You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Seeing Shadows And The Aboriginal Burial Site

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing Shadows And The Aboriginal Burial Site

 

For about one year just every couple of months I would see a person all dressed in white, very pale skin and with long dark hair. They would just be standing in the hallway or in garden out the window or something. Then one day I went to dads. I had never seen one of these apparition's at my dad's before until one day I was looking in the fridge, when I turned around I saw it standing there then it ran through the lounge-room and down the hallway, it was probably the fifth time I had seen it. So I asked my dad if he had seen it and he said no. So I just forgot about it.

I didn't see anyone or anything like that for about 6 months, until the other day. I think the first one was when I was lying in bed trying to get to sleep, the light was off but it was still light enough to see because my iPod was on the iPod dock charging so it was lit-up. I just randomly opened my eyes and saw like a silhouette of a person standing there and then it just disappeared. I forgot about it and went back to sleep. The next day, I was home alone for the day, and I kept seeing the person-looking-thing everywhere, it wasn't all dressed in white though it was just like the silhouette again, and I would just look around the room and see it standing there. A few times it looked like it ran away and then disappeared. Then I saw it outside the window next to the door.

I started getting a bit scared now, but then my dog who doesn't stay still even in her sleep went and sat in front of the window and just stared with her ears perked up like she was looking at a dog that was outside or something. She didn't move when I called her name or anything, so I looked around out the window and nothing or no one was out there, so went and patted her on the head and she snapped out of it, then she walked away and sat looking into the lounge room the same, not moving and with her ears perked up. I don't know how long she was sitting there but when I looked at her and then up to see what she was looking at I saw the person-looking-thing again.

I looked on Google to see if dogs can like "see: things we can't or something, and there was a lot of stories saying they could. I was pretty much freaking out by now, so I went and watched a DVD, and the dog went back to the window and stared again. Then she just randomly started barking and growling at something outside the window, I looked again, and didn't see anything.

The house over the road from us, in the direction that the dog was looking, has also had some weird things happen, like the family that lived there said the micro-wave would turn itself on in the middle of the night, and a weird smell that only females could smell.

Then the husband committed suicide, and the wife got one of those things done to get rid of spirits and ghosts (can't remember what it's called). She found out that their house is built on an aboriginal burial site and the lady next doors sister said she saw an aboriginal lady standing in the corner of the dining-room.

Just writing this now I saw the silhouette person standing next to the wall to my right and a shadow of something running past behind me.

Can anyone tell me what I am seeing or what is happening?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, freaky_deaky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

nicnic123 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
preety sure you need to smoke the spirits out, that's traditional indigenous way of cleansing of areas... I know where your coming from, its scary but same time, when our house got smoked out it went quiet for a bit. Good luck:)
freaky_deaky (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
Does it mean anything that I don't believe in god or religion or anything. Sorry if I pffend anyone but I think its all BS.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-02)
I was just wondering, where in Australia do you live?
This sounds like you're getting freaked out! If it is scaring you, try to get you home or yourself blessed!
Goodluck
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
Wow, before you indicated that your neighbor's house was positioned on a burial site, I was going to suggest that you do some research to see if there was a burial site near your home. I agree with James, try to have a native shaman come to your property and see what is going on.

So long as the apperitions are not doing anything to harm you, you have no reason to fear them. Try not to lose your composure.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
FreakyDeaky -- My gosh, what sang-froid! You have several serious encounters and just forget about them. I've read others here who respond in the similar way. God love ya.
Since a persistence has begun to wear away your calm, perhaps you can lay out some offerings the indigenous people might enjoy as a sign of recognition and an offer of propitiation or bargain/compromise. Do it far from the house and speak the petition to the effect that they leave you in peace since this is your time now, just as they had their time on the land.
Have you thought of inviting a native shaman to sense the area for you?
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
My family is mostly Native American and, after talking to them, they said that the ghost might be upset about the digging up of the site. If that is so, it may become violent, or another ghost might follow it to your house that IS violent. Just watch for new entities, they might not be that nice or polite.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
well a person (ghost) that dress in white usally no harm. They may be lost or and ghost who doesent know its dead. Try talking to it. If you have somthing that can recode, record a few times you see it just in case its trying to tell you something. Now un least it turns vilent, there proboly no need for a exorcism.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: