You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Two Weeks Of Strangeness

Real Ghost Stories

Two Weeks Of Strangeness

 

Since my last post here, I have moved back into my house after getting rid of the mirror. Alissia has been taken away on the grounds that my house isn't safe for her.

Over the last two weeks things have been happening and I have been contemplating posting them on here.

Wednesday 16th May

I was in the bath. I live on my own so the door wasn't locked. It's not like anyone is going to get in. Downstairs, I heard footsteps, like heavy boots walking from my door to where the stairs are and just stop there. I thought someone had broken in and was raiding the house, but there were no other noises. I kept listening for someone coming up the stairs but nothing came. I put it down to something other than someone breaking in and relaxed again. A few minutes later the toilet in the same bathroom as I was in, flushed, on it's own. I literally watched it flush and the handle go back to its original position. I stared at it but put it down to something like the toilet going wrong. There are rational explanations for everything if you try hard.

That's when I heard talking coming from outside the room. I thought somehow someone had come up the stairs without me knowing or hearing it. It was muffled so I don't know what they were saying but it sounded quite calm. I got out of the bath and got dressed so that whoever it was wouldn't see me naked if they came in. I called Eddison because I knew that I couldn't get out of the bathroom while they were there. Eddison refused on account of what happened last time he came to my house. I realized that I was not going to get out of the bathroom unless I was really brave. I grabbed one of my razors and opened the door really quickly. No one was there. I ran around the entire house and checked in every crevice just to try and find the people who were definitely in my house. No one was found, nor was there any way for them to have gotten in my house. It freaked me out so I booked into a bed and breakfast, to feel safer.

Saturday 19th May

I was at Eddison's house and we were watching the birds in his garden. The bird feeder was nearly empty so I went out to refill it because Eddison had to answer the phone. We all have low fences apart from the end house which has a wall on one end to prevent intruders. The end house happens to be my house. As I was doing this, I noticed some movement in my garden. There was a man, just staring at me from my garden. I shouted at him to get out of it or else I would call the police. He just smiled and ran inside my house, through the closed door. I was taken aback. Eddison came out and handed me the phone saying that it came from my house. I put it to my ear but all I could hear was the same calm muffled voices as what I heard on Wednesday. I hung up and told Eddison what I had seen. He offered to climb over the fences to get to mine to check it out. After he checked it out, he came back and explained that all the doors were locked so the guy couldn't have gone into my house. I stayed round Eddison's that night.

Tuesday 22nd May

My cousin was round my house. She was looking after our other cousin who had just broken his leg. Sophie (The one without the broken leg) was just talking when she stopped and stared out of the window. I turned around to see what she was looking at and there was a woman miming something. She ran away after a few seconds of miming. Sophie and I laughed it off because it was so random.

Our other cousin, Casey, piped up about seeing some guy in the garden. Casey does not believe in paranormal at all. That's why I was talking to Sophie and not Casey. Casey tends to think we are a bit barmy. Sophie checked the garden but there was no one there. She helped Casey up because he had to go to the toilet. When he came back, he said his back hurt so he took his t-shirt off and we saw this big cut down his back. It looked like it had been there for ages but Sophie was helping him wash at that point because he couldn't get his leg wet. She would have noticed a cut down his back, and she didn't.

I started telling Casey about the Eddison and cat incident. He laughed it off saying that he had probably caught it somewhere. Sophie and I were sceptical of Casey's thoughts. We all stayed together that night.

Friday 25th May

I saw an apparition. It appeared, waved to me and disappeared again. I was washing my face in the sink when I felt someone tap me on the shoulder, so I turned around and no one was there. I didn't think anything of it, when you've had this many weird things happen to you, nothing much fazes you. However while I was still looking for anyone, the apparition appeared and waved to me. I stared at it for a minute and then it disappeared.

What do you think guys?

Other hauntings by Oceana

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Oceana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Oceana (11 stories) (47 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-09-06)
Eddison's phone comes up with the phone number of who is calling.
Caz (342 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-27)
Thanks Rex! Yes... I think if Oceana comes back, 'caller display' is what we'll be told. LOL... Alter ego eh! Luv it! Puts me in mind of a certain caped crusader, sometimes known as Clark Kent! 😁
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-07-20)
Apology accepted Caz, but no harm done. In fact you referred to me by my alter ego 'T-Rex' when I believe bad people need chomping, or, at the least a bit of a scare. 😁

Back on topic, having worked in the Telecommunications Industry for 40 years I still had some doubts after Oceana's answer. The phone line may have had a feature known as 'calling number display' but I guess we will have to wait for clarification.

Rex-T (aka T-Rex)
Caz (342 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-19)
Hi Rex-T,
I've just realized I put your name back to front! DOH! Please accept my apology!
Caz (342 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-07-19)
Oceana,
Having read your response to T-Rex, I'm still confused as to how your friend could have known the phone call was coming from your house, even if he knew your landline number, as the line was still open when he handed you the phone, or perhaps I've missed something here! 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
First: RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH... What was in the neighborhood before it was one, or did anything happen on the property/ your house?

Second: JOURNAL: Details can be crucial. Besides other than 1 individual being scratched it sounds like someone/something (or maybe more than one) is simply trying to get your attention. (You mention 'Alissia', and the home being 'unsafe' for her... Do I need to read another experience of yours for background on this or can you elaborate on this point? If its personal you do not need to).

Cleansing/Shielding: You can find many different methods online or you can go to my profile and try the one I have posted there. It may have to be preformed multiple times before the house is truly clear.

Respectfully,

Rook
Oceana (11 stories) (47 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-06-09)
Lady glow:
I was scared, I didn't think. That's why I didn't phone the police. Plus, I did think maybe it was paranormal or in my imagination. I didn't want to make my self look an idiot.

I thought the mirror was the source but now maybe i'm not so sure. The miming woman was a random person and none of my neighbors have any odd experiences, just me. Nothing's changed, it's just so weird.

I think I will cleanse the house.

Rex-T:
He knows my landline number.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+4
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Oceana,

Did you ask Eddison how he knew that the phone call was coming from your house?

The reason I ask is I'm wondering if Eddison is playing a prank on you.

Otherwise I agree with lady-glow's suggestion to get your house cleansed. Sounds like your dealing with at least two spirits (one in the garden & one making the call).

Lady-glow - I'm crushed. I was lead to believe that you 'never leave home without your toothbrush'. What's the world coming to?

Rex-T
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Miracles - you mods are amazing! 😘

505050505050505050505050
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
lady-glow - I'm sorry, you must have been typing when I deleted the funnybee's comment.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-06-08)
Funnybee - that's the beauty of asking questions, so the OP has a chance to clarify or add anything they missed in their narrative.

It's FUNNY that your very first comment on the very first day you joined the site has to be directed to me... Have we met before? 🤔

One of my hobbies is BEE keeping, funnybee. 😜
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-07)
Unless you shave like the man in the following link, using a razor would have offered as much protection as using a toothbrush in case of a home invasion.
Https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-images-man-shaving-knife-image24235294

Seriously, why didn't you call the police after Eddison refused to help you?

Did you find out if the mirror was the source of the previous disturbances?

Have you asked the neighbors if they, too, have been having odd and unexplained experiences?
Did the miming woman resemble any of the neighbors?
Can you think of anything that could have triggered the activity?

Perhaps you should try cleansing and/or blessing the house according to your personal beliefs.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: