You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Sister's Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Sister's Experience

 

I am writing this to really see if anybody or anybody's children have experienced what we experienced when my little sister was 2 years old?! My sister is now 23yrs old. She doesn't remember any of this. She only knows what we've told her. I was 10yrs old at the time.

We were at my aunt's house visiting like we always did growing up. My mom and her sister are very close. As we were getting ready to go home my sister (who was asleep) at the time woke up crying. At first we just thought she was throwing a fit like most normal 2 year olds do when they're tired and cranky. We continued our drive home finally reaching our house. We all entered the house and my little sister started to freak out even more. Mind you I'm only 10yrs old, so there wasn't much I could do with the situation.

My family comes from a religious background believing in the good and bad, between the Devil and Jesus. My father was a Christian then and was out of state working.

My sister was running around starring at all corners of the house, pointing to nothing. She was crying from being scared and frightened. As she would point to the corners of the walls we would look, but see nothing. She went in every room of the house screaming and crying. After what seemed like forever she went into my parents' bedroom.

My parents had this vanity with a big mirror that was screwed to the wall. The glass itself was at least an inch thick and the mirror was on there, pretty sturdy. My sister ran past the vanity and into the closet trying to hide from whatever it was. My mom was on her every track trying to get her and calm her down, but then she didn't even want to be picked up and comforted.

My mother grabbed her up. By this time my mom figured it has to be something demonic and told it to leave in the name of Jesus. As she walked pass the vanity, the mirror shattered into a million pieces. My sister was still crying, but ended up calming down after the mirror shattered. To this day we have no explanation on to why she woke up out of her sleep tripping out. The more I think about it I believe it used the mirror as an exit. And I think that it was in our car the whole ride home. I wished she could have remembered it as sad as that sounds because I really would have liked to know what she seen that night.

If anybody has ever experienced something to this effect or known of someone who has please let me know. I'll never forget it that's for sure.

Other hauntings by kristinarodriguez1980

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kristinarodriguez1980, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

michaeljoe (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
My grandson at two and a half years old was terrified of things that he not only seemed to dream as nightmares but also things he would point at during the day. It spooked us all quite a bit. I bought a book about psychic kids and it says that spirits will show themselves more often to children because they are more receptive. Problem is that these little children just don't understand what it's all about and to them these spirits are no different from a living person
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
Wow, that's pretty wild. Because of the experiences your family has been through, I think it's safe to say that your family's ability to see and hear these spirits may be hereditary. Judging from other experiences you've shared here anyway.
I haven't known anyone myself, who's experienced the same phenomenon with mirrors, although it is a common belief that mirrors do act as portals. I'm just happy to hear that was the end of your sisters distress that night.
Great story. Thank you for sharing,

Jav
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Well, this is a very interesting story here, kristina. No, I haven't had anything like that happen to me when I was younger and I don't know anyone who has had similar experiences, sorry about that. Thanks for sharing by the way.
I have heard about mirrors being "portals" to the "other side". And I have also heard and know that animals and Human Children can experience the paranormal. It is probably because Children have a more open mind, one that doesn't close, or isn't closed, like us Adult Humans.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Spottedpeltwarrior (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
She might of been seeing things such as dead people stalking her 😐
lexhia (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Hi khristina: This also happened to my niece., she would suddenly wake up, her eyes full of fear or when we were changing her diapers, she would be giggling and then stare at a spot right next to our head and start crying... I hated that I couldn't do anything for the poor thing...

Hope nothing like this happened to your sister or your family again...
God bless you!
Lexie
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I found a very interesting site where it explains the use of reflective objects such as mirrors for the occult. Hope it helps:

Reflective mediums also include glass, crystals, crystal balls, ring stones and even sword blades. Two favored polished stones that have been used are beryl which is a light and translucent stone and obsidian, which is a black, opaque stone. Even a thumbnail coated with dark oil or paint can be used for occult purposes.

Reflective surfaces are well known as an occult tool. Think of the book "Through the Looking Glass" by Lewis S. Carroll or the magic looking glass used by Snow White's evil step-mother. There are various occult practices that use reflective surfaces for providing answers about the past, present and future as well as searching for meditation, energy re-direction and long distance communication.

The reflective surface's ability to allow a person to quickly enter an altered state has made it a necessary tool for many occult practitioners. The reflective surface used for occult purposes may enable results that would otherwise have either have taken a longer time or been unattainable. Gazing at and beyond the reflection is a powerful tool that can be used for an individual's different divination and occult purposes.

Http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art30755.asp

Luv ❤
obsessed14 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I think you are right. Some myths and beliefs say that mirrors hold spirits. It probably died in the house and likes your family. Therefore, it probably it followed you in the car. It also depends on the history of the house and where you were coming from. So, my theory is silly, but that's all I have. I hope you figure out. And if it ever were to happen again, don't worry! It was harmless by what you said. It just scared your sister.
Zik (1 stories) (25 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Hello Kris',

It's funny that this story was posted.

A friend of mine had a similar experience, almost exactly how you did, his little brother noticed things over and over again, until (what he would call 'my crazy gran') demanded that these demons would leave her daughter's house, randomly. She randomly shouted it.
Then they heard a huge bang followed by a smashing sound, went to the hall, and found their antique mirror onthe floor shattered like it had been punched.

I'm told that mirrors have a link to the spirit world, because they reflect a dimension that us humans can't always see while looking at the mirror.

My friend did some research not long after this experience, and found that a town in Vietnam has actually "banned" the use and possession of mirrors. The local self proclaimed "Witch doctors" claim that mirrors that are made to be a tool for reflection, and aren't just naturally a reflecting object, are "portals" created by humans with the dead.

Apparently, when you take an object that naturally creates a reflection, then tailor it into a tool used for that purpose, you're reaching out to the dead. I'm not saying this is true, it's just what he found out in his research.

Realistically speaking, I don't think it's completely true. Europe and America specifically, I think, have at least one mirror in every house. Therefore, surely, that's millions of portals, right?

Perhaps that's why the world has Demons as well as Human Ghosts in the spirit world.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your story, I enjoyed it a lot.

Take care, and stay healthy.

-Zik

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: