plane or not) would stand at the bed of a child they are clearly terrifying. If you have a gift of seeing through the veil, perhaps you have other psychic sensibilities you could try out to learn more of the situations. ~ James
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
hi there silverflowers again repeating the last 2 comments do not touch a ouija board unless you know exactly what your doing and it does sound like you would not then don't go there.
Look up the ouija stories on here and make your own mind up but most comments you receve will say the same thing.

Now from what you say in your story I personaly think you might have a gift of seing through to the other side or its your loved ones staying with you as gardians as you personaly think.

By all means try to talk to them thank them for the help they have given you, you never know they might even answer.
If you can please keep this updated
Carl
momof2 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
I've only had one small experience with a Ouija board. While we were growing up (my siblings and I) their was one in the house that my aunt and mother played with once. One day I saw her throw it out as she told us never to play with one.

Then a few years later, we found the same board hidden in the closet as we were doing spring cleaning. I can tell you it gave my mother a fright; we were still too young to understand then.

I am not sure how to respond to the shadows, I guess it really depends on how they make you feel!?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
I'm not the first person going to say. Don't touch or play with the Ouija Board. If not handled properly, it could cause more damage than necessary. Personally, I think someone is there protecting you. It could be someone from your family. I'm no expert and there will be people on this site with more experience than me to give you a more insightful advise but what I gave is my personal thinking.

I will still love to learn about these "shadow" people.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: