You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strangeness

Real Ghost Stories

Strangeness

 

These are things that happened to me in my current home. I don't know how old my house is but I've been living here for 4 years now. It's a small duplex with a garage.

One evening I was taking a nap alone at home. I think it was around 5 or 6pm. My mom was at church because we're Catholic but I'm not religious so I rarely go. I have a younger sister that I share a room with, but she wasn't home either. I was having a peaceful nap when suddenly I became conscious for no reason. The blanket was still over my head, but I was wide awake. I was prepared to closed my eyes and go back to sleep, when I heard a noise like someone just got off my bed. My bed is a twin size bed, so it fits only one person. I was about to brush it off as my imagination, but whatever it was got back on the bed. This time the noise was louder and I "felt" it lying down beside me. My body wasn't heavy with pressure like in those cases of sleep paralysis. But I couldn't move because I was terrified. The first thing I did was pray over and over in my mind. I asked God to help me and protect me from whatever it was. After a few minutes I finally calmed down enough and gathered my courage to get off the bed. I quickly looked at the side of my bed, but nothing was there. I was still too scared to stay home alone, so I got dress and left the house. I told this account to my mom to see what her thoughts were. She firmly believes that this happened to me because I don't go to church.

After a few months nothing else occurred and I eventually stopped thinking about it. But one night again I was lying on my bed getting ready to go to sleep. This time I'm not home alone. My mom already went to bed ahead of me. Remember that I share a room with my sister, so there are two twin size beds in the room. My sister wasn't home because she was having a sleep over at a friend's house. My blanket didn't cover my head this time; it went up to half my face. My eyes were closed when I heard footsteps in the room walking back and forth. I assumed it was my mom checking up on me or maybe my sister came home. But suddenly the footsteps turned into prancing and it sounded like something fell onto my sister's bed. That definitely could not be my mom or sister, because they would never prance around in the room at night. I opened my eyes and peeked but saw nothing. Needless to say I got no sleep that night.

The most recent event happened to me occurred a few nights ago while I was in the room alone, sitting on the bed with my laptop. My bed suddenly shook and I thought it was an earthquake. It lasted less than one minute. My mom was in the living room watching television. I rushed to her and asked if she felt the earthquake, but she said no. The next day I asked my friends if they felt the earthquake, but no one felt it. The news didn't report any earthquakes either. I decided to ask my sister if she ever experienced anything in our house. But she told me that she hasn't and my mom hasn't mentioned anything either. So it seems like I'm the only one that is experiencing these things. By now I'm really starting to wonder if there's something in my house, but I probably won't seek professional help unless something harms me or my family members.

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, owlette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
I decided to read this story since the OP was honest and indicated, "I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion."

Her mom thinking that her daughter is being "punished" for not going to church seems ridiculous to me, but I can understand the notion since Catholics believe that all spirits are evil. You probably already know this, but I wouldn't bother discussing it with your mom again.

Like Rook always says, go with your gut. Set your natural fear of the unknown aside. Do you feel an overwhelmingly heavy atmosphere in the room when this entity is around? Analyze yourself next time this happens. Think... Aside from fear of the unknown, what emotions are you feeling?

Asuming that you don't have any truly negative emotions when this entity is present (or makes itself known), I'd try communicating with it. Ask it "yes or no" questions and tell it to knock for the answers. Find out why it's their and what it wants. You can also try using a digital voice recorder and see if you capture EVP's. Do *not*, however, use a Ouija board or attempt automatic writing. Those can invite more trouble.

If you do feel strong negative emotions when this entity is around, Rook can steer you in the right direction.

Good luck and thanks for sharing.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
My thought is that you mentioned the blanket is over your head, or at least partially covering your head. Its actually not good to sleep under the covers, as you don't get enough oxygen. Its possible that if you're not getting enough air, you could start feeling funny. I suggest keep that blanket chin and down.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Hi. First off, it really doesn't matter how old your house is because spirits can come from the land alone. However, it is always useful to find out the history of any home, especially one that you feel this "strangeness" in.

You could have a spirit guide that is surrounding you. It seems to not cause you no harm. When the "footsteps" happened to me, when I was quite young, I first was very afraid. After awhile, I felt like I couldn't go to sleep until I heard the guide checking up on me.

Good luck to you. Find someone who will believe in what you are saying, besides us here on this site.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Very interesting story, and I doubt that this is happening to you because you don't go to church. This behavior sounds like a ghost, perhaps a child even since you mention prancing and jumping onto your sister's bed. Maybe you could do some research on the previous inhabitants of the house? Maybe there's local realtors who would have that information? I don't know, I've never done it myself. It's interesting too that it only happens in that room. I wish you the best of luck. It sounds harmless now, but a little help could never hurt.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Maybe you are more sensitive than the rest of your family. I don't think a prancing ghost could be all that bad, could it. If something prances, it sounds childish or playful. Not scary. Maybe you are more gifted than your mom or sister.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Hey,

Thanks for sharing.

I guess your right in thinking that if it's not bothering you much you don't do much about it either. But if ever you feel threatened or sense fear get help... No point stalling until its unbearable.

Regards,
Logan
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
I have a ghost in my house that only bothers me and completely leaves my boyfriend alone. I also have a similar story that I am going to post when they are accepting submissions again.

I am not afraid of my ghost, but if you are, I would seek help anyway. Why wait for something bad to happen? Maybe it just wants your help to cross over and is only coming to you becuase he can sense your openmindedness...?

Regardless, good luck with your ghost!

Best,
Fanny ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: