You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: A Complete Violation

Real Ghost Stories

A Complete Violation

 

For those of you that have read my profile you will see that I have had two bad experiences. The first being "The Big One", and now the following describes the second.

I have had reservations on writing this one because of it's nature. It is not one of those sexual encounters, however it was a complete violation that left me feeling completely helpless.

It was a typical Saturday night filled with friends, campfires, food and entertainment. It was late into the night with most friends and family already saying the good byes. There was just small talk between Jennifer and myself as we watched the campfire die down. Jennifer decided to go inside to tidy up as our last guest left for the evening.

I was quite comfortable and stated that I was going to poke the fire a bit. My chair was facing the house/deck as I stirred the fire from my chair. I leaned back in my chair to gaze at the stars. I had only been in that position for just a minute when I realized sounds around me started to get muffled. It was like my ears were stopping up, however I never felt pressure of any kind in my ears.

I was trying to figure out what I was experiencing when suddenly a HUGE pressure laid on top of me. As if someone/something extremely heavy sat in my lap. I could not move. My reaction was to jump up but I could not budge. I had no control to lift my arms or legs. I tried to yell but was unable to get any sound out. I was completely helpless with the weight I was feeling.

This event lasted 3-4 minutes before it just stopped. All pressure gone. The nights sounds came back. I jumped to my feet and ran as fast as I could to the house. I was an absolute mess. I was shaking from head to toe. My eyes were tearing up and flowing down my face. I have never been held "captive?" like that before in my life. I had no control what so ever during those 4 minutes, as I stated before I felt completely helpless.

I screamed for Jennifer as I came in the door and she meet me in the living room. I sat myself down on the couch as I searched the room for ANYTHING that might have followed me. As I sat there, my fingers felt as if they were electrified. I could feel an intense current running through them. The whole experience left me worn and confused. I finally was able to tell Jennifer what had happened, which left her confused as well. We didn't know what to think.

My fingers eventually stopped feeling the electric feeling and I was able to calm down, a bit. I honestly don't know what it was. Paranormal? I feel it was. As you all know we have guests in and out all the time. Was this one? I don't know. Hoping you all can help with that. This happened about 2 and a half years ago. Hasn't happened since. I did not return outside that night and was fairly scared the times out after that night. Eventually as time passed so did that fear. But I do remember and think of it from time to time, especially when I'm out there by myself by the campfire.

Other hauntings by Wish-Not

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wish-Not, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

billyw999 (1 posts)
-1
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
Mike,
I am wondering if you have gone on any camping/Bigfoot investigations? Either by yourself or with others? I wonder if there is more activity/evidence when you are around? If so you might start charging a fee for your inane, perhaps, ability to attract the unknown entities out there.
Cups (7 stories) (159 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-08-10)
Sleepingwithsteve... Huh? Not off to a great start here. 😐
SleepingWithSteve (guest)
-2
6 years ago (2018-08-10)
I believe everything you say. It feels so real it can't be a dream and yet your left absolutely frozen like you are dreaming.

I have a regular ghost called Steven who visits me in the middle of the night, most nights. When he's laying on top of me I feel a weight and find it hard to breathe.

As soon as I open my eyes, he's gone. 😭
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-05)
fallenangel028- Absolutely no drugs/meds. It was a strange event that happened the one time. Of this manner anyways... Plenty of other kinds but not like this.
fallenangel028 (3 stories) (5 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-04-04)
Sounds to me like a neurological episode. Are you on any sort of medication that has potential neurological side effects?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
Well been off the grid for over ten days, whew that was a change. Was doing the Art Show. Turned out cold and frozen. We did pretty good under the conditions. Have lots of catching up on. Reading

Update on house here. Still active. Spent many day time hours home that I usually don't. Pretty cool stuff. Just random though. But fun obvious things.
GoldPhoenix (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-17)
[at] RedWolf

Nah this whole thing began after I started to go "deep" in the occult I had like 10 sp episodes a month until some time I managed to deal with the problem now those episodes normal or paranormal happen once a month and I find them a complete joke
And the seizure thing you mentioned is way different than what I experience
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-17)
Thanks Val, GoldPhoenix, and RedWolf for commenting. Tweeds and Val's reasoning seems a real possibility. I am the first to admit not everything has to paranormal.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
Whoah Valkricry that is one fascinating possibility to the weight illusion!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
Wish-Not,
Dang, son - that's a pretty scary experience! Glad to know it was the one time only. I do think however that Tweed offers a great possibility. I know that I've experienced that 'weight' issue myself, when in a relaxed state - it really can feel as if someone is sitting/laying on you or pushing down on your chest. My 'pressure' is generally from the shoulders down to my knees. Someone once told me (and I don't know if it's true or not) that what I was actually feeling was my spirit pushing against my physical barrier. That I was blocking it 'in' on some level, so not to astral project. Whatever, I think Tweed could be right.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
GoldPhoenix
you say that you have experienced 300 SP episodes in 21 years of life? Did I read that right? If so have you ever had an E.E.G. Done? You may be mistaking S.P. As a simple harmless thing but in actuality you may be having Petite Mal seizures. I would talk to a Neurologist about this and see what he says.
Respectfully
Red
GoldPhoenix (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-14)
My guess is since it was night you were probably a bit tired and while you were relaxed in that chair you slept without knowing it and experienced a sleep paralysis episode
I had like 300 of them in my 21 years of living and what I read sounds like what I experienced
I personally class them as natural but there were atleast 10 times when things got creepy I will leave this for my stories though
When it all started every time I had SP I thought I'm dying and they lasted 1 minute but now if I rarely get 1 i'm like "oh this shiat again time to wake myself up" and within 2 seconds i'm awake
I'm sure I have the best record for waking up fast from a SP xD

By the way when you couldn't move do you remember seeing normally or it was like watching from a different angle rather than seeing from where your eyes are?
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
Wish_not,
Great name for what lurks inside; "jester"; I like it. Makes me want to be dramatic and it; "The Unseen Jester of Wish_Not Residence.
Cant wait to hear another story from you.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
Tweed- Thank you for taking time to read my stories. The Big One scared the hell out of me as well. But of couse I did go through it:)

Your answer to this occasion seems to be spot on. I did not have a clue about that I could have caused it myself.

I appreciate your input and has given me an option to think about.

Sam- thankfully it was outside however if Tweed is correct, no worries. We still do have our little jester that does what it does inside. Been kind of active this past week. Thanks for reading and commenting.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Wish_not,
Holy s***, I'm not sure what to say, And yeah I guess that was a Violation, and from seeing the title first I didn't think this would be your experiance but when I Click it what do yo know it is. And yes I Remember reading the big one a while ago, and you haven't had really any bad experiance since (depending on what people consider bad). I guess its good to know it happened outside because if it was inside, it would probably stay. Keep us updated if you learn anything else about or if something happens (I hope not, or should I say I Wish Not)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
WishNot,
I read a few of your stories the same day I joined YGS.
'The Big One' scared the crap out of me!

I'm happy to say there IS a physical explanation to consider here.
There's a trance like state which causes the sensation of a heavy weight pressing on the legs and/or whole body. The weight is so intense that it inhibits a persons ability to move at all.
It lasts on average 5 minutes, but some people have experienced it for as long as 20.

The way this state is induced is by being very relaxed, sitting back in a chair, staring into a patterned graphic. (Like looking up at the stars)
Some people, not all, experience intense fear and panic even though they know it's a trick of the mind.
When it passes there's a 'restless' sensation in the hands.

This is usually done for entertainment by hypnotists. That said, given how easy it is to induce, it's not that big of a stretch to consider it as a possibility. That someone, in the right circumstances, could bring it on without knowledge or intention.
It is extremely easy to bring on, one of those things you can pull out at a party. It doesn't involve any real 'hypnotism'. It's performed while fully conscious.

I'm no hypnotist, only interested in it for fascination sake. I've done this weight sensation trick on myself a few times. Once I did while sitting next to our heater using the tiles above our heater as a pattern to stare at. I felt sounds in the room fade away and felt like my ears were blocked, then they started ringing really loudly. Usually this audio sensation doesn't happen. I assume the heater had something to do with it. Anyway your story reminded me of that time.

What happened to you was an isolated event and hasn't happened since so hopefully this bizarre weight trick is all it was. I hope so, anything else is just too creepy. It really sucks it's been plaguing you for so long. 😢
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Bjj-I have never experienced sp before so I couldn't compare. I felt like I was quite awake. Just pinned to my chair.
In addition, from thr accounts I have read it seems most were waking up or trying to?

Ifihadyoux- I have had a complete exam since this experience and drs have found no heart issues.

I appreciate the comments.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
It honestly sounds like you were having a heart attack and that scares the living crap out of me. Isn't it usually the left side that goes numb when this happens? Did you ever get yourself checked out in a short time frame after the incident?

Bjj; I think it's a good fit as far as the story category is concerned.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Wish, your title worried me, I admit lol.
I don't know if I put this is in the right category, but I just didn't know what to put this under. I do wonder if maybe it could have been SP. It sounds like you were pretty relaxed, pretty chill, so maybe you had started to drift off, and were in a hypnagogic state. That's really all I can think off to possibly explain it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: