You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: House Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

House Ghost

 

My Thai partner and I (American farang) have a house in the close-in suburbs of Bangkok, recently built. The land was vacant, as far as we know no other structure was there previously. His family has owned the land for many years. We split our time between living in the US and Thailand. I was at the house in December and January Back from a long time overseas. One morning as I lay in bed, I had the feeling someone was sitting next to me, sitting on the headboard of the bed, which is a low, wide headboard about six inches wide. I looked up, and there sat a 10-12 year old Thai school boy, shortly cropped hair, slight build, in his uniform; white short-sleeve button up shirt, red neckerchief, blue shorts and he was smiling and outstretching his hand offering me a glass of water, then vanished. It was so unexpected I sat up and gave a startled yell, and my partner came running in from downstairs to find out what was happening. It wasn't necessarily scary, but quite unsettling.

The next morning, as I lay in bed, the same boy walked across the bed headboard from right to left and as he passed me, bent down and playfully patted or tapped me on top of my head.

That same evening, late at night I was downstairs, changing the laundry when a voice very clearly called out "hello?" My partner was asleep in bed two stories above me and the voice sounded like a boy or a woman. I tried to convince myself I had not heard it, but it was extremely clear as though it was no more than a few feet away from me.

Soon after, the boy appeared to me in a dream and told me his name was Den or Tan, something like that.

My partner's family lives in the next house and his brother confided that he too had some experiences meeting Den or Tan, mostly disembodied voices.

My partner's family had a boy die many years ago, but as a baby, not a 10-12 years old boy. None of this was particularly frightening, but just very unsettling. His face is so very clear to me; I can recall every detail of how he looked.

Summing up all of this, to me it felt as though he was curious about me, not threatening.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Yannawa66, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Yannawa66 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
Yes, there are other houses around, so perhaps another family lost a child at some time in the past.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
Are there other houses nearby, besides the family homes? Is it possible that a child died in an accident on or near your land while you were gone? Or perhaps a child of a neighbor died? It's funny, he must have recognized that you were an American and greeted you in your own tongue.
Yannawa66 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
It was spoken in English, was very clear and close by, but had a bit of a tinny sound to it.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
just wondering, was the "hello" spoken in English?
Or native language of that particular area.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: