You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is There A Ghost In My House?

Real Ghost Stories

Is There A Ghost In My House?

 

My name is Aisling. I am a 13 year old girl. Lately I have been feeling extremely uncomfortable in my home. Every second of the day I feel as if I am being watched in an angry manner, I have begun to see shadowy and clear white figures out of the corner of my eyes, my westy (west highland terrier) Hazel has been acting rather strange lately. She would often dart her head from one side of the room to the other for at least 5 minutes at a time and also begin to growl and bark the walls, doors and stare up the stairs at the very top. Sometimes I would hear people talking, although I would be home alone. On many occasions I have heard doors slam, knockings, whispers in my ear, and an odd clicking noise on the handle of doors. I have become very distressed with all of this and seeing that I am getting ready to go into secondary school, it is a tough time for me. I really don't need a ghost with me too. I will tell you a few experiences I have had over the course of 2 weeks, in my own and other houses. Starting with last night.

Story No.1

I had just turned off the main light to my bedroom, after I had been reading for quite sometime. My sister had already fallen asleep, where as I was obviously still awake. The second I had turned out the light, I began to hear and odd mixture of clicking and knocking come from my wardrobe (which was situated right beside me). I thought nothing of it at first, but it became louder and louder then suddenly stopped short, just like that.

After a short while I had drifted off to sleep, but only to wake at around 6:00am. This time something different had begun. An odd scratching noise started under the floor boards, again I thought nothing of this, but like the clicking and knocking it began to become louder and louder, then suddenly stop short. All of a sudden I got this feeling as though I was being watched with aggression (If that makes any sense). For the rest of the night I remained awake, where as my sister had slept through the whole thing (she's a very heavy sleeper).

Story No.2

I climbed into the golden bed at my cousins house (My little cousins loved to call it that because of its golden covers, they also called it the golden room). After a few minutes I began to feel uneasy, as if I was being watched, yet again. I tried my best to ignore it and thankfully my best payed of, I drifted off to sleep about a half hour later. Unfortunately I woke again at around 2:00am.

When I woke, I was facing the wall (to my right). I was half awake half asleep, when I felt someone turn towards me, as if they were turning to watch me. A rush of fear flew through me, but then I realized one of my cousins could have climbed in beside me so I turned to check. I was terrified, absolutely terrified. I found: No one, no one at all, just the feeling of being watched. As I lay there in fear, I suddenly heard an extremely loud whisper say something (I didn't hear exactly what) and then the hall light go off. The frightening thing is not a single door opened...

Thanks for reading my stories and I really hope you can all help me out. God Bless you all.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostlover6678, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
well, I suppose I do sound abit stupid saying both all the time 😳 I'm so sorry if I confused you. I love reading about ghost and watching ghost programms but I guess I am scared when the experiences happen to me. Ya, I know I wasn't so clear... I'm sorry, I did go back and forth, but I am a bit of both 😊

I never revused to take yours or anyone elses advise, I NEVER EVER SIAD THAT!
Your now twisting my words, I don't expect strangers to act like my mother, who might I add DOSEN'T believe a SINGLE word I say, so I'm alone on this... So don't twist my words! I am happy to take everyones advise, if you don't have anything nice to say way are you saying anything at all!

I am scared to be in the house alone, but love to read about ghost and watch them on tv. I just like it. I'm a mixture of fear and excitement. I feel both, scared and also excited by them, its a mixture

I hope I helped you with your "confusion" with my story, I am both, love ghost but can be afraid at times, especially when I'm alone on the matter...

-ghostlver6678
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-03)
ghostlover6678

I'm confused, are you scared or not? I find you are contradicting yourself.
For example you say things like:

"I am very frightened to be in the house alone..."

Then you say things like:

"but I'm not afraid... Trust me... My name isn't ghostlover for nothing".

Then you ask for help and advice and then refuse to take it and tell us exactly what you want us to say.

"all I need to be told "Aisling... There's nothing to be afraid of... You an handle it, you are the boss, you live here"

"aI need to be told everything is going to be alright and that I won't have to be scared anymore:'"

Sorry but if your advice is the only advice you want to hear, then I strongly recommend you take it.

Confused
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
Oh and to answer your question SugarySweetGirl. I know for a fact that my dog couldn't have climbed onto the bed. For two good reasons.

One being the fact that I was at my cousins house (they did not have any pets at that time, but now have a dog) and my dog always sleep down stairs in the kitchen, with the door closed.

Two, I can tell you she wouldn't bother leaving the heated kitchen and her warm basket to come upstairs to me and lie at the end of my bed! Lol! 😁 I appreciate the help from you! Thank you!

-ghostlover6678 ❀ ❀
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-18)
Ye're all very kind and helpful with ye're comments... I find what I experienced to be VERY real. Ye are all right about the whole "growing up thing" and I respect that 😁. I have had my fair share of experiences but I'm not afraid... Trust me... My name isn't ghostlover for nothing πŸ˜‰ Thanks all ❀
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
I agree with Rook, in the sense that scratching noises and clicking noises can easily be explained from anything. Pipes running through the house. Bags, such as plastic ones can easily give off a "scratching" noise when caught in the right breeze. So can posters on your walls if they're loose. But what intrests me the most is when you said you felt someone in your bed. Did your dog happen to be on your bed with you? And maybe he jumped off? The first thing I would do is research the house online. Who knows? You may find something. Then, I would DEFINATELY leave a light on or something. Not saying it will drive away spirits, but it may give you a little peace of mind?
Murraymints (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Well my opinion its got nothing to do with hormones or anything like that I'm only 18 and I get stuff too like you. So I know how you feel. But I recently joined this editation thing and when you feel scared or anything call in your guardian angels and ask them to protect you and maybe someone that has died recently that was close to you they will always protect you so if you ask them say if your scared they will protect you. Arch agel michael I call on him. 😁
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
I am going to answer all of stephys questions, sorry I am taking so long, I hadn't a clue that my story had been published... Anyway. I have lived in this house from the day I was brought home from the hospital. Its is not a new house but an exceptionally old one. Yes I have investigated the house to find the cause of the problem, but have yet to find it. Many of you are saying I am going through a lot of changes. I realize that... But here is what I would lie to say...

1: Rook, you said that I may be self conscious about my body. Am I? No not at all, I am the way I am.

4 I have already gone through my puberty... Hormones etc. I had started at 12.

3 No one seems to mention about the figures out of the corner of my eyes or the clicking on door handles or the slamming of doors. Why not?

4I realize that you are trying to make me feel better, but telling me it's not a ghost when it is... Just isn't helping, as much as I appreciate it all I need to be told "Aisling... There's nothing to be afraid of... You an handle it, you are the boss, you live here" Having a family who doesn't believe you is very hard on me, so again being told by strangers even is even harder, aI need to be told everything is going to be alright and that I won't have to be scared anymore:' (thank you all and god bless:') ❀ ❀ ❀
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
I just want to let you all know, I have now been 2 weeks in secondary school (high school) and am really loving it... I have a lode of friends and love the new subjects, its great craic all together:D But I am sorry to say, the events have continued. So if I'm not nervous or anxious anymore about anything... Then is it a ghost after all... Read the story again and take in everything. If you think about it, if all of this was anxiety, then what would happen if it is to be a real ghost? ❀ ❀ ❀ god bless you all for helping me:D I would like to let it be known that my house is in fact 100 years old (more) and 3, 4 or even five people have died in my house... Is it them? My dad and granddad, who are thankfully alive and well, have also experienced encounters, am I taking after them?
ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
Thanks every single one of you for commenting. And I do realize that I am going through a fair bit of change and maybe some of these activities are nothing but my imagination... But saying that, I really do know a lot of these encounters aren't puberty related. I have said to myself "Aisling, your being ridiculous, there's nothing there" but I do believe there is in fact something there. I am very frightened to be in the house alone... And for a 13 year old girl, it is strange to want to be with her mother all the time in the house. I have seen things most girl shouldn't see in their live time (ghost related) and these were not figures of my imagination, I wish they were. Help me. Thank you for reading:') ❀ ❀ ❀
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Rough guess, I'd recommend that you get yourself a set of live traps that can capture rats. You'll want to eliminate the possibilities.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
I agree with what Rook said. If you say that you are also getting anxiety about starting a new school phase top that with pueberty you could have poltergiest activty. Which I feel is nothing more than energy. Not an intelligent ghost.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Stephy - I meant to say something about a comment you made earlier. Sometimes reality can be a whole lot scarier πŸ˜‰. Seriously πŸ˜†

Sorry, ghostlover, didn't mean to take over your story.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Miracles, what's funny about the "eyes" is I figured they were some kind of powerbox even at night. But they looked so freaky! They were blinking! But not to any pattern, or evenly or anything! It was like they were moving. So that was a little weird.

It was so dark, I couldn't tell at night, but when I looked in the morning, there was a lilac bush next to it, and the branches hung over the lights slightly. SO the red lights were actually steadily glowing red, but when the breeze pushed the branches over, at night it gave the impression that they were blinking or moving. πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Stephy - oops, forgot the "eyes." How could I have forgotten the eyes πŸ˜†! You did good, though πŸ˜‰
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Oh my Miracles, you made me blush a little. 😳

I do very much believe ghosts exist (though I myself have never seen one, much to my disappointment). I think, however, most of the time its not a ghost, but something very simple.

Remember, imaginations are a scarier place than reality.

I do believe that she is frightened, and I'm sorry that you feel that way Ghostlover! Remember, no one can make you feel bad without your consent! Just deny them the pleasure, whether real people or ghosts. 😁

I'm sure if you summon up some courage, and a little investigating you'll find yourself to be much braver than you thought!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Excuse me, ghostlover. I want to make a comment to stephyw2001.

Stephy - I want to commend you on being smart enough to investigate the noises to find out they were normal noises, not paranormal. It's too easy for our minds to create a scary situation in the dark. Even as adults, we can create a "ghost" out of a curtain casting a shadow on a wall.

Thanks for posting that. I think a lot of people needed to read that. Not necessarily on just this story.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
How long have you been in this house? Is it new to you, or have you lived there a while? I ask because are these noises something that recently developed, or just new noises in a new house?

When I worked in Traverse City for a summer, I was to room with 7 other girls, but the first night I arrived, I was the ONLY one in the old house. It was a bit creepy, I'll admit. I was totally alone, in pitch blackness. When I looked out the window, I saw a pair of red glowing "eyes". I heard clicking sounds and scratching noises and the toilet would flush on its own.

I thought "Oh great, haunted house and I'm all alone". I had to fall asleep with headphones on so I wouldn't hear it anymore.

Well in the morning I investigated. The "glowing eyes" was a transformer box from across the street. The clicking was the radiant heaters that ran along the floor at the base of the wall. The scratching was because we had a mouse problem. And the toilet flushing on its own was because the inside of the toilet had a ring that needed replacing, so it was constantly draining, and then flushed itself.

I bring this up because that night it seemed so scary, but after finding the cause of the noise, it was nothing at all. Good luck! 😊
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
I lot of this could be contributed to teen stress, hormones, whatever. A lot of it is explainable, some of it is not.

You may have already have been asleep or partially asleep when the wardrobe started to click. The scratching in the floor could have been rodents or some other sort of animal.

The eerie, spooky feelings could just be that, eerie feelings. People are amazing and can pick up on feelings and emotions or sense things, but at the same time, it's just as easy for our brains to trick us into feeling false emotions.

Good luck with everything.
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Telekinesis / Psychokinesis otherwise known as mind over matter. This can sometimes manifested during adolescent puberty when other mental and bodily adaptations take place. Some believe that while going through puberty the body creates energy that attracts ghosts but others believe (including myself) that it is not ghosts at all, but are instead telekinetic abilities manifested by a living adolescent. (particularly females, going through puberty)

Your body is going through a lot of changes right now and starting high school is scary. But for most high school can be the start of some really great memories. So, just relax and everything should be fine.

Take rooks advise and start a Journal. He's a smart cookie and gives some great advise.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
ghostlover6678,

You give your age...13... Based on that I have to ask something.

You described experiences that happened over a two week time frame... How long, over all, have you been experiencing things?

I ask because you are at an age that Poltergeist/Spirit activity may develop around a 'pre-teen / teenager'. Your body is going through a lot of changes and as you observed..."I have become very distressed with all of this and seeing that I am getting ready to go into secondary school, it is a tough time for me."

A tough time indeed as your body goes through physical changes... During this time 'spirits' may be attracted to you or the 'events' happening around you are actually coming from you... It has to do with the 'energy' being used/released by your body at this time of your bodies development.

Some of the things you described may have a natural reason for happening... The scratching under your home may have been an animal for example... Some of the 'being watched' feeling may be you being 'self conscious' as your body goes through the 'changes' it's going through.

I do not doubt things are happening around you... As you mention that you have experienced things not only in your own home, but at your cousins house as well.

Start keeping a Journal... Make special note of the times that things happen... Time of day... Time of month... And compare them to 'other' things your body is going through at this time. You may find some 'correlations' with your experiences and your 'natural cycle'.

Please keep us posted... More details can lead to a better understanding of what's happening around you.

Respectfully,

Rook
ghostboi (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
good luck with everything
Get your house blessed it will help alot

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: