You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Office Ghost Makes Me Feel Uneasy 2

Real Ghost Stories

Our Office Ghost Makes Me Feel Uneasy 2

 

Hey everyone, some of you might remember my story about the Office Ghost I posted a couple of months ago. Well, here is the follow up, as I promised to do.

"Alfred", is still very much active in the building. All the activities explained in the previous post, still happen. A couple of weeks ago, when I reported for duty, I walked all the way down the passage and marked all the doors that were open and I went back to my office. As I was about to sit down, I heard some of the doors slamming. I rushed over to see which ones were now open and vice versa. The only one now open, was the computer room. It was closed before.

Not long after that, I noticed a figure in the corner of my office, in a kneeling position. Scared out of my pants, I slowly reached for my phone to take some pictures. BIG mistake. Somehow, something triggered him and before I even had my phone in my hand, he was right up in my face. He carried this disturbing smell with him (maybe bad breath LOL). The only thing I remember best was my increasing heartbeat. The next moment, he rushed out of my office, down the passage. I could actually hear him running towards the Computer Room. That immediately called for a smoke break! What I need to know from you guys... This figure was dark, but no specific bodily figure. Almost like a cloud of smoke. What the hell can this guy be? Do ghosts look like this?

You might recall that we are moving to another building and that we are starting to pack up our stuff for the big move in the next couple of weeks. Somehow, I don't think this "guy" is very amused that we are going to leave him alone in this building. So, I started to pack all the stuff from the computer room into boxes, around 06h30 in the morning (all alone). As I unpack the shelves with all the files of the last 2 years, it goes into a separate box behind me. Much to my surprise, the box would not fill up with all the files? After noticing that I have packed away about 10 files into this box, there seemed to be only 4 files in it. Very confused, and wondering if I am been crazy, I looked up to a desk near the window and bingo, six files on the desk!

This guy used to do a lot of computer work for us, years ago. Maybe I should not have fiddled with "his" computer equipment. I later unpacked the shelf with some PC-Hardware on it. I noticed an old hard drive at the bottom of the shelf, threw it the bin... And the next moment it came flying out of the bin, landing up a couple of feet from me.

Now, the light in the Computer Room refuses to switch off. An electrician fixed it 4 times now, even rewired it and changed the switch. It works for about an hour and then back to square one. Since we started to clean out this building, the light started with its issues, and only in the Computer Room. Now the light stays on 24/7.

Do you think he is unhappy about us moving?

Other hauntings by Chris004

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chris004, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Chris004,
I remember reading your fist experience about this a while back. Two things you have mentioned that may need to be addressed before he is willing to move on though. I can't be certain about these, but they may be useful.

1) You stated in your earlier account that before he committed suicide he had gone to speak with another worker, but that worker wasn't in at that time. He then killed himself very soon after.
~~~That talk he wanted to have? Maybe that worker could come over and sit in the computer room to see if anything happens.
2) That computer hard drive may have been placed there by him. It may be important to what caused him such distress that he felt he needed to end his life that day. He committed suicide at work, not at his home. There is something very significant about that, in my opinion anyway.

These are just suggestions. I am not a psychic or spiritualist. I am just another person like you searching for answers.
Thank you for sharing, and please keep us updated on any developments.

Jav 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
great update thanks for adding this.
Have to agree with the other comments here,
It does sound like he was not fully formed when you saw him in your office.
And he might be around due to the extra activity~ more people doing extra work getting ready for the move will give him more energy to "borrow".
Have you asked around the offoces to see if anyone else has seen anything? Could be a case of people keeping quiet and not wanting to seem like a crazy person, you could start by talking about the light and noticing the door being open all the time, see who else mentions anything.
Anyway thanks for the update
Carl
fllnangel17 (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Does anyone know who he came to see in your building before he killed himself? If so, maybe have that person talk to him and reassure him? I agree with generalchaos about telling the ghost exactly what you guys are doing and seeing if maybe he'll calm down.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
Wow. I had to go back and read your earlier story, since I haven't been on this forum very long.

Have you, or anyone else, trying talking to the ghost? Addressing it by name? Just telling him that you are just moving to another building, that you aren't going out of business?
I really like the idea of leaving a small recorder on while you are there - you might catch some EVPs. Good luck!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-07)
I echo geetha's comment here... As 'solid' as 'he' seemed he may not have had enough 'energy' to fully manifest which resulted in what you were able to see.

Has anyone else seen any sort of manifestation? Or has it just been you?

This spirit may not be 'upset' that your company is leaving but the extra activity may have made 'it' more active.

Thank you for part two of this experience and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
yuribellandres (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Wow! A ghost popping out face-to-face! That's one freakin' situation you've got there! It was really scary-like seeing a ghost far from you is also a scary one, but having a ghost in FRONT of you is really one BIG DEAL!

Anyway, it do really like the story... 😁
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
Based on your previous story, and now this one, it seems pretty clear that this ghost was indeed an ex-worker, most likely within the computer room. He must have been one heck of a worker if he's still there! He seems very adamant about staying and it seems to me that he's very displeased about everyone leaving. Perhaps you could do research on cleansing methods to coax his spirit onward instead of dwelling in the office? One such method I heard of was to air out the space, opening all the windows and uttering prayers. It's amazing that you were able to see some manifestation of 'Alfred', though I would have been scared witless if I was face-to-face with a spirit! Did you manage to get any distinguishing features from that encounter, though I know you said he appeared only as a dark, shadowy form. Was it threatening? He could just be very bitter. Sorry for the length of this post! I hope things get better for you.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
So you think you know the identity of this spirit? An ex-computer guy? He sounds pretty unhappy that you are leaving. It seems odd to me, though, that he appears as a shadow person. But I guess human spirits can look like shadow people without actually being a true shadow person. Very interesting that you had such a face to face encounter with this thing. It seems to take a special interest in you. Maybe the spirit had bad breath in life. Do you know anyone living today who may have known the deceased person? Maybe they can remember the nature of this person's breath. Thanks for sharing, what an eerie account!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-06)
I can tell your ghost friend isn't all to happy about you moving. I would be pretty scared to if a ghost came up in your face too. Besides being scared, did you ever feel threatened by this ghost?

From what I heard from the experts on this site, the reason why you saw the black mass was because your ghost didn't have enough energy to fully form into a human shape.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: