You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Spirit Children Following Me - Who Are They And Why Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Children Following Me - Who Are They And Why Me?

 

For me, this started when I was a kid living not too far from Melbourne, Australia. As a kid many strange things happened to me and my family. Of course being from an extremely sceptical family, just about everything was passed off as being our imaginations or just given simple explenations such as shadows, and the likes. For me the three most memorable incidents that occured where:

1. The time when I saw a white cat walking up our hall past our lounge room. We had never had a white cat nor could ever find traces of one. (The cat will re-appear later).

2. Whilst playing in the back yard I heard my mother call me inside. As I approached I could see the shadow of a man walk across the kitchen through the window. Of course a few seconds later when I got inside, there was no one there and my mother had been out the front the whole time and never called me.

3. Just before we moved to the country, I was punished for destroying my room, including splattering black ink or paint dots all over the walls and ceiling. I had not been near the room for many hours, and had no idea how or what had happened, but let's face it who believes an 8 year old when this sort of thing happens.

So that is the background of my life... There are of course many other things, such as doors opening and closing on their own no matter where we were and the likes.

Jump the clock forward about 15 years and I am now happily engaged with a girl who claims to be partially psychic and have psychic friends. She can sense things around me (yes doors are mysteriously opening and closing all these years later) and invites a couple of friends around to see what they can sense. Being curious but sceptical I go along with it when they tell me that I am being followed by three spirits or beings. Two are children who give them (in their words) "The Heebie-Jeebies" and a third more sinister one. For me life went on, the odd strange thing happens along the way... (remember the white cat, I still swear my mother hit a white cat in her car a couple of years ago, but we never could find anything) and no more is thought about it. Until today.

It has been nearly 18 years since I broke up with my fiance, yet today at work a very nice lady whom I had never met before and claims to be able to see spirits, within 15 minutes of meeting me turned around and told us all that I was being followed by the spirits of 2 children, who where giving her the creeps (yes she actually said "The Heebie-Jeebies). I was shocked and taken aback, as I have never before spoken to anyone about this. So now I have to wonder... Who they are, what do they want, and what is their connection to me.

I am still sceptical in part, but now have to recognise there must be something there. I don't want to upset them talking about this, as they have never done anything un-toward to me. The have been many times in my life when something bad has been happening, I have inexplicably suddenly found myself feeling calmed and almost comforted. Was this perhaps them?

All I know, is today I believe what I have been told, and really would like to know more. Who are these children following me? Why are they following me? Most importantly: WHY?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tequilla56au, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lttlebrat (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Hey ya'll,

Looks like everyone posted this a couple months ago... Hopefully I'm not too late in responding to this... 😐 I was searching google for my own answers and came upon your story. I myself am followed by eight small child-like spirits... I emphasize the 'child-like' because they do not act like children, but appear in the form of children.

I know they are guardians of some kind, scary to other people but have not harmed me in any way.

My story... I always remember them being around me, so I can not go back to a beginning, unfortunitally. But, when I was married, I was argueing with my spouse... I remember one of the spirits standing between he an I but facing him. In one moment, my spouse (at the time) turned white and urinated on himself... He left the house and slept outside. He would not talk about it with me and I do not know what he saw. Whatever they are, they are not and never were human.

I met with one of my friends who also sees these spirits, she said they give her the creeps, but don't approach her. She beleives they are some sort of fey, but I have not found anything to support this.

Your story sounds similar in some aspects to mine. They do not harm me, often provide comfort, they give other people the creeps (probably because they do not act like children) and they always follow me around. I have been told they like the energy I give off and that is why they surround me and continue to follow my shadow. I tend to be very upbeat and happy, I like to see the brighter parts of things and other energies are attacted to it like a beacon or a moth to a flame. When I'm sad, which isn't often... I find that I will start giggling at the oddest of things, possibly the spirits are trying to liven me up so to speak.

If they are not a harm to you and you are not bothered by them, they may just be around because they like you. Bad things happen to everyone, but maybe if they were not around the situation could have been worse. Sometimes getting to know them helps avoid the ackward feeling when other's notice them too. I have gotten to know my spirits a little better but I am still curious as to what they are. My search continues... Lol
Adolphos (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Here is something from another post from another story:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=5216

"An alternative idea could be that there is a child or children that for some reason are following you around. They might not even know they are dead, believe it or not. Some people have put spirits to rest, that have had no idea that they had even died. Scary but true."

It's also noted:

"According to some supernatural legends, the only way to put a spirit to rest is to confront it, get a priest to put it to rest and give it final rights & path of way"

I suggest you get a priest to bless you and the children and have them move on.
Adolphos (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Just tell them to leave straight away and say it like you mean it. And add some immediacy commands to your words, so you leave them no doubt that you want them away now and that you will absolutely have it no other way.

I don't agree with Javelina at all. Why would you want to have some children to follow you around all your life, whether or not you can see them. The fact that you can't see them makes them more of a headache than any solace. Not to mention, the children are peeking at you every time you take a shower or visit the toilet. So you get the problem here. With the help of the psychic friends, and by being as tenacious as the children themselves, and with a bit of steadfastness, get rid of the pestering children.
MsV (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Hi "Tequilla56au"

Why you?

I also am one of those nutters who claim to see things that aren't there. I ask why me?

You are comfort to those who have passed. They see the gift in you. They want recognition. They want you to know them, to at least speak to them. Once you have provide them with comfort and love, they will leave.

I promise you.

Just remember, Feel love and not fear when you speak to them.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
we all have things that follow us. Yours I guess take the form of kids. They may just be there to watch you. Maybe you are teaching them how to live in this life, like a coach if you will. Maybe they say you when you were a kid and grew fond of you and decided to follow you. I am not able to answer why, but I think that as long as they aren't bothering you don't worry about it.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
I have to say, I respectfully disagree with you Lou/Jav...I know that if I were in their situation, I would want to know why, too. I would think, better to know and be prepared in case things go south than have no idea what you're looking at.

Author: if you feel prepared to find out, others on here have offered some suggestions of how to make contact. You could also try to invite communication through dreams (which is a less scary way to go about it) and you may be able to find something there. Also, had you known anyone in your childhood who passed away? Did you have any cousins or siblings you might not have known about who never got the chance to get to know you? I am in agreement with others who have suggested that there may be a familial reason for this haunting. If that's the case, then contact with them may help you discover a way to encourage them to move on.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
Or, maybe the woman at your office is actually one of the psychics your fiance knew, and you did not recognize her?

Hey, had to try.

I agree with the intelligent but elusive, Javelina... Unless you are being tormented in some way...don't rock the boat.

...and if you have a trait that invites women to talk to you at random about you, (and it isn't a big, hairy mole on your neck), don't discourage the activity.

Lou
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
I'm sitting here chuckling to myself. I'll explain why bluntly, like always.

Guardians come in all forms. You claim that they never do anything against you, and you feel it is them that comfort you when you are otherwise upset. I can assure you, these are the signs of having guardians.

The white cat could be a shape that they know appeals to you, or it could even be the only one they can make to let you actually see them. It's a fitting animal form for them to take - cats love to comfort their owners when they are upset and sick, and that seems like what these two girls wish to do.

The fact that you've had several clairvoyants tell you that you e these two girls following you is quite possibly the truth, seeing as the second lady appears to never have met your ex.

As for the creepy feeling they could be giving off, Guardians are protective. Some mores than others. They may be trying to frighten away the people that may hurt you is any way, shape, or form. Just lay down some ground rules for them - tell them to be nicer to your friends, and they should comply. I'm glad the sinister man left you.

Regards,
Penny ❤
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-31)
I would suggest speaking to a psychic about the children. Because a psychic/medium would probably be able to give you more answers than we on this forum would. We would actually have to meet you to figure this out. Sorry about that.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Have you ever seen the show "Ghost Whisperer"? Perhaps you have some of the same, I guess you'd call it, psychic ability. Perhaps you also have a kind, protective nature, which may explain why children are attracted to you. Of course as it seems in this life, where there is good, there is also evil, and maybe that's why the sinister spirit is also following you. I've had some strange experiences in my life, especially lately, which coincides with my recent renewed interest in ghosts & reincarnation. But I don't want to try & contact spirits. It's too scary. 😕
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Tequilla56au,
Let's think about what you've got here:
1) You had a couple of odd incidents as a child.
2) 15 years later you get engaged to a woman who claimed to be partially psychic who, along with her psychic friends, tells you that you are being followed by 2 creepy kids and a sinister looking guy.
3) 18 years after you break up you meet a woman at work who tells you right off the bat you've got 2 creepy kids with you, but no mention of the third sinister looking guy at all.
Why is it that you have never had any of them do anything to make themselves known to you? All these years and no contact? I'm thinking why mess with something that isn't broke? If there were something you were meant to know about, it's a pretty good bet that you would have been contacted in some way other than an occasional door opening and closing.
You seem to be cruising on through your life without any major interruptions to speak of, right? So why invite trouble? My opinion? Leave them be. They've done nothing to warrant this intrusion into their privacy. Plus, what if they turn out to really be "not so nice" and all that they needed is for you to invite them in for the trouble to start?
I'd think this over some more if I were you. They obviously aren't going anywhere, so what's the rush?

Jav 😕
Jadii22 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
hello I am new here 😁 but I completely agree with whispery they could well be from your past life x ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
hi tequilla56au very interesting story.

Will agree with otteer and louise21 these children might have some family conections with you from the past.
Seek out a good medium or psycic to help get you answers or try talking to them yourself with a taperecorder and see if you get anything.
You might have to try a few times.

Like you say these children might be the ones giving calm and comforting feelings to you so they might be ready to talk to you.

Please keep this up dated 😁
Glad to hear the lady did not mention the other presence felt around you before.
Carl
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Hi Tequilla56au... Mmmmmm tequila.!

Well maybe these 'children' just want to protect you and be around you. They might give psychics the "hee bee gee bees" because psychics can feel their presence and maybe the 'children' see them as a threat towards them being with you. Children have unconditional love and maybe they attached themselves to you through that and come across as creepy as their own protection.
Im no expert its only a suggestion so if its a crap suggestion apologies... 😳
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-29)
Wow, great story!

I too have to concede that I cannot tell you why these 2 children are following you however maybe I can offer some suggestions based on what others have posted here?

Unless you are willing to go to a psychic who can help you identify these entities you may have to investigate yourself if you have the courage. Use a digital tape recorder at night in a quiet environment and start asking questions. Others have suggested trying to leave a pencil and paper out for whatever wants to write a note, maybe you can just leave a video camera rolling also.

If the 2 are bringing you comfort then there should be no qualms with them in regards to you contacting them. Give it a whirl, you obviously are an open door to these spirits and they have decided to stay with you. At least you don't see them, lol, that would really give me the "hee bee gee bees".
Whispery (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
I cannot answer the question of why these spirits are following you, though I think they have a connection with your future or past life.

Hope I helped,
Whispery ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: