You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Haunted Sites, Or Am I?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Sites, Or Am I?

 

Where do I start? I guess 33 years ago, I'm about 5 years old. My father took me and my brother on a trip to see our uncle and his family. They had a beautiful home, part of it was built underground.

So I'm the youngest of all the kids by at least 5 years They played pool, checkers, cards, it was kind of boring. Well for me of course, because I'm just getting on everyones nerves. Haha! So, my older cousin decides we'll have a seance. He gets candles and tells us to get into a circle sitting indian style on the floor. He lit the candles and put them in the center of the circle. Unfortunately I do not remember the words spoken, wish I did. He told us we had to join hands and repeat after him. He also said it was utterly important that we believe, if we didn't believe, the spirits would not present themselves.

So we repeated the words and at some point were told to close our eyes while continuing to repeat what he spoke. When he told us to open our eyes, I looked to my left. My mouth dropped open, I see a man standing on the outside of the circle. He's not your average man, he's a greyish color, transparent. I can destinctly make him out though. He's tall, has on long pants, and a sleeveless under shirt with suspenders. His hair was slightly bald on top but in the back and sides its flowing to the base of his neck line and curly. He had a beard and was holding a cigar in the corner of his mouth. This cigar was lit I could see a the smoke climbing up from it. He was also walking towards me on the outside of the circle.

In this short moment it seemed like an eternity. I screamed out in fear and ran from the room, to where my father was, who didn't even believe me. No one else in the circle saw him, but I did and still remember very clearly to this day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, valicityrefined, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valicityrefined (1 stories) (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Sorry guys, no trick and no bull. This was a very real experience. As far as the title goes, of course there is more. If I put all of my experiences into one story it would become a book. Thank you all for your comments. I hope you all are in good spirits.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
I am very much with johntravis on this one... I think it's very likely that your cousins played a trick on you and you believed it because you were young and scared.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Hey there, It could be possible that the spirit of this man was attached to the house. It is very common for young children to be able to hear and see spirits, so you being only 5 at the time were young enough to be open to the paranormal. Did anyone else hear about your experience that day? I am curious to know if your uncle might have had any experiences in the house and was able to validate your claim.

I agree with Lou and feel that the title of your story indicates that you have had other experiences in different places. I hope you will share them with us. Thanks.

[at] Lou, that was my favorite part of Dude Where's my Car? An'den... LOL! 😆
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
An' den? No, an' den?

Your story does not match your story title... Please fill us in on what your intriguing title references.

Lou
johntravis28 (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-30)
Hi valicityrefined. Thank you for submitting your story. I don't mean to sound like a kill joy with this, but I always like to rule out the rational first. Is it possible that the others were playing a trick on you because you were "getting on everyones nerves"? Seems coincidental that you saw him as soon as the guy said open your eyes?

I'm not trying to diss your story, just trying to rule this out of any doubt.

John

This comment from juju92 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: