You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Shhh Stanley

Real Ghost Stories

Shhh Stanley

 

This is my first story, but not my last. Let me give you a little bit of detail you need to know: First, my moms best friend past away and has two kids. The youngest (Lets call her Jane) was staying over at our house it 2007, long after her mom past away. My house has a big front entrance with stairs going up to the top floor. There are five bedrooms up stairs, but the one we are talking about is at the end of the hall. There is a hall way down stairs leading into my living room where the T.V is, and that's where I was.

It was about 7:00 in the morning on a weekend and I was about 12 years old. My cat (Let's call him Stanley) was up stairs sleeping with Jane when he stared to meow. I was just about to get off the couch and see what the matter was when I hear "Stanley, shhh!" It sounded like a slightly annoyed voice, and I know it wasn't my mom or Jane because it didn't sound like it. Then I heard footsteps come out of Jane's bedroom and stop. "Hi Jane." I said, but nothing was said back to me.

I went upstairs and saw Stanley in the hall way. I peeked into Jane's bedroom and she was fast asleep. I asked her in the morning if she got up and said something to my cat and she said "No, I slept all night."

Just this week I thought about it. I never meet Jane's mom so I asked my mom what her voice sounded like. She told me and it was the voice I had heard. I was so shocked.

So what do you think? Was it her mom watching over her and my cat was going to blow her cover?

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by ghost28

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghost28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AnimalAngels (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
[at] Forestboy

Yes I did tell my friend and she fully believes that it was her mom. And I'm not sure if it was her mom or maybe another ghost in my house. Also I could not contact you on you page because it doesn't say your e-mail. Hoped that helped.

P.S:
To everyone that was wondering I wasn't sleeping and I wasn't tired so I know I didn't make it up in my head.
forestboy123 (5 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
first of all I think that story was good but did you ever find out if it was the mom and did you tell your friend about it? Please contact me on my page I really want to know. 😐
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Haha Stanley the cat blew her cover lol that's awesome, I like this story it is well known animals have hightened senses and can easily detect spirits and there activity. It is a nice thought that Janes mum was watching over her. Enjoyed your story and I also love the way it appeared that you kept the cats identity a secret lmao! 😆

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
AnimalAngels I figured as much lol thanks for adding the comment, straightened that out 😁

And who says a bit of crazy is a bad thing anyway? Most on here are a bit loopy it helps to deal with the things that happen in life 😆
Hope to read more from you soon
Carl
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
That is so adorable! The same thing happened to me. One of our dogs was barking late at night at nothing. We were all sleeping and I seemed to be the only one that found the dog annoying. But being in that half sleep-like state I was too lazy to get up yell at the dog.

Next moment I hear "Tony, ssh!". It was a mans voice inside the house and its only women living in the house (myself and my mother). Plus it wasn't Tony barking... Tony died years before that, but we would yell at him to shush when he barks. So whatever it was yelled at our dog thinking it was still Tony!

Thanks for the story!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Hello Animalangels, thanks for the story! I agree could be the mom! Poor Stanley... Got booted from a warm bed!

Thanks again. ❤
AnimalAngels (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
P.S [at] omgliketotally

I know for a fact I am crazy, but not in that way.;) Sorry that was a dumb joke!
AnimalAngels (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Hahah Taz! I just noticed I did that! I didn't even mean to! LoL!

I just want to thank everyone! I've told my friends this story before and like omgliketotally they thought I was crazy! Thank you all and god bless!
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
taz, I was thinking the SAME thing. Haha. I felt I was reading too much into it also but I thought why does the cat's identity need to be protected? 😆
Anyway, maybe it has a very unique name that would easily pinpoint the identity of the author if someone they knew read it? No idea.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Hahah! I was thinking the same thing taz, is the identity of the cat being protected?
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
that is a interesting story, like the idea of the mom in spirit watching over the daughter.

Now I under stand not using your friends real name but why say "lets call him stanley"?
Whats the cats name? Is it stanley or not? Can't see why you feel the need to change it if its not.
Or am I just reading too much in to this?
I wonder!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
AnimalAngels,
I don't see why not. It makes perfect sense really. Animals are said to have the ability to see and hear what the rest of us cannot. And if that's true, then it's a pretty good guess that what you surmise to have occurred, may have.
Good story, thanks for sharing.

Jav
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Half schitzophrenic? Is that like half pregnant? You either are or you aren't. Please take your sorry, trolling self somewhere else. Thanks and have a GREAT day!
obsessed14 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Actually, you could be absolutely right! Her mother was probably trying to keep herself hidden so she wouldn't scare your family. Or perhaps she didn't want to wake her daughter? Of course it isn't harmful, though. God bless you!
Cholulteca (148 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Hello Animalangels,:)
Not sure how distinctive was her voice but perhpas was her mom shooing the cat from waking her daughter up 😁
God Bless,
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: