You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Gettysburg... 401 Baltimore St

Real Ghost Stories

Gettysburg... 401 Baltimore St

 

I was planning a vacation to Virginia when I noticed how close Gettysburg was to the route I would be taking, so planned a little side trip. Wow, what a powerful place it turned out to be! My wife and I both knew we needed to return and spend a night or two. In looking on line for that Octobers return trip I noticed multiple mentions of Ghost Walks, so I searched for 'ghost+gettysburg' and the responce was overwhelming! I knew my wife was a medium as she had told me a few things, but it never really came up much.

When I saw the number of stories, and actual haunted locations I excitedly chose to spend a night at the haunted Farnsworth Inn B&B. (401 Baltimore St.) This study in living history still shows over 100 Union bullet holes in its south wall which it recieved by the Union trying to dislodge Confererate sharp shooters, many of whom died in and around the house.

We arrived and climed up the steep stairs to the Scholtz Room in the old wooden part of the inn built in 1820. The air was thick and very still and there was an eerieness to the place. I knew from research, and that evenings ghost walk from the Farnsworth, that a little ghost boy named Jeremy still lived there and was always scaring guests and playing tricks. He didn't disappoint! We slept very little that night with someone walking around up stairs and in the hall. Then the floor boards started to creek and the walking was in the room!

Shortly after that we had one of our most amazing and creepy experiences when someone JUMPED on the bottom of the bed! Having raised children we knew what it felt like when a small boy jumped on our bed, and that's exactly how it felt. We grabed the camera from between the pillows and started taking pictures. The teddy bear we placed on the blanket between us was shown in 3 different locations, with the last shot showing the bears leg hanging over the edge of the mattress, and a flat spot the shape of a butt beside it. Oh and in the morning we discovered that there was no room above us only a very low roof!

Since then we have returned Gettysburg and the Farnsworth Inn more times than we can remember and have always recieved paranormal experences and pictures. This October guess where we're going?

Other hauntings by tedbear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tedbear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
What an interesting story here, tedbear. I would personally love to spend the night in haunted locations.
My Husband is also a magnet for Spirits, but he does not want to use his "gift" (you can check out Partner Sees Spirits if you want).
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Cersed240 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
I always wanted to go to Gettysburg. My father said he had an eerie feeling when he went to one of the battlegrounds.
tedbear (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-13)
I can only find one picture of the teddy incident and it was taken with a Loblaws disposible camera so it is of poor quality. I will post it later along with a picture of an immage in a mirror that should be me but isn't. It was taken as soon as I entered the Schoultz room the same trip! I have many stories, my wife is a ghost magnet.
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
I would love to go to Gettysburg some day. Now I have to remember about this B&B if I ever make it out there.
And I too would love to see those photos.

Great story! ❤
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
tedbear - now youve got everybody wanting to see those pictures and visit Gettysburg. It would be wonderful to visit there someday. Thanks for you story!

Champion
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
That was a really interesting story. I loved reading it.

One thing I do want to ask, like the previous posters have said, is do you still have the pictures?

If you do then it would be great to be able to see some of them!

Peace
JustCurious
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
fab story thanks for sharing!
Sounds like a very interesting place to stay, and plenty of acctivity to experience.

Would love to see the pics if you still have them
Carl
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
OMIGOSH! Gettysburg is one of my dream locations to visit...luckyyyyy! I'm glad the ghosties didn't dissapoint. Very awesome story. Thanks for sharing.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Great story, and thank you for sharing it with us! I am possibly taking a trip to Virginia in October as well, and hope to visit Gettysburg. Good luck on your next trip out there, and hopefully you will have some more stories and photos for us. 😊
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Thank you for sharing this location with us. I want to go to Gettysburg so badly. I want to stay in the most haunted place I can find. Now I know where to start looking. Thanks a bunch! Nice story.
Hexotericka (6 stories) (45 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Very nice account, tedbear! It would be interesting to see some of those pictures you spoke about. When you return again in October, and experience anything more, I am sure we would all love to hear more about it!

Regards,
Hex.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: