You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Was It My Guardian Angel?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It My Guardian Angel?

 

Today I am going to share an experience I had in 2021. My family and I had Covid, and I had to be admitted to hospital. It was really scary for me because it was my dad's 3-year death anniversary on the day of my admittance. I was really scared as I am diabetic and hypertensive. I had been running high fevers for 2 days and was unable to move let alone eat. With the help of my children and husband I managed to pack a bag of clothing and we called for an ambulance. Due to Covid regulations and curfew I had to go alone to the hospital. I remember the paramedics calming me as I cried, and I mentioned that I did not want to die. During the pandemic I have seen too many loved ones taken away.

I was admitted to my ward at 2AM in the morning. The next morning, I opened up my WhatsApp and I almost lost my mind as my best friend had passed away. I remember crying and the next day I live streamed her funeral. It was traumatic for me and during this time my fever continued even though I was on strong medication.

My 3rd night in hospital after speaking to my husband and children I remember asking them to pray as I did not want to die. The ward I was in was a normal ward, but I was the only person there. That night as I was about to fall asleep, I remember feeling really cold, I asked the nurse to add an extra blanket over me and was advised that she could not as my fever was really high. I was tossing and turning as I was restless and cold.

As soon as I turned on the side, I saw a man next to my bed. He was around mid 30's white doctor coat and brown formal pants. He just stood there, and he had what looked like little pill cups on the serving table near my bed. He was smiling at me, and he kept playing and shifting the pill cups. As he was doing this, he smiled at me and told me 3 times "you will be fine.'' The moment he said this my fever broke, and I fell asleep.

The next morning when I awoke feeling better, I asked the nurse about the doctor I saw that night; I told her that he was so friendly and that he told me I would be ok. She simply smiled and told me that I was lucky because my fever was so high and that I had been crying in my sleep and telling my dad that I loved him but that I was not ready to leave my husband and children. I returned home after 7 days. I cried on my way home, and my husband asked me why. I said to him that I was lucky as 2 other people passed away whilst I was in the hospital that week. All I saw were people covered with white sheets being wheeled away.

I would like to think that it was a guardian Angel that was looking out for me. If any of you know or have experienced something like this, please feel free to share this with me.

Love & Light

Sash B

Other hauntings by SashB

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SashB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SashB (4 stories) (5 posts)
+4
2 months ago (2024-03-09)
Hi everybody. I am sorry for mt late reply as we have not had electricity since Monday. I thank each of you for the comments. I just want to say that I am well thanks
[at] Twilight1011 I just want to say you are not offending me in any way. I am a born Hindu. I was raised very antichrist as Indians in South Africa are that way unfortunately. I however believe and embrace all faiths. I love learning about other cultures and faiths and their practices. I too just like you am actually spiritual. I know that I may sound selfish but as a Hindu it is rather difficult for me to convert but I live Christ and his teachings and way of life. I also believe in the universe and I love looking into the world of Astrology. So yes I am spiritual an I love being this way.

[at] CrimsonTopaz I believe it was someone from another realm yes like my guardian angel. Yes I did see his face and it is really sad that I am a bad artist as I would have drawn a picture of what he looks like. A male mid 30's eraly 40's, caramel skin, more like someone from the middle east curly hair and a glow around him. That is what I saw and I still remember his smile.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-03-07)
Covid-19 is one of the worst pandemics in recent history, it brought the entire world onto its knees, I thank God all the time that myself and the people I care about managed to survive it, but at the same time feel very sad for the families that have lost loved ones to this virus and are left picking up the pieces.

But I certainly think that your guardian angel was looking out for you, and I think your dad was there as well, maybe it could have been him too looking out for you.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-05)
To Crimson Topaz & MiaG, I've been trying to pop in more lately, as I hate missing the new submissions on here. 😄 I'm glad to see I've been missed though ☺ I've missed y'all, and a lot of my other favorite people from this site as well. As for how my spiritual journey has been going, I hate to admit that I've allowed myself to not stay on it, as much as I'd like, but I'm trying my best to get back on track with it. It really helps to be more spiritual in life, to where you're no longer allowing all the negative, day to day stuff, to affect you as badly etc. I visit the Cafe astrology site almost everyday now lol, as the daily horoscope alone, is most of the time, on point, so I really love that MiaG told me about it ☺ I apologize to the poster of this, as I didn't mean to take away from your experience. But with the topic being brought up, I am curious to know, with you being from South Africa, what exactly is your belief with all this spiritual stuff? I don't really know much about your religion, or what all y'all believe or not believe etc. So I don't want to accidentally say, or ask something that might be offensive. But from what little I have seen you've say on it so far, it seems like you do believe in the spiritual side? With you submitting what you have already, also makes me believe that you're interested, in understanding the spiritual world as well? I was just curious to know your opinion on this though, but you do not have to answer, if you don't want to get into it on here.
MiaG (29 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-03-05)
Hello Twilight1011,

It's really good to see you. How did you go with the astrology links?

Hello SashB,

I think Twiligh1011, covered it all in her explanation so I won't double up. I totally agree with what Twilight 1011 says... 'If you feel it was real, then it probably was'.

I'm sorry for your loss SashB. Remember all the good times with your dad and loved ones you've lost, and over time that sorry will turn to beautiful memories that make you happy

Thanks for sharing this lovely story.

Miandra
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
2 months ago (2024-03-04)
SashB PS: Did you see his face by any chance? Did you get the feeling he was someone you knew who passed away?
Twilight1011, Good to see again. I hope your new spiritual journey is going well.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+3
2 months ago (2024-03-04)
SashB, my condolences go out to you on the death of your dad. It's hard dealing with the loss of someone close but more so when it's a parent.
The covid era was a bad time and so many thousands of people lost their lives. I feel for you being in hospital so ill.
I think the doctor who visited you may have been a playful soul who died in that hospital who hasn't passed over to the other side yet. Or like you thought, he may have been your guardian angel. Either way, he brought you good news and good health.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+4
2 months ago (2024-03-03)
I see yet again, I find myself reading another one of your experiences, and feeling the need to reply back afterwards ☺ I actually began my spiritual journey, I think almost 2 years ago now. 🤔 With that said, I've gotten really into reading a lot about it, and learning a good bit about that side. I again, believe what you experienced, was most likely a Guardian angel, or even spirit guide of yours, that was able to step in and help you. They knew it wasn't your time yet. I think it's amazing that one of them was able to visit you, so that they could tell you it will be ok now, giving you comfort and peace of mind, to hear this. I know some may say, that with you running such a high fever at the time, and being on medication, that what you experienced was most likely, a hallucination from the fever or medication, but I don't believe that is always the case in these experiences. The best I can suggest though, is go with what you believe feels right. If you feel it was real, then it probably was. I'm happy that you were able to get better, and my condolences go out to you as well, for the people you lost during this time, I know that had to be very painful to go through, especially when your life was at risk at the same time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: