You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Am I Paranoid?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Paranoid?

 

Let me start by telling you a bit about the following. I have no idea of the history of my house although it isn't over 100 years old. My family does not believe in ghosts and give me explanations for almost everything. I do accept most things would have an explanation, but it's just the mass amount of things that happen and I would love to hear opinions, so please feel free to comment me anything.

It's in the last couple of years that things have started happening. The first I can remember is two years ago, my friend and I were sitting on my bed home alone. There was a freezing cold patch of air, so we creeped out, turned my music off and sat downstairs. My music began playing loud enough for us to hear downstairs, and how: we have no idea. When I've been sitting on my own in my living room, the lights have flickered really fast and would only stop after a couple of minutes. This has happened a couple of times but only to me. Sometimes when I was younger I'd remember shutting my window, coming back in and it would be open. Although these memories are vague.

Recently, I've began getting so creeped I can't be alone. One night I woke up around 3am and I could disctinctly hear my kitchen drawers opening/shutting. I shrugged it off as being my mum. But it carried on for at least 5 minutes, by then I was going to go check my mums room; then the smoke alarm went off and in blind panic I ran to my mums room. We checked downstairs, the alarm stopped and nothing was out of place.

Me and my bestfriend are usually the ones to hear footsteps above us and one time there was LOUD scratching on the wall. A door to my towel cupboard upstairs was moving fairly fast backwards and forwards within small range. Although there were no windows open upstairs. Just little things like this.

My radio often turns on by itself with a number of us seeing it. My mum says the button must be stuck, but its not a button that presses down far at all. It takes a tiny click.

One night me and two other friends were sitting in my conservatory talking about demons. Just as I was asked if I believed in them, the loudest noise you could imagine slammed down on the room above me and travelled across the roof. Outside, I couldn't see any animals although it was dark.

Another night, there were four of us home alone downstairs. We heard a small banging noise upstairs so two of them went upstairs to see. The second floor was fine and the noise had stopped, when they reached the top floor they said they'd heard a loudish bang and ran downstairs. Everyone says my house freaks them out when they're in it. I accept that the next thing I'm about to say could've easily been me in my sleep, but I've woken up with two parallel scratches on my neck but very close together. They were quite wide and stayed there for at least a week.

I know this is random things that can have an explanation, but I just need some opinions, is it just me being paranoid?

A few months ago I experienced my first death of a loved one. I'm still very raw about it now and cry often just at the thought of death being so final and inevitable. I'd like to see a medium, to ask about these happenings and my deceased friend. Could you recommend any? I live in Kent, UK. Thanks so much.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, m-reilly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

m-reilly (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
hello all,
You're all so lovely and didn't expect such a number of replies, thanks to each and every one of you.
I'm so scared now that I can't be home alone still, it's ridiculous. The other day I was watching tv and I seriously felt like I saw something in the corner of my eye, nothing was there. Then I was sitting and a feather dropped on my lap, there were no windows open...I'm freaked haha!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
No I cannot recommend any mediums. Either online or off. As most of them tend to be experts at cold reading techniques, and not at all good at contacting ghosties.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
It sounds like you may have a ghost. It doesn't sound dangerous or harmful. It appears to only want attention. You don't have a demon so please don't think that.

I grew up in a house with ghosts and you are experiencing some of the same things I did.
chunkeylumpkins (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
wow! That's crazy! I'm sorry that all this is happening to you so soon after losing someone, I suggest that you do find a paranormal team, or someone with experience with this type of haunting. I do not suggest you converse or try to talk to it. This spirit or what ever could see that as a sign to come in and wreak more havoc than it has.

Good luck and I hope that it all works out for you.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
The things that you're describing indicate something paranormal is definitely going on. I'm usually one to blame the normal at the first sign of strange happenings, but the excessive bangs and whatnot would indicate otherwise. I know that it's usually around the 3 to 4 o'clock 'witching hour' during the night where spirits tend to be more active, so that could explain the sudden sound of drawers opening. Best of luck to you and keep us posted on any further occurrences!
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
According to me there could be n- number of reasons like voltage fluctuations and many other reasons like animals and stuff. A good idea would be to try a change of place and environment. See if things get better. If you still feel its a paranormal activity, you must call for help. And as you suggested mediums, many are just trying to rob you. You can always approach people who investigate these phenomena, they would be more than happy to establish the fact if they find something and then go through some rituals according to your faith and religion. The worst thing you can do is trying to do something like contacting the stuff which is quite dangerous, since we find it most difficult to control ourselves at situations and even lose control, don't think you can try to control the stuff which we know very less about. Take care and sorry for the loss. Just remember being paranoid is nothing wrong, its just how you proceed with it.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
I agree that any one of those things could be explained away, but I also see how the piling up of unusual events would freak you out. Under these circumstances it is difficult to say what is going on. It could be that the first few things that happened spooked you and now you are on alert for anything that you feel could be paranormal, making monsters out of mice figuratively speaking. On the other hand, something could be causing these things to happen.
I would caution against seeing a professional medium, so many, sadly even those with what appears to be real abilities of some kind prey on people in pain. Some people have reported having luck with getting answers by asking for help through their dreams. They ask the universe, their god, or even the spirit of the dead person to send them a message through their dreams. It sounds like your loss came well after you started noticing the unusual events so I would not assume that these things are connected to your loved one. I hope you find some peace of mind.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
Hello -
Sounds like there's a lot going on. Let me see if I've got it all straight...

1) It's possible the electrical things going on (the music, the radio - and were they the same unit?, the lights) could all be electrical surges or something like that. There have been some solar flares lately too, those can do weird things to electronics.
Is the smoke alarm wired into the house, or is it battery operated?

2) Some of the noises could be animals or birds on the roof. I lived in a house that I later discovered had rats - and while I heard "Scritching" noises, I never saw one. They were in the walls and attic. Where I live now, I hear loud THUMPS on the roof fairly often, and sometimes footsteps. The thumps, I found, were very well-fed crows, they land right over my bed on the roof. The footsteps are either raccoons or squirrels... And they are always gone by the time I move to try to see them.

3) Towel cupboard door and kitchen drawers - house settling, maybe? Otherwise I've got nothing.

Right now you're probably on edge, and I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Just hang in there. Try not to jump at every sound. Could be your friend is trying to reach you, could be just everyday things. Remember to breathe... And try to relax.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: