You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Woman Calling My Name

Real Ghost Stories

Woman Calling My Name

 

To start this story off, I'd like to mention that this only happened when I was about 10, so I may have forgotten a couple of details but this is how I remember it. My house was built by my family, so there is no history to it, so I'm a little confused as to what had happened.

So one night, I was fast asleep, just a normal night. Around 1am I usually always woke up, it was just something that I was used to and I usually just fell straight back asleep. But this night was different; I was awoken around this time by somebody calling my name. They called it about three times. At first I thought it was my mum waking me up for some unknown reason, so I roughly asked "WHAT?!".

They never replied, so I looked up at the person. I didn't recognise her at all, they were about 60-70 years of age, with white/grey hair and a long white gown on. I was probably staring at this person for what felt like an eternity, but was probably only like a couple of seconds until I realised I could see the photo frame behind her. I was looking straight through this person. So being a 10 year old, I screamed as loud as I could and threw my blankets over my head and shut my eyes as hard as I could until my mum ran in asking what happened. Being this age, I didn't want to tell my mum what had happened, I felt stupid and uneasy.

I've had my theories that it could of been one of my grandparents that had passed, but I'd never met them before in my life so I didn't understand why they'd come visit me.

Other then that I haven't had many major things happen that are unexplanable. The only things are sounds of footsteps and my dogs occasionally barking/staring at a corner of a room.

Please do comment if you have any theories.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Curiosity-1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Curiosity-1,

I would just like to say that sometimes it doesn't matter how old a house is, a ghost can be connected to the proprty itself. Having said that, in your case, I think you are probably right and it was just a grandparent checking up on you. Maybe next time you should smile and say hi.

Best,
Fanny ❤
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
It honestly didn't seems harmless? As in it seemed harmful? Lol I'm supposing that was just a typo. This seems like a nice experience, but I can understand that it would have been terrifying to a ten year old. I still have both my grandmas but one isn't nearly all there anymore... I fear it won't be long until... Well anyway I like this story. It's one of the more believable on this site.
ghosthunters123 (1 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
curiosity-1 hi I am a ghost hunter I could help you with this problems if you need help just message me back and I will tell you every thing you want to now about this activity seeing an old women just message me back thank you...
Curiosity-1 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Thank you both, now that I think about it, I really do wish I tried speaking to it... It honestly didn't seem harmless, I guess because of how unusual it was, it scared me.
😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Curiosity-1 - have you ever looked at pictures of your deceased relatives to see if you could figure out who it might have been that visited you? I agree that it probably was a grandmother stopping in to see you. Since you never met her, that would have been a great reason for her to have popped in.

I honestly believe there was no intent to scare you, but due to your age unfortunately it happened. If you have the opportunity, and you care to, I'd see if you could find someone who has pictures and look through them. See if you can figure out who you might have seen.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-31)
Curiosity-1.
I have to believe that you are correct in thinking it may have been one of your grandparents. Simply because she called you by name gives me the feeling she was coming back just to see you.

Jav ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: