You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: More Farnsworth House Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

More Farnsworth House Experiences

 

In my last story I told you about Jeremy the ghost boy who died in the Farnsworth House B&B in Gettysburg in the 1800's. He was playing horse and wagon tag out front when he slipped and was tragically run over. He died shortly there after in what is now the Sarah Black room, under the care of their midwife. My wife and I have experienced Jeremy in every room in the BB&B, he is a very active ghost! One of his favorite things to do is play with little block letters which he changes or moves. HI JEREMY became JEREMY HI when we weren't looking and HI appeared at our door when we were leaving one time. On another night we heard the floor creaking in our room and the blocks moving on the table next to our bed. We invited Jeremy to play with plastic farm animals that had been set out on the window sill and to see if he could turn the rooster around as it was going the wrong way.

More Farnsworth House Experiences 1

More Farnsworth House Experiences 2

In the morning we saw that the block letters were all messed up and the rooster had indeed been turned around and was facing the same way as all the other animals!

Most of our experiences have been in the Shoultz room and I am attaching a picture taken on my first trip which shows black mist, an orb in front of the bed post, and an image reflecting in the bathroom mirror that is not me! I determined this image to be a woman wearing 1800's clothing and a lacey bonnet. Dave who was doing the ghost walk out of the Farnsworth, said we captured Catherine Sweeney, who owned the property during the Civil War and still resides there.

Another Shoultz Room experience involved a nerf ball left on our suitcase for Jeremy to play with, it sat for the stay untouched until shortly before we left. We looked but could not find it so we left for home where upon unpacking discovered it in the suitcase under all the clothes! Another time my wife placed a breakfast ticket in the trash as we were leaving the Farnsworth House. When we got into the car she opened her purse for something and there was the paper ticket she had just thrown out!

I have more, but will stop here so this does not become a novel.

Other hauntings by tedbear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tedbear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tedbear (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-26)
I don't know what grudge you are talking about. I can only say that this picture was taken with a cheap disposable camera and no trickery was used. Nothing in front of the Window was black and white including me. You will notice about an inch of black trim around the white cloth, and this piece is in turn layered over more black cloth. This represents the style of dress for women in the 1800's. In my experience with the paranormal I have learned that anything is possible including the clarity of a picture.
polarage (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
I have been to that place twice, taking the ghost tours. It is the most active place I have ever been in, when it comes to the paranormal, and I have a story of my own. My problem is this; you have a good story, and you don't need to spice it up with a picture at all. Nobody can know or assume what your intentions are with it... If you truly believe it is a ghost, or if you know its not and are trying to convince us otherwise. Whatever the case, what you say about the picture kind of discredits your stories overall for me. The black mist looks like something directly out of the grudge. There are not any clear pictures like this with a real entity that looks like that. I hate to be that jerk, but I'm going to be. (this is just my opinion, it does not reflect everyone as a whole)
Lisa3007 (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Hello,

Do you know if the owners of this B&B would be willing to appear on a paranormal investigation TV show to talk about the hauntings of the B&B? I'm interested in reaching out to them. I'd love to incorporate your experiences as well. Please contact me at the email located in my account. Thanks.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
I just re-read your last comment. So, this was taken with a 35mm film camera? Do you have a way of getting a good scan of the negative at, say, 600dpi? Or could you scan the printed photo again at 600dpi? Then, send it to me? My contact info is in my profile.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
tedbear - In reply to your very recent comment, it was light outside. You were backlit. That's why you appear darker in the reflection. Plus, the flash went off in front of you and in the direction of the bathroom. So, it's no surprise that you appeared dark.

I could probably pull out some more detail and colors if I had the original hi-res image to work from --if it's at least 5MP.

Though a skeptic, I am not one of "those who do not believe". I wouldn't have been reading stories here for over 3 months and posting comments as well as 4 of my own stories if I did not believe in even the remote possibility of spirits. I believe the existence of the spirit realm is more than just a remote possibility and I intend to learn as much about it as possible for the rest of my physical life.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
I have to say that I agree with others comments here. I took the trouble to download the image, open it in Photoshop, remove some of the noise with a professional noise removal plug-in (NeatImage), sharpen the image, and resize it by 200%. The detail is quite good. Better, in fact, than the image posted as-is. To my eyes, it defnitely looks like the photographer in that shot. Here's why I say that:

1) Look at the directionality of the flash/light from the camera.

2) Look at the overall point of view from which the photo was taken.

3) Imagine yourself in that room taking the picture. As a photographer, I did just that.

4) As a photographer, I can imagine in my mind taking a leaning stance with the camera held up at or near face level to get that shot from that location in the room.

5) Look carefully at the mirror. You can see the very edge of the flash/light source in the upper right. You can also see a reflection of the flash/light in the lower left of the mirror. This is consistent with holding the camera at or near face level and pointing it slightly downward to get the shot. You can confirm the downward angle by looking at the picture as a whole.

I apologize for raining on the parade, but that's my analysis. I have many years of experience with image editing (read enhancement and/or artistic editing). I also have many years of experience as a photograher. I'd be happy to upload my enhanced version if someone would like to compare it.

Having said all that, through matrixing and a bit of imagination, I can see where someone might see a lady wearing a bonnet; the head at least. The body doesn't quite match up IMO.

In closing, I enjoyed your stories, tedbear. I believe that your family really did experience some paranormal activity. However, I don't think there's anything paranormal in that photo; except MAYBE the orb.
tedbear (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Apparently a picture IS worth a thousand words! I am not trying to convince anyone that ghosts are real or that the image in the mirror exists in another dimension. There is no proof good enough for those who do not believe. I have been blessed with many paranormal experiences in recent years and have had to except what some take on faith; or not at all. I think it is important to talk about my experiences and hopefully some skeptics will start to say "I don't know what is possible," instead of "I don't believe." It took days examining the image on a computer to realize what I captured on film. As you say Moongrim I see it as a side image, but since I was alone in the room and not wearing anything remotely like that you will understand how it impacts me considerably more than you. I was wearing a white t-shirt with burgandy sleeves, as other pictures taken that day show, and you should have seen my bent elbow holding the camera as I was facing the mirror taking the shot. The window blind should show me, not a black and white image as I was standing infront of it.
The wispy mist obscuring the far wall and the orb only appear in this shot, nowhere else on the roll of film. If you look at womans clothing in the 1800, s you will see long black dresses, square white shalls and open bonnets with lace extending to the shoulder area at the back which I believe this shows.
I should note that I live in Canada and have no affiliation with the B&B, but I would highly recommend it, and Gettysburg as a holiday destination.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
I see in the mirror what appears to be a middle age adult standing at an angle at a pose consistent with taking a photograph.

Perhaps even someone who is creating a ghost story in the off chance of making his or her Bed And Breakfast a wee bit more popular for the Ghost Tour crowd.

But I could be completely and utterly wrong on that...
Skye28 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Jeremy I was looking at the picture's you posted with your story and In the one of the mirror I didn't see what you were seeing in the picture. I see a male or female standing there in a white shirt and black pants. I'm not saying you made this all up but just from what I seen I'm not putting things together right. But good story.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Very interesting story! Love the pictures too but I did not see the image in the mirror as you have described. To me it looks like an image of a guy/gal videotaping... Wearing pants and a t-shirt. Am I missing something? Thanks for sharing.

Zeta
p-a-s-d-e-c-h-e-v-a-l (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
Jeremy sounds adorable! I have a strange obsession with life from a previous era. I would looove to visit that place and possibly interact with Jeremy and Catherine Sweeney. 'tis too bad I don't reside in the United States, or I would be on my way for sure. Did you see the ghosts of the soldiers from the battle grounds (I'm not sure if that's what it was)?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: