You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Guardghost

Real Ghost Stories

Guardghost

 

I wrote a childhood experience awile back titled "My First EVP" that started by saying I recently had an experience that brought back childhood memories and I was asked what happened that brought back the memories? It had been many years since anything that couldn't be explained had happened to me and nothing had ever happened to my wife and she has never believed in ghosts etc, etc. Until now!

It started one night when I was asleep in my favorite chair in my own personal mancave (the back bedroom which happens to be the smallest room in the house) that I have a couple of recliners and a tv for playing video games late at night on the weekends when everyone else is in bed. It was one of those nights that I had dozed off in my chair when I was awakened by something that had hit the side of my chair so hard it lifted slightly on the rightside and brought me wide awake; I heard something that sounded like a dog scratching the side of the chair and I thought I must have imagined the chair being hit that hard and leaned over reaching for our little dog (weiner dog) but nothing was there.

I got up and went to the bedroom and she was asleep by my wife and then checked on my son and he was asleep. I went back and sat in my chair thinking about what had just happened. I know it wasn't a dream because I was awake when I heard the scratching.

The next morning I reluctantly told my wife what had happened, expecting to be laughed at and made fun of, but her response took me by as much surprise as the incident itself. She said, "oh, don't worry about it, its just Samantha." (Samantha was a pitbull terrier that we had brought to our home to save her. She was scarred all over from the fighting and it took a couple of years before she would come and want to be petted. We would bring her inside for an hour or so a few times a week but she was never happy in the house for long and we would let her out the back door into her pen.)

I ask my wife, "how do you know its Samantha?" She said, "the next time you hear her say her name and listen, she will dance in circles just like when she was alive." I asked why she hadn't said anything and she said, "I didn't want you to think I was crazy!"

Samantha had been dead for at least six months after losing a battle with cancer and we had took a dachsund from an old lady who said she couldn't take care of her anymore and wanted her to go to a good home about two weeks prior to the events and my wife says Samantha is jealous and wanting her share of attention.

We have felt the weight of her on the bed and heard her nails on the floor and heard her scratching at the side of my chair many times and when I call her name I can hear her dancing in circles. This went on for a month or so and when my wife fixed her a nice marker at her grave and said a prayer for her to have peace she hasn't been back. We enjoyed her in life and her spirit after death and hope she moved on to someplace more pleasent.

I hope you enjoyed my story as much as I enjoyed living it!

Champion

Other hauntings by champion

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, champion, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RabbitHeartedGirl (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Awww that is so cute. 😁 Thank you for sharing this story I like animal ghosties xxx
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-01)
This is an uplifting and well told story. Animals are amazing creatures! Thank you for sharing this.
BeautInside (3 stories) (326 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
This story brought tears to my eyes, that's amazing! Ever since I was a very young girl that I've taken care of animals, and I'd love that some of them that have already passed came to visit me.
This story is going to my favourites. ❤
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Thank you all for your kind words!
Javelina- we don't do rescue work but it seems as though the ones that have come to us over the last twenty years are in need! My wife has a special way with animals and loves them all. She made a marker out of a flat stone and painted her name and we love you on it and placed two small concrete deer on each side of her. She did the same for a cockatiel we had for eleven years. She has to repaint a couple of times a year but she doesn't mind.

Champion
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Champion,
I haven't been on to read any stories for a couple of days, and which is the first one I come upon? This one nearly brought me to tears, joyful and sad at the same time. Firstly, I must commend you on taking in Samantha, her breed and condition when you brought her home are normally treated as the first in line for euthanizing. You are now elevated to Sainthood in my book!
Second, your wife was not a bit surprised and knew instinctively what was up before you. This says a lot for the new age we're in. More people are accepting and unafraid when it comes to the paranormal, that has to be a good sign.
Third, bless you both for opening your home to the pets that don't normally get adopted right off. I realize they didn't come to you through the usual route. That makes me wonder if either of you do rescue work? I only ask because my daughter does the same.
Thank you for sharing your very special experience here Champion, I am also visited by my own pets that have passed on, and I like the idea of the grave marker. I am going to do the same for Tippy and Pepsi now, also feeling guilty for not thinking of it myself. Their graves are surrounded by a circle of stones each, but no marker with their names.

Jav ❤
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Oh that is a beautiful story and wonderful what you and your wife did for Samanatha both in life and in death. I'm sure shes happy where she is now thanks to the love you and your wife showed her 😊
Aprilsnanny35 (3 stories) (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Beautiful story! Thanks for sharing and for putting a smile on my face! 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
champion: A very touching story, as Granny mentioned that is very kind of you and your wife taking Samamntha in, I am sure she is very gratefull to you for making the last few years of her life a lot more loving and comfortable, I'm glad she is at peace. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Lunahenry (2 stories) (50 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
Thanks for this wonderful story. It gives me hope that I will see my animals again. RIP...Cats: Luna; Henry; and Cocoa, Dogs: Charlie; Monk; and Blackie.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-24)
champion: Very cool experience!...It was really nice of your wife to honor your furry family member like that, I'm sure Samantha appreciated the gesture...

I believe that our pets hang around for a short while after they depart, just to make sure we can make it without them 😊...Sometimes, people continue to have visitors, years afterward...

Thank you for posting, you tugged at my heart-strings 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: