You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted House Complete With Haunted Refrigerator

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House Complete With Haunted Refrigerator

 

I have had many paranormal experiences since I moved into this house, but the strangest is my haunted double door refrigerator. It reacts to emotions with agony, empathy, anger, sadness, etc. Moans. A psychic who came in to investigate the paranormal occurrences in this house recorded the sounds. When played at a slower speed, the words, "murdered, killed" could be clearly heard. Anyone with the heart to take it is welcome to it. It works fine, with the exception of the unnerving moaning and groaning. One could say it is a failing motor, except that, one day I turned around and told it to shut the "f" up. Immediately, it raised the volume and the sound changed to overbearingly loud, angry mumbling. It seemed to be attempting to articulate and sounded like something from a horror movie. I abruptly left the premises and returned only after my friend agreed to spend the night. I could not convince him to spend another.

I only heard that angry mumbling twice since I've had it, but that was quite enough for me. I have no doubt, and neither does anyone else who remains here for an extended time, this entire house is haunted. I hear mumbling voices but cannot find the source. The psychic heard them on one of her visits and asked me if I heard them too. I told her that I always hear them, but I was reluctant to admit it to anyone. It was during that visit that she made the "murdered, killed" recording.

I have the feeling of being touched, and the touch is like an electric chill. I woke up one morning and found marks between my legs that looked like finger marks on the inside of my thighs as if someone had attempted to force them apart. When I attempted to move my bowels, I felt agonizing pain as if my intestines were attempting to pass through my rectum. I was in that state for about three days. When I was about to go to the emergency room, the pain subsided.

The lights dim and brighten on occasion, stopping when I put on a Christian tv broadcast. The dimming and brightening follows me from room to room, dispelling the theory that an appliance is draining the current. There are different breakers involved. The dvd player shuts off as if someone pressed the stop button. The fan begins to oscillate on it's own. Ojects fall off hooks; strange sudden pungent smells, somewhat like a really unclean man; sudden strong cologne, even on the deck in broad day light. My dog stares at something that his gaze follows around the room. Last night, the refrigerator began moaning in a different, more woesome sound. The dog had been following, with his gaze, something that only he could see. I have seen this reaction many times before, but last night it eventually terrified him. He went into complete terror and panic mode.

I am not sure I will ever be completely rid of all spirits, but the one that arrived with the refrigerator has got to go. When it first arrived, used from my landlord, the moaning started up. Because it is placed next to the basement door, for a couple of weeks, I thought the moaning was coming from the basement. I finally realized it was emanating from the fridge. A month or so after I moved in, I was taking a bath when someone called my name loud and clear. I jumped up out of the tub and tried to convince myself that I was mistaken. Then it repeated my name very clearly.

In the first weeks, I heard noises that sounded like someone walking on the creaky board in the kitchen. Then, on three occasions, it felt like someone bumped the back of my desk chair very hard. The bump was so extreme, I jumped up to look around expecting to find someone behind me. So many, many things happened that I eventually called in an investigative psychic. She set up all kinds of equipment and I went off to work a twelve hour day. Prior to setting up her equipment, on her initial visit, she said she saw spirits. She stated there was a well dressed, tall dark man standing in the doorway from the kitchen to the dining room. She seemed to be describing my recently deceased childhood sweetheart with whom I was still very close to since childhood.

She stated there was a man in the bathroom whom I am not acquainted with, but who is attached to an object in the bathroom. She stated there was an old lady and, in the hallway, a very unhappy little girl. She did not follow up with a report of her investigative findings nor did she research the history of this house. I do know that the house is reported to be haunted. The grass cutter said his friend told him, "Man, I had to get out of there. That house is haunted."

This house had been unoccupied for years; creepy in appearance before my landlord bought and renovated it. He changed the façade and interior design. For some unknown reason, the floor is raised which creates a step down into the kitchen. My 5'9" son can almost flatten his hand on the ceiling. A couple who resided here for only a month after the renovation, advised me to move out. They would provide no reason other than that "the floor is uneven."

So many, many strange things happen in this house. Intolerable to me, is the moaning refrigerator. Say it's the motor if you like; I beg to differ. I recorded the sounds on three occasions on my cell phone. You would not like what you hear if you were to listen to it; no one has. If you are up to experiencing the paranormal, come and pick up this refrigerator for FREE! I would not want to pass it on to an unsuspecting person, but some would welcome the adventure. If you are that person, please reply to let me know when you want to pick it up in Rock Hill, MO (St. Louis County). With the exception of the strange noises, it is in good physical and operating condition. It is a double door with a built in ice maker/crusher with cold water.

Oh yes, this house was also in the path of the underground rail road carrying slaves to freedom. Rock Hill Road is a stone's throw from this house, a mere stroll down the road, especially in those days. If it was used to conceal slaves, no telling what else happened here. There is a very strange, dirt filled crawl space where a room would be. There is a window allowing one to peer into the area. There may be a very logical explanation for the dirt filled area in the place of a room. Also, no telling what happened here during the abandoned years. After the refrigerator has been removed, a priest is coming in to bless the house. I want that to happen like yesterday. I am adventurous by nature, but this one exceeds even my sky high limitations.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eloquentimagery, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
One more thing that I wanted to mention...
To post photos or recordings that go along with your experience, you can do so by sending it/them as a reply to the address on the confirmation email you received when your story was accepted/published. Remember to also send the link to your story from your browser as well.
I hope this helps.

Jav 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
eloquentimagery,
Thank you for returning and bringing us updates on your progress with the investigative team. It sounds like things are moving along well, as far as getting evidence is concerned. Have they done any background research on the property and home at all? If so, could you share some of that with us?
What about you? How are you fairing these days? I hope you have been given some relief from what you were experiencing previously. Because, let me tell you lady, you are a much braver soul than I!
How's your dog these days? I do worry about the effect of negative paranormal energy on our pets. Their sensitivity level is naturally so much higher than ours, that I fear they get no relief from that energy, as opposed to us. I worry about what happens when no one else is around.
Mostly, I'm happy to hear that you are getting some assistance with this problem. 😊 It's about damn time too.
Lady, you write that book! I'll be one of the first purchasers of it when it comes out.

Jav ❤

~~If you would rather not share any of the information publicly, I will understand.~~
eloquentimagery (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-08)
My post to FACEBOOK: If you believe in God, the devil and angels, you believe in spirits. I have not shared with too many people, the paranormal activity going on in this house. The person who lived here before me immediately after the renovations, moved out abruptly after only one month with no explanation. A previous tenant, before the renovations, moved out because he said it was haunted. His words, "Man, I had to move out of that house. That house is haunted!" I called Michael Angley, TELEVISION PRODUCER, INVESTIGATOR, ON AIR PERSONALITY. PRODUCER OF DISCOVERY PARANORMAL, and related my experiences in this house. He referred me to a team here in St. Louis that works with him. At this moment, they are conducting their investigation. They already heard a loud voice in the basement shushing them or someone. They have experienced the electric chills and this is really off the chain! I am sitting here in the living room and the customary moans and groans have ceased. I have audio recordings, so that does not matter. I will keep you posted on the progress of the investigation and maybe we can find out who is attempting to communicate and what they want say. One recording said, "murdered, killed" but who, when and why. Oh yes, my house was deserted for years before the renovations and is in the path of the underground railroad as well. There is a creepy crawl space just perfect for hiding runaway slaves. Friends who did not believe me, left here devout believers in the paranormal. This experience is definitely the makings of a book! If I told you all I have experienced in this house, you would not believe me, and I don't give a damn if you do or don't! At last, we will get to the bottom of this craziness.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
Here we go again with the lack of respect for the elders. I really don't like this trend. I was going to say something facetious about the story. Strictly in jest, but I'm not going to do it now seeing as how eloquentimagery has been put through the ringer for no reason.

Eloquentimagery, that's one interesting refrigerator! I'd love to hear it! My contact info is under my profile if you wouldn't mind sending the audio to me.

I know fridges can make weird sounds. Mine does occasionally and I'm thinking, "What the...?" However, I don't think that mine or others' fridges that I've witnessed making strange sounds have anything paranormal attached to them. STOP! OK. Continue. The sounds that eloquentimagery has described seem far beyond what I'd consider the "normal" strange sounds that a fridge could make. Thus, I believe that something unexplainable by a technician or electrician is happening.

The floor being raised is definitely strange. I could understand if it were a server room or a room with an array of electronic equipment. One might want the floor raised to hide wiring or to have a cooling system underneath. But in a house? That's weird. Having said that though, are your vents in the floor or the ceiling? And is your house on a concrete slab or does it have a crawl space?

Even if the raised floor can be explained away, the room filled with dirt is not normal by any stretch. I'd have the proper authorities come in and inspect that room after Michael Angley and/or his crew investiage the house.

Without getting too graphic, I think it's horrible that some entity violated both you and your granddaughter that way. I hope that you and your granddaughter are never attacked like that again.

I tend to have better than average writing skills and often cringe when I see bad grammar. However, I usually don't say anything about it as that is not the purpose of this or other sites that I frequent. I say this because I think the main reason people see my stories as believable is that I'm my own skeptic. Thus, I tend to write my stories from a skeptic's point of view. Plus, I'm analytical to the extreme.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Eloquent, I'm so sorry that you weren't taken seriously, but as with any site you're going to have some laughs and joking, even if you're not laughing yet yourself. I highly HIGHLY recommend that after your investigation team goes through and gets all they want or need, that you follow rookdygins cleansing method, with an additional step at the end.
Rook has helped many people, and I'm confident in his process. I use different methods of removing unwanted "things" from homes and have used a method similar to rooks for nearly 30 years. At the end of the cleansing, put sea salt into a container that won't catch fire or melt. Add flammable spirits. This can be anything from rubbing alcohol to rum as long as it burns. Let this mixture set for a few minutes, then light it with a piece of paper towel, a long candle lighter or a long match. You may add sage if you like, broken into small bits. Burn a small amount in each room starting from the lowest part of the house, let it burn out entirely. Concentrate an extra burning of the salt in anyplace that is a hot spot. Goe to the next floor and repeat the process. Each time you burn the salt, say a prayer (any prayer will do) then tell the spirit (s) exactly how you feel about them and then tell them that they are no longer welcome to stay there. Be adamant, be tough, be mean, and mean it!
After burning the salt, save it in a small container by your front door. If anything acts up around you again, sprinkle a little of the salt on the area and tell it that it's not welcome here.

Everything is going to be ok. Remember that.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Welcome back lady!
First of all, don't let any of the garbage you've read here get to you. Take it from me, I get this crap constantly! I just won't give them the satisfaction of letting them think they could drive me away.
I'm glad to hear you are still sane and your still fighting back. That's always a good sign. You're a tough old broad and I'm loving you for it! Stick with it lady, you'll come through this.

Jav

~There has to be a way to upload the EVP because others have done it. Try writing to the "Contact us" link above, they should help you.~
eloquentimagery (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
Because I do not want my regular email address flooded with a bunch of crap, I am going to create an email address: ghoststories [at] eloquentimagery.com. If you want to listen to the audio, please send request to this email address.
eloquentimagery (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
I will send one of the audio files captured on my cell phone to anyone who provides an email address. Most sites only allow video and pics. I would love to upload it to this site if anyone can provide the instructions to do so.
eloquentimagery (1 stories) (7 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-17)
[at] Jarman: Are you really a believer or just someone coming onto sites like this to make fun of people who do believe?
[at] nighthingale23: That was my and my friend's first thought when I realized the moaning was not coming from the basement, but the fridge sitting right next to the basement door.
[at] Indigo: I decided to keep the fridge when Michael Angley stated what I had already thought may be possible. It may be an entity simply using the only means available to communicate audibly. I want the investigation even before I have the house blessed to have everything just as I experience it now when it is done. Also, you hit it on the head! I was reluctant to say that I thought I was sodomized, as was my grand daughter. It sounds so absurd, but so does hearing someone call out my name so clearly, so does the finger marks on the insides of my thighs that appears as if someone attempted to pry my legs apart; so does all this Shit going on in the damn house. Others who could afford to, moved out abruptly. I can not afford to move, and as Michael Angley, told me, this is my home and nobody is running me out of it. It is the cutest little cottage you ever saw, and I like it!
Regarding all the silly, negative or downright stupid comments, I thought I had come to a site where I could interact with others who had similar experiences, but I see that most are non-believers. They are ridiculing me and saying some f'd up stuff I would never expect from believers of the paranormal. To them, this is all just a joke... Far from being a joke! Most responders either did not bother to actually read my post, or do not have the mental capability of grasping basic concepts. I am not the only one who has experienced the paranormal in this house. My room renter could not take it and moved out. She was afraid to be in the house alone, as is my grand daughter. My grand daughter was a doubting Thomas until she heard a man and a little girl talking and could not find the source of it. Any one who hears this fridge is terrified to come back. I recorded it on my phone but cannot seem to figure out how to upload audio onto any site. I am an intelligent woman; I am a writer; I owned and operated a Graphic Design, Printing and Mailing business for over 15 years. I also have an IQ of 130, a bit above average I think. Why people are focusing on my above average writing skills, is far beyond my comprehension... It does not compute at all. So what if I write well? I lived in terror for months while my son flipped between being angry because he believed, not believing and being forced to believe again. He drove me out of my wits. He stayed here with me because I was mortified, but he hated every moment of it. He even made the same statement as the person before regarding bodies being buried in the strange, dirt filled crawl space. A hell of a knight in shining armour he turned out be! The negative stuff seems to have stopped when my Catholic girl friend stayed over night and sprinkled holy water all over the house, including the basement. But, I (we) still hear vague distant mumbling conversations, still smell strange sudden foul and overly aromatic smells and still listen to the fridge moaning and groaning with varying emotional tones. Michael Angley referred me to a paranormal investigator who works with him in this area and I am awaiting his visit. He states that his goal is to find out who is attempting to communicate with me as well as their message. He also states it is not uncommon to use a fridge, tv or any means available to attempt to communicate. Also, I know the difference between being constipated and that mess I went though! I eat natural and extremely healthy food, so much so that my friends tease me. That episode I went through was thoroughly f'd up, to say the least. The bottom line is, most of the people who responded compel me to regret ever trusting this site to connect me with people who understand what I am going through... And I probably will write a book about all this mess when it is finally over. Again, please forgive this old lady for sounding (and looking) like a younger woman and especially forgive my above average writing skills that seem to bother you so much. This situation is really annoying, but I am not terrified any more. I don't know if I would be so brave and secure if I did not have BeBe, my dog, living here with me now. In fact, I know I could not live here alone ever again, even after blessing or any other cleansing.
caj (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-14)
eloquentimagery,
I have experience with a house on the underground railway in sw Iowa (highly charged with emotion). It could very well be that some horrible person raped, abused and even murdered these trapped undocumented people. I might agree with Mabs_Sith_Lord that the entity is trying to communicate utilizing the fridge. This person was probably buried under the house and needs to be acknowledged. Just beware that the negative entity is also present.
I don't think it's the fridge.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
I'll be in Missouri around Thanksgiving! Close to you, I think. That sounds like one scary fridge. Never heard of something like that. Sounds like you have a really active house. Everything has probably been said in the comments already. But what a fascinating thing, to have a hounted refrigerator!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
eloquentimagery,

Wow look what happens when I 'take a break'. LoL...

Interesting situation you seem to find yourself in. When I first read through your experience I 'focused' on the Fridge part... I then re-read it and focused on the other details of your experiences in your home.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I echo the others... Is there a way you can upload the recording and share it with us? Or is it possible you could send it to me via the e-mail address that is in my profile.

I feel some explaining needs to be done concerning the 'Cleansing /Shielding technique of mine that Javelina offered you (Thanks Jav... 😁).

If followed as posted the first steps are designed to lessen possible negative environments / energies that any 'spirits' may be drawing energy from... It does not involve any direct interaction with any 'spirits / entities' in the home. It merely allows for an 'atmosphere exchange' with in the residence. This 'exchange' allows for a 'natural' interchange between the 'fresh, outside and positive' energies and 'bottled up, inside negative' energies. After that is done only then does the owner (in your case renter) come back and attempt to 'cleans' (push out) any 'left over' negative entities /energies.

Please keep us posted as to any further happenings.

Respectfully,

Rook
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Mountaineer, hon, your post hadn't been added as I wrote my post. It was not aimed at you. Your post was very well aimed at the o/p with her best interests in mind.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
this is a very interesting post thank you for adding it. I'm glad to read in your latest comments that your getting the help you need to hopefuly deal with this and get your life back.

Personaly I don't see how anyone could have thought you were a student messing around or experementing on here I definatly go the feeling this is a womans story.
Ok your a writer, so what? You know how to explain things in words that does not mean your about to make something like this up.

If you wanted to create some fiction I very much doubt a haunted fridge would be the first thing to pop in your mind.

This is not a work of fiction, this is not a student messing about.
This is someone looking for advice and help, not ridicule.

[at] indigo how anyone could miss that I have no idea it was all in the same part of the post!
Some people don't "read" a story before making notes to pick at, there for missing the bigger picture.

Eloquentimagery I hope you have the results your looking for soon, and I hope you will come back and keep this post updated and add some more stories too.
All the very best
Carl
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
[at] Indigo: I for one was telling the author that they absolutely need to go see their doctor. Excruciating rectal and abdominal pain are symptoms of colorectal cancer, which one of my aunts died from and why I directed my comment towards it. I commented out of concern for the author's health.
Indigo (263 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Thank you eloquent for adding more to your story, the info that you've given about the fact that you're talking to it frequently and it responds helps immensely.

If you can communicate with it effectively by giving it a set scale to answer you with, ie tell it to give one set answer for yes, a completely different sound for no, you might get some solid answers. For some strange reason, when I read your reply, it felt like your ghost was murdered, but by someone that has killed several people, and not just himself. (was he a gay man?) Try the question answer session and let me know if it works.

To everyone that's focused solely on the rectal thing- geez. Cmon people, she's trying to DELICATELY state that she believes she was sodomized (anally raped etc), which is possible, and shouldn't be discounted. Most Women know well when they're constipated, and know that bruises on the inner thighs and rectal pain generally aren't part of that problem, so pointing that out, I feel, was in poor taste.
Jarman, yeah. It might pi$$ it off, but sometimes you HAVE to pi$$ things off to get them to go away...

Last, I posted earlier to check out the control panel onthe fridge. Many times ghosts have been reported to use electrical or electronic items to their benefit. I also offered the info to sell the fridge on eBay. The reasoning behind this was that many "haunted items" sell for high prices, allowing you to have the means and wherewithal to relocate.

I think that if you did get rid of the fridge and move, the hauntings will continue anyway, but since it's clearly trying to speak to you, it needs to tell you what it (but I feel more that it's a THEY) need to move on. You can either move, or try to help.

Please try the q/a session then let us know what answers you get.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
[at] eloquentimagry: If you are experiencing excruciating pain in your rectal region, you seriously need to go see your doctor and get a colonoscopy or something. I highly doubt that that is the work of an entity, but pain/bleeding in that region wether or not you are using the restroom can be a sign of some really serious medical conditions. Take your granddaughter with you too, if she has experienced it as well.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
eloquentimagery,
Why thank you for saying so! But I'm afraid you may not feel the same after you catch one of my shouting matches here. That's the real test! And it looks like some one's trying to flag me down now. What do you know?
You'll do just fine. You seem to have both feet planted firmly and I'll bet you have no problem standing tall. Just remember to breathe. That may sound silly, but I have to do it myself sometimes. 😉
I'll be back later on. Give 'em hell!

Jav ❤
JarMan (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
[at] Javelina - Yes it is Javelina. Because even if it's designed only to remove evil from the house, what if it doesn't work? Then all you've done is aggravated the spirit even more.
eloquentimagery (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Javelina, you and Michael Angley are God-sends. Because of your displays of genuine concern, I feel I am not alone any more.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
[at] eloquentimagery,
What's weird is that at first I was thinking it sounded like a grumpy old man. Then when you said it got louder after you told it to "F*%$ Off!" I was thinking it sounds more like a biotchy old lady. You may have something there with it being sorry too. Sounds like someone is looking for forgiveness perhaps? I guess you will find out more when you get an actual investigative team in there.
I sure hope this works out, you don't need any more after everything you've been through. Except maybe some rest and peace of mind, huh?
Good luck to you. At least something good is coming out of all this.

Jav
eloquentimagery (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
[at] Javelina: You are so right; at this point, I am more pissed and annoyed than afraid! I consider it an intrusion on my privacy and out of place to react to how I chastise my pet. If he is bad, he gets caged, not beaten and it works. The fact that the fridge emits a chastising groan when I curse is also annoying! If I yell at the fridge when it is moaning, it responds with a louder, more aggressive tone. I do not think that the harmful or bad spirits remained after my Catholic friend sprinkled holy water all over the house. The spirit who moans from the refrigerator actually seems to care about me. It almost seems to be interacting in a motherly way, but who wants their mother watching their every move. My mother, who treated me as though she disliked me as much as she loved me, recently passed. I closed my graphic design, printing and mailing business and relocated here to care for her until she died. I was totally devoted, rarely leaving her side, even sleeping and bathing at the hospital. I considered that it may be her feeling guilty about the lifetime of demeaning treatment.

I was also reluctant to say that it answers with moans when spoken to. I awoke one morning to find my son lying on cushions on the floor beside the fridge. He begged me not to tell anyone, but he'd spend a few hours communicating with it. It went on for hours and ceased when he told it to stop because he was tired and wanted to sleep. This is some crazy mess! People don't even want to enter this house after experiencing this stuff. I have to entertain them on the deck. I want my life back!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
eloquentimagery,
Thank you for coming back with more information. I'm very sorry if this has made it more difficult for you, we do not claim to be experts here at all. Basically we are just a giant collection of 'Black Sheep' that have experienced our own paranormal freak shows at some point in our lives.
Do keep us posted on any new developments if you wouldn't mind, it's all a learning process and anything you add to that will be much appreciated.
Thank you for sharing, and I do hope you will receive the proper assistance in coming to terms with whatever has been haunting you.
Jav
eloquentimagery (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
I read your comments and some are very useful. Since posting this story, I spoke to Michael Angley, Producer of the Paranormal tv show. He referred me to a psychic in this area who is scheduled to do an investigation in a week or so. Obviously, some did not understand many of my comments regarding my experiences. First of all, others who resided at this property had similar experiences, but had the resources to move out. Although my appearance, physical condition and comportment indicate otherwise, I am 67 years old; still sexy and cute as a button! I am a writer, so please excuse my above average writing skills which seems to cast doubt on the validity of my story to some. No matter how well I may or may not write, this house is indeed haunted!

I am not supposed to hear my name called out, human or spirit while I am taking a bath. Objects are not supposed to fall off hooks. I am not supposed to suddenly smell a funky man standing right next to me. I was reluctant to mention that a tiny fly appears before the smell; a fly that disappears into thin air. I am not supposed to awaken with bruises inside my thighs resembling finger marks and then have the excruciating pain that I experienced in my rectal area for several days. I was not constipated, I was in doubling over agony as though my intestines were being expelled through my rectum. My grand daughter later also complained that her rectum hurt for some strange reason.

In the beginning, I was a non-believer and attempted to find logical explanations for everything that occurred here. After a while, you have to accept that paranormal things are actually happening. Michael seems to feel, as I'd considered a year ago, it may not be a haunted fridge, but an entity attempting to communicate the only way it can. I decided to keep the fridge until after it has been determined who is attempting to communicate with me. It chastises me when I cage the dog. It offers empathy when I am sad or weepy. It gets angry when I use profane language. After the psychic whom Michael referred to me has done his research, I am mailing the "murdered, killed" tape to Michael.

I also have several recordings of the moaning on my cell phone; very disturbing to anyone who listens to them. I also recorded one of them to my computer to be able to post them on line.

Regarding the comment that the words, "Murdered, Killed" referred to intentions toward me, the reader misunderstood. The recording was telling us that he or she had been murdered. The psychic also heard the mumbling voices that I hear frequently. I checked the speakers and every possible source of interference that I could. The fridge moans and I hear mumbling voices so frequently, I have almost become accustomed to it. I say almost because the only time I am afraid is when the moaning becomes attempts to articulate; only happened twice.

If I were the only one to hear, smell, feel and experience all this, I would look for a psychiatrist. But the experience is not mine alone. I am not getting rid of the fridge, nor am I having the house blessed by a priest until after the investigation. I will keep you posted. Hopefully, we will soon get to the bottom of all this because I cannot afford to move. Michael Angley believes me, and that's all that matters to me right now.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
Here is the cleansing technique that our good friend Rook recommends, please feel welcome to use this yourself.

I'm going to give you a technique that should help you. At a minimum it will bring you some piece of mind... If these 'things' continue to happen after preforming these steps then you have a friendly spirit around and even though the encounters scare you because you may not understand what is happening, you do not have to worry about 'it' being something 'bad.' Please keep us updated and thank you for sharing this experience with us.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

I hope this helps, and thank you for sharing.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
eloquentimagery,
First, if there is any way you can provide a link to the EVPs you've captured so far, it would help a lot.
Second, I have to agree that some of what you've included here as possible evidence was unnecessary. But being that this is your first submission to this site, maybe the others can let up a little about it.
If you dog is flipping out, pay attention. JarMan knows this, it is actually one of the pieces of evidence he's offered up for scrutiny in an experience on the list with yours right now. Just sayin'.
The lights going wacko is another piece of evidence we hear about quite often. However you also stated that you've been bumped while sitting at your desk, which is frightening enough, so I feel for you there.
What I'm wondering is, why don't you get the landlord to pick up the fridge? I'd be pretty pissed if, on top of renting me a haunted house, the jerk went and brought in a haunted refrigerator too! You know, renters do have rights. And if I were you I would get on the Internet and check what those rights are in your state. In California, when shopping for a home to buy, if you ask about it being haunted (or rumored to be), they have to tell you the truth. People have won cases in court over it, seriously. So look up what you have where renters rights are concerned.
And that psychic? The fact that the psychic didn't get back to you is very suspicious. I wouldn't believe anything that person said after that.
To all those others who have commented and told this person not to go to the paranormal first, I agree with you. But the folks who went on to say that all that does is create fear, and they need not be so afraid? I just have to say, this person sounded more pissed than scared. At least that's how I read it. I could be wrong.

Jav

[at] Jarman,
Read the cleansing technique Rook puts up, you will find that the words used for this type of cleansing are to banish the bad, not the good. So no, it's not like firing a gun into the air.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-09-05)
I agree with JarMan... Maybe the story wasn't written to be fiction, and maybe the author actually thinks they have a haunting. But there are definitely more likely explanations for noises from kitchen appliances, animals acting weird, and less-than-comfy encounters with your toilet. Humans are pattern-seeking beings, and we really don't like coincidences. We like to know the cause of everything (except perhaps the author's bathroom woes). There are many, many instances where people stretch lines to connect things that aren't actually connected for the sake of trying to know the unknown.
JarMan (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
[at] Mabs_Sith_Lord -- I wouldn't say the story itself is BS. I believe the author either really believes their home is haunted, or they simply came to the site to write fiction.

It isn't hard to believe that they think what is happening to them is a genuine paranormal experience, but see, that's exactly the problem with a lot of the users on this website.

Too many people on here are looking for ghosts or have already made up their mind and believe what has happened to them has to be other worldly. In all of the stories I comment on, I simply give them another reasonable explanation for them to consider.

People shouldn't jump to the conclusion that their experiences are genuine haunting (s) right away. All it does is create a sense of fear and paranoia and only serves to make the situation worse.

If they took a moment to consider other things or even went out of their way to actually investigate the occurrences, they'd find a lot of times there is a simple explanation behind what is happening.

Then you have users on here that are willing to accept any sort of story that is submitted here and that is actually a major problem, people who do this are doing the author a major disservice, especially when they offer advice that might not even be necessary.

Telling someone to perform cleansing rituals or asking someone to cleanse the house for you, when you aren't even sure if there's legitimate activity is the equidistant of shooting a gun off in the dark if you ask me.

What happens if it really were just stress, emotions or imagination? What happens if you attempt to cleanse your home and then suddenly you aggravate a spirit that has actually never caused a problem in the home to begin with? I believe that is a very real possibility.

Most of the things in this story are easily explained and to assume otherwise is irresponsible. Stories about talking, murderous refrigerators and painful bowl movements only work to harm the paranormal community, when the filed is already quite damaged enough as it is to begin with.

Skepticism is just as much a important as being a believer in the paranormal, even in my own stories I admit there are possible other things that could have caused the activity in question.
rjay99 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
I really enjoyed reading your story!
A fridge telling you its wants to murder and kill would be horrifying! Does it do anything to effect your food? Or the things you keep in it?

Good luck getting rid of it and I hope it helps!
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Hi Eloquent,

Just read your story, I must admit it made for a very interesting read!

I have to disagree with Jarman (who thinks your talking BS), yes, some of the things you have mentioned can be written off as coincidence, but some others cannot, for instance, you mentioned your dog acting like he is following somone/something. It is quite well known that dogs have the ability to see spirits, and your description of his behaviour suggests that yes, he IS seeing an entity.

Also, you stated that your house was empty for some time before the land lady renovated it. I believe strongly that an empty property if left unattended for a long time attracts unwanted visitors, and. I don't mean the human kind.

Those two points above, and a few more besides give me the impresssion that your house is indeed haunted. I. Would try cleansing it. Another poster by the name of Rookdygin has some good tips on house cleansing. I hope he reads this and gets in touch with you.

Also, regarding your fridge. It could be mere coincidence, but then again, it COULD be manipulated by an entity. They are known to interfere with electrical objects, such as phones and computers. So why not a fridge? You can never write it off.

Anyway, I hope you can get the help you need.

And getting your house blessed by a priest would be a good start.

MSL

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: